Dynadot

Two Things I Don't Like About Dynadot Registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Almost all my domain names are at Dynadot and I love their services except in two areas which I am about to talk about here. I hope that the top management sees this and makes the necessary changes.

1. No instant domain registration after checkout: Dynadot does not register a domain name INSTANTLY or as soon as you hit the "place order" or "Checkout" button. Unlike other registrars that I have used over the years where I get a domain name as soon as I place the order or click the checkout button.

I was surprised to discover last year(2023) that a domain name I had checked out on and received payment notification via email was not registered. By the time I found out, it was too late as someone else had registered the domain name.

What this means is that, because of the delay, someone else had registered the domain that I had in my cart and checked out.

It also means that if you found a very good domain name and tried to use Dynadot to register the domain name and someone else also found it and used Godaddy or Namecheap to register it, the one who used Godaddy or Namecheap will get the domain name before you even if you both saw it at the same time.

I shared my experience with some domainers in my circle and I was made to understand that that is how things are at Dynadot and if you want the domain name to be registered on time, you have to contact live support.

This was more of a shock to me that in 2023 (at that time) I would need to knock on the door of live support to handle a task as simple as domain registration. I have never experienced this anywhere else except Dynadot.

I have been doing that ever since that experience and it has been helpful but I also feel that is a precious time that could be used to tackle more important things being wasted.

2. Domains won at Dynadot Auctions CAN NOT be pushed to another Dynadot Account Until After 18 Days: I won domain name but surprisingly I cannot push the same domain name to another Dynadot account. This was another shocker to me because in other places like Dropcatch, Godaddy, and Namecheap, domains you win at auction can be pushed to another account within the same registrar but Dynadot is saying "We don't do that here"

Why do I have to wait for 18 days to push a domain name from my Dynadot account to another Dynadot account? Just Why?

I can push a Godaddy domain won at auction to another Goaddy account,

I can push a Namecheap domain name won at auction to another Nanamecheap account.

I can push a Namebright domain name won at auction to via Dropcatch to another Namebright account.

Why can't I do the same at Dynadot? Why do I have to wait for 18 days to do that?

I am not pushing from Dynadot to NameCheap or from Dynadot to Godaddy but from Dynadot to Dynadot and I am told that I have to wait for 18 days.

WHY?

@Dynadot @Dynadot-Market @dynadot_sam

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding #1, you are absolutely right and it is quite frustrating. I also lost domains due to that huge delay in registration until I learned about insta-reg which works for most extensions (but not all).
No idea why there is a way to register instantly in one way but not another.

You can find insta-reg here:
1710346401145.png

•••
Regarding #1, you are absolutely right and it is quite frustrating. I also lost domains due to that huge delay in registration until I learned about insta-reg which works for most extensions (but not all).
No idea why there is a way to register instantly in one way but not another.

You can find insta-reg here:
Show attachment 254042
I've also found that Dynadot's Instant Registration works well and avoids that frustrating lag that can otherwise happen with registrations there. Just be sure to avoid typos, or something like copying and pasting a .com name and missing that last "m" or you will end up instantly with a typo or the .co rather than the .com. I usually will run a list through their bulk search before moving them to instant.

I haven't accidentally registered a mistyped or misspelled name there yet but I did copy and paste a list where I missed that last "m" in a dot com of the last name in the list and ended up with a .co rather than .com name. That risk is well worth the functionality. And the mistake was 100% on me.

•••
1. No instant domain registration after checkout
Not in my experience. 99% of the times I have hand registered a domain at Dynadot, it was an instant registration, unlike other major players out there I don't wanna name now.

In any case, there is always the probability to catch a moment of maybe too many registrations at the same time, resulting in a delay. Or directly catch a momentary glitch.

That's precisely in that case, that you have always to check it right after making the purchase, that the domain is into your account. Shit always happens, and in that case, I am gonna run to register that domain wherever, just in case I lose it for 5, 10 minutes or 1 hour of delay.

Last edited:
•••
2. Domains won at Dynadot Auctions CAN NOT be pushed to another Dynadot Account Until After 18 Days
That's not too much related to the registrar performance, but to the auction side performance.
I guess they do it for safety reasons, in case there's some problem or issue about the auction. I have never seen it like such a big problem to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back