IT.COM

.UK or .CO.UK ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vikash

Established Member
Impact
What is your views on .UK and .CO.UK domains ??
Why .UK domains are less popular than .CO.UK ??
I have a 4 letter .UK domain with $40000 estibot valuation , what you think how much can i get for this ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thank you it was really helpful
What is your views about estibot appraise ??
How much estibot appraise affects our domain price ??
I personally love .uk but .co.uk is widely used in UK. Its better if you have the .co.uk estension too

•••
Why .UK domains are less popular than .CO.UK ??
Because .UK is new. Most commercial entities use .CO.UK. It's the standard. Ditto re most other ccTLD's, with rare exceptions like .IN or .CO (which is used as a gTLD-alike).

•••
Because .UK is new. Most commercial entities use .CO.UK. It's the standard. Ditto re most other ccTLD's, with rare exceptions like .IN or .CO (which is used as a gTLD-alike).
Thanks @Domaniak

•••
Estibot hasn't an iota of intelligence regarding the .uk extension. It can be close for .co.uk but still has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

•••
If your 4L domain is a word it may be valuable, but if it's just random letters, it's pretty much worthless in the uk market IMO.

Today, .uk is second to .co.uk by a distance, the same way .net is to .com, although I can see this changing in the future.

•••
ALOT 4L .UK AVAILABLE BECAUSE .UK IS NEW

•••
If your 4L domain is a word it may be valuable, but if it's just random letters, it's pretty much worthless in the uk market IMO.

Today, .uk is second to .co.uk by a distance, the same way .net is to .com, although I can see this changing in the future.
Yes it is a word, but some people say that you cant register .UK domain if its .CO.UK domain is registered. Is it right ??

•••
Only if the .co.uk was registered before 2013, in which case the owner holds the rights of the .uk until 2019.

•••
Yes it is a word, but some people say that you cant register .UK domain if its .CO.UK domain is registered. Is it right ??
If the .co.uk was registered before a certain date (not sure when off the top of my head), then that registrant has the rights to the .uk name until 2019. If it is not registered before then it is open to anyone.

•••
We can't really judge the value of your domain without knowing what it is, but I can't think of any four letter .uk name being worth anything close to that amount.

•••
A .co.uk / .org.uk / .me.uk domain registration prior to 10th of June 2014 grants the current holder first .uk rights untill 10th of June 2019. Registration of .uk domains for which the .co.uk / .org.uk / .me.uk domains was registered after the 10th of June 2014 is on a first come, fist served basis.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back