Dynadot

UNI will be gone 2021

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doc24

A Wish SandwichEstablished Member
Impact
UNI will be gone 2021 as we know it. No more self brokered domain names through their marketplace according to an announcement by GoDaddy..

I think that sucks to be honest and the fact that we are not allowed to sell our own names.. I have always had great success with their back end admin and negotiations with potential buyers. Afternic price request have always been a giant waste of time for me ... IMO.

Yes I have my own website already and yes I get some through there. However I have tried Afternic Landers, Sedo, Dan, and a few others, but UNI was by far the best for me. Yes you should always list in multiple places, but in the end for me it was always UNI with the best buyers that seemed more serious to purchase. Again.. IMO

This was sent out by Godaddy and UNI to my email address telling all the domain sellers that there will be no more self brokered domains and everything will be combined coming soon in 2021. That they will be using landers supplied by afternic and other changes will be announced. Check with your own GoDaddy/UNI rep for more information

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd appreciate if anyone could share a source for this.

I was expecting to read it on my daily domaining news but no-one so far has mentioned anything about Uni going away.

Thanks

•••
Last newsletter from Uni was emailed to me on Jan'25.
They plan to launch Daily payouts and minimum threshold was lowered to $25, new payout methods and currencies...
Nothing about selfbrokerage.

Last edited:
•••
Epik, You get every information about your lead.
I'd appreciate if anyone could share a source for this.

I was expecting to read it on my daily domaining news but no-one so far has mentioned anything about Uni going away.

Thanks

Was emailed in an announcement, that I already deleted and it clearly stated they were combining with afternic landers - which obviously means NO SELF BROKERING - take it as you may but thats what I received from them .. and I have sent a follow up email and ticket to find out when..however all they say is they are working on it

•••
Last edited:
•••
My team and I are not going anywhere. staying put to continue to serve our supportive and growing user base

That’s the most important thing.

i want to genuinely thank you for having the easiest Push process across all Registrars.

Samer

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back