Dynadot

opinion Unusually high CTR for a parked domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tom_f

Impact
Hi, I have about 40 domains parked at Sedo.com. Most of them get under 3% CTR. Except for this one:
doge.cheap

I was thinking of selling it but I'm not so sure anymore. Has anyone ever encountered CTR this high on a freshly-registered parked domain?

Data copied from sedo.com:
Traffic origin by region (Last 7 Days)
United States 66.67 %
Great Britain 33.33 %

doge.cheap
UniquesClicksEarningsCTREPCRPM
Today*110.00 EUR100.00 %0.00 EUR0.27 EUR
Yesterday110.00 EUR100.00 %0.00 EUR0.07 EUR
Last 7 Days650.00 EUR83.33 %0.00 EUR0.03 EUR
Month to Date*19130.00 EUR68.42 %0.00 EUR0.06 EUR
Last 31 Days32180.00 EUR56.25 %0.00 EUR0.05 EUR

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I picked up a domain a couple years ago that immediately started getting serious traction within a week of putting together a parked page for it. After some digging through DNS history, I found the domain had been a functioning business for years and built a good SEO ranking. I did a quick search and saw this domain has been registered a few times, but nothing linking it to SEO keywords. Go figure, but congrats on that CTR! 🙌

•••
Well, 'freshly registered' for you maybe.
Domain was first registered on 2014 and used to redirect to a crypto website (according to web.archive.org).

That doesn't mean that the traffic is related to that past registration though. nGTLDs tend to get traffic from 'dots' when people end a word with a fullstop and then begin another word immediately after that fullstop. In your case it might be, blah blah doge.Cheap blah blah , etc.

As long as the traffic is not spam bots, you should feel that you got a good pick :)

•••
That doesn't mean that the traffic is related to that past registration though. nGTLDs tend to get traffic from 'dots' when people end a word with a fullstop and then begin another word immediately after that fullstop. In your case it might be, blah blah doge.Cheap blah blah , etc.
This is an important insight. Thank you :).
Good thing .cheap nGTLD is being slept on...so many great names are available for registration.

•••
This is an important insight. Thank you :).
Good thing .cheap nGTLD is being slept on...so many great names are available for registration.
I agree, I only have 2x non .coms, and business.cheap is one of them!

•••
I agree, I only have 2x non .coms, and business.cheap is one of them!
Nice catch. Is the business.cheap domain generating any revenue from parking?

I bought patents.cheap, doctors.cheap, implants.cheap and liquor.cheap, they are getting traffic but unfortunately no clicks.

Last edited:
•••
I bought patents.cheap, doctors.cheap, implants.cheap and liquor.cheap, they are getting traffic but unfortunately no clicks.
Hi

be careful about regging too many names, based on that single name, that currently is not earning any returns on that investment.

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back