NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
skylineleong said:
I have a google domain name.

Example:
google.com.XX
google.XX

It's lawsuits?

Thanks.

Firstly, how is that a domian hack?

Secondly, not a smart move infringing on their TM. Don't be suprised if they come after you one day

•••
There is an interesting GEO-hack in a Sedo auction ending in about 37 hours from now (it's not mine):

adelai.de

•••
skylineleong said:
I have a google domain name.

Example:
google.com.XX
google.XX

It's lawsuits?

Thanks.

Thats blatant trademark infringement. I doubt you'll have these domains very long.

•••
adelai.de is a nice one, a very nice one indeed, I can imagaine it being used by an Australian out there, it would definately get into the local press I think.

•••
adelai.de is own by one of the NP member. I'm really hoping that this geo-hack get a good sale.

TheBaldOne, it is good to see you in this thread again. It's been a while.

•••
I am holding TakeCareOf.us . I had an Afternic appraisal two years ago today:

Domain Name Appraisal Summary

Domain Name: TakeCareOf.us
CMV: $ 750.00
PMV: $ 2,100.00
Date Completed: Wed Nov 30 11:14:38 2005

"Take care of us" is a perfectly logical expectation of any customer. IMHO, it is just perfect for hotels, resorts or almost any service industry. Here is a unique example where the .us makes this domain easy to remember.

•••
•••
I have just posted in another thread trying to explain the potential of L-L-L.com's to a thread starter who wondered if they had any value in the future. Then I realised that the explanation I had given was just as important to domain hacks, indeed perhaps more so.

With the decline in what is termed 'traditional media' advertising (newspapers, radio, tv) and the growth in online advertising the method of delivery is changing as well from a mainly aural to visual medium. This change is particularly important as far as 'hacked names' is concerned. (We must really come up with a better term for these type of domians by the way, because of the general persona associated with anything that is 'hacked' it does instill a negative response from many when first introduced to them.)

A hacked domain is truely far more unique than a 'conventional' domain name where it is only the suffix that can be different between hundreds of different domains. A hacked domain, say 'lapto.ps' is entirely different to any other domain name, and when seen is automatically recognised as such by the prospective targeted marketed audiance. Now the growth of online advertising with its mainly visual medium means that aunique domain name that can easily be remembered and indeed noted due to its novelty is an extremely important marketing tool for advertisers and their clients.

I hope this makes sense, it is late in the day here in the UK and I have another 4-5 hours to go yet!

Xman, thanks for the welcome back. :tu:

•••
xman said:
adelai.de is own by one of the NP member. I'm really hoping that this geo-hack get a good sale.

I am very surprised that there are not more bidder's on this with the potential that is there! Before sending to auction the traffic had increased tremendously and it was obvious that this was direct type in.

•••
TheBaldOne as usual you always have some great analysis in domain hack. Since the beginning of this thread your comments are always fun to read and therefore my friend you deserve a rep. I know there are many develop hack sites out there and perhaps we can start a new thread for developed sites.

Len I've been watching your auction in Sedo and now that you mentioned from your comments above "there are not more bidder's" maybe because you don't have enough info about the domain itself.

Try to put something in the info like "Adelaide is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of South Australia" but that's my opinion. I really want to see more bids in your auction.

•••
xman said:
Len I've been watching your auction in Sedo and now that you mentioned from your comments above "there are not more bidder's" maybe because you don't have enough info about the domain itself.

Try to put something in the info like "Adelaide is the capital and most populous city of the Australian state of South Australia" but that's my opinion. I really want to see more bids in your auction.

Advice taken......4hrs to go and fingers crossed! :)

•••
X, many thanks for the rep, much appreciated (though perhaps not so warrented).

Well it is as normal pouring down with rain here and it is damn cold inside the garden shed that acts as my office, perhaps it has affected my brain but......

We need something new like del.icio.us to catch the medias attention, so due to the time of year it is I have decided to put 'JesusChri.st' up for offers on Sedo with the ludicrous lowball figure of $60 opening up an auction. If it gets the initial bid then it will be full swing contacting the press around the world to create interest in hacked domain names generally. It might not work but without trying we will never know, and as I always advocate such action I guess it is up to me to do it.

I have had low ball offers in the low $x,xxx before, but in reality it does not matter what the final figure is as long as the publicity is obtained for hacked names in general, and I have seen some brilliant ones on this thread and in peoples signatures.

Wish me luck.

•••
TheBaldOne said:
It might not work but without trying we will never know, and as I always advocate such action I guess it is up to me to do it.

TheBaldOne if you try it..it might not work as you said but if you don't it will never work.

I used to tell my buddies when I was in college when they like a girl in campus and hesitate to ask the girl out. I used to say.."if you ask her out she might not go out with you but if you don't she'll never go out with you."

I wish all the luck and keep us posted.

•••
i agree newage domains (my suggestion) for hacks .....really do stand out , i think it shows that whoever owns that website are creative

•••
Lots of bidding in the last few minutes for Adelai.de

Adelai.de sold $212

•••
i am from australia ...... i think it was undervalued !!!!! bummer , but a sale , well done

•••
Yeah...Looked like bidder #2 would have gone a lot higher had there been some real competition! Still...I am happy, a sale is a sale and I got a good ROI. I still found it exciting towards the end with the bids that were coming in.

•••
Congratulation Len

I'm glad you had more bid in the last 4 hours.

Well done.

•••
xman said:
Congratulation Len

I'm glad you had more bid in the last 4 hours.

Well done.

Thanks, it was good to have your support. :)
FYI I'm sure you are going to be a wealthy man in the future with all the great hacks that you have. You have some of the best there is and I for one am finding it very difficult to find any good one's these days.

•••
Len said:

Adelai.de sold $212

Congrats on the sale Len :)

•••
Hey amigos look at my collection
recently.in
wordpr.es/s
goog.le.vg (Oh did i say its TM free?)

•••
capever.de

had my eyes on this one for a while. I think it's a nice geo hack so I regged it today.

•••
Len said:

Adelai.de sold $212

Yep, I was stoked to pick this one up. It's great to see it's a fellow NP member my money is going to as well. I live in Australia so see the great potential this name has and will be putting it aside for now and hope to be able to market it to end users within a few months time.

PS. I'll have the payment made tonight for it too :)

•••
i hope to see it in the future , can you find me a melbourne hack ?????? lol

•••
evirtual1 said:
i hope to see it in the future , can you find me a melbourne hack ?????? lol

if it were easy to do, someone may have already done it. But looks like it might yet take some doing for an intrepid domainer such as yourself to register "melbour" with extension of either .ne (Niger cctld) or possibly .ne.jp or .ne.kr

For the Niger hack (much prefered IMO) it looks like you might need to deal with "Sonitel" - http://www.intnet.ne/ - but doesn't look like a straightforward online order, may need to call or write ... Not sure about residency / business presence requirement, but I would guess everything is negotiable for enough $$$ ... Looks like reg fee is $399.00 just to get you started though ...

Some more info here ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.ne

http://www.rwgusa.com/ne.htm

http://www.issociate.de/domain_eng_ne_Niger.php

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=733347

enjoy ... :yell:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back