IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Went through a big list... the only one I thought was worth registering was settin.gs. But I like it. I can see many end users.

•••
I see both Barak Obama and Mitt Romney are using hacks of sort...
OFA.BO (Boliva ccTLD)
Mi.TT (Trinidad & Tobago ccTLD)
Both redirect to dot coms

That's awesome, I don't own any domain hacks but I can see why someone would use them. Great to see them being used for the elections.

•••
me.ga is a new upload service launching soon by megaupload founder

•••
me.ga is a new upload service launching soon by megaupload founder

How is that possible. .GA domains havent been available for registration since I started domaining.

•••
Gabon is an unstable TLD, the whole extension has actually been down for several MONTHS and that was roughly one year ago ... good luck with that :)

•••
When I first know .ga domain, I searched ga.ga and found it's available. Then I asked safenames and nic.ga if I can register ga.ga but no responses.

Safenames told me that they let me to wait for some months to ask nic if this domain can be registered.

After several months, I found ga.ga was registered, but registrant is not me, from then on, I never associate with them.

•••
Just for fun, let me share a couple of interesting domain hacks I have...

- Sit.com ('sitcom' - also, of course a dictionary word LLL.com).

- Ma.am (am = Armenia registry)

Last edited:
•••

- Sit.com ('sitcom' - also, of course a dictionary LLL.com).

When I see Sit_com near to ma_am it makes me feel bad for sit_com :gn:
It should be against of the rules to mention a domain like Sit near to domains like ma_am :p

•••
I just picked up fulh.am and tottenh.am
Stoked. Have plans for both of them!
:)

•••
I just picked up fulh.am and tottenh.am

Wow, nice names.

tottenh.am is good. now register hotspu.rs and link them :)

•••

- Sit.com ('sitcom' - also, of course a dictionary word LLL.com).

Sit dot com is probably the best domain I have seen on NP :)

•••
Domain hack is a trend and will go on be a trend

I have one: ex.imio.us

•••
Has anyone ever registered a .ge domain name? I am curious how to do that and how much it costs. SafeNames has this at $155 but maybe someone knows more.

•••
101domain offers .ge registration at $79/yr.
As far as I know they have restrictions, you'd better read their rules before regging domains.

Good luck

•••
ive just recently regged a couple, some feedback would be appreciated :)

xdoma.in (sub domain potential - se.xdoma.in, ta.xdoma.in, xx.xdoma.in etc)
hostdoma.in (in google keywords host domain has med comp 201k local and $6.22 cpc)

•••

hostdoma.in (in google keywords host domain has med comp 201k local and $6.22 cpc)

IMO, I'd ask for refund for both names. Hostdoma.in might have some value but it doesn't worth the time.

Good luck

•••

The issue with your names is they're not pure hacks, since they also have prefixes. My only hack is MyrtleBea.ch and, though I like it and it's a very popular place, I'm still concerned with the fact it's a 2-worder.

•••
Just grabbed westh.am to go with my fulh.am and tottenh.am :)

•••
What you guys think of this lot?

SewingCabiNET
ToolCabiNET
WallCabiNET
WarbonNET

I used to run successful amazon stores prior to panda/penguin on 3 of them (especially toolcabi dot net was doing real good with rankings for the right terms, not "tool cabi" hehe) but now the sites have tanked and I took them down so I have no more real use for them myself and it's time to resell, what you think is the "domain-only" value, if any? I usually don't like 2 worder hacks but I find them kinda cool since it's dot net and not some unknown extension but I can't put a price on that...

Last edited:
•••
but I find them kinda cool since it's dot net and not some unknown extension...

I agree with you.

The .Net extension is strong and credible. Also, .Nets can be transferred to almost any registrar, and carries a very low renewal rate.

This is quite the opposite for unknown cctlds which tend to be very expensive to renew, carry restrictions, and cannot be transferred to any registrar.

Though, single word .Net hacks are not available, it is quite understandable why this is the case. They may not be available to purchase, some are being used by end-users and sometimes not as hacks.

Personally, .Net was my focus for all my hacks.

e.g. SaveThePlanet (taken in many extensions)

I prefer .Net hacks, just because of it's low cost to renew and it's reputable status... this is not the same with other unknown extensions used for domain hacks.

•••
101domain offers .ge registration at $79/yr.
As far as I know they have restrictions, you'd better read their rules before regging domains.

Good luck

Thx but I don't touch that site. I know about the restrictions, that can be avoided with a trustee. Still it costs a lot to register a .ge domain but if someone knows more I'd appreciate it.

•••
What you guys think of this lot?

SewingCabiNET
ToolCabiNET
WallCabiNET
WarbonNET

Honestly, I think they are really bad names. 2 word hacks don't work well & those are not strong terms at all.

•••
I have some 2 word domain hack I've registered today. Domain is namesto.re. So what are you think about this domain?

•••
i have worldne.ws it works fine as a two word site

•••
Just bought namesto.re & sublim.it.

Could you send some reviews? Thanks :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back