IT.COM

VJ2.com - Viewtiful Joe 2

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I got the domain through a drop when I wanted a three-char domain.. (I also got W98.net {sold for $40 value} and H8X.com in the same batch)
I was thinking "VJ" = "Video Jockey" (MTV)

On searching, though, VJ2 is the standard acronym for the Capcom Video Game coming out in October for the Christmas Season...

So I've emailed Capcom... But I'm not sure what I should do..

I can't just go making a site about the game unless they give me permission...

I removed the asking price and reserve from the listing at Afternic because I'm not sure what it's worth.

But right now, all it's going to do is sit at Afternic for the Christmas Season unless I do something.

But what CAN I do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sell it to me for cheap.

•••
sell it or create a website that is not related to that topic.
Id change the whois slightly so if they want to contact you its only by email.

•••
I wouldn't worry, so its a video game that hasn't even come out yet. who cares.

•••
you can alsways donate it to the Adsenseguy......LOL

•••
if i had it, i would promote it as an adult site called Virtual Janet and sell it for 300$. :)

•••
Until (if) they contact you... I would just leave it on sale at afternic.

•••
i would keep it till the game comes out then sell it.

•••
keep it til the game comes out - it will have a much higher value then.

in the meantime, change the whois info so they can only contact u by email. dont reply to the emails... if they decide to sue u they will use the emails that u send as evidence against u.

•••
develop it and get some nice traffic going, then sell it. If it was registered originally before the acronym was copyrighted then you are out of trouble.

•••
You can develope it anyway that you want it's so general I think you will be fine.

•••
What? like PS2?

Originally posted by xclusive
You can develope it anyway that you want it's so general I think you will be fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back