Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most domains do not get indexed by Google, they get included in the index, but usually only the first page. Google figured out the domain is a parked domain and they stop there.

Donny

•••
So Donny...I guess my question is this. Do you or others have searchers find your parked sites by typing in the exact match...or spaces between your exact words of your domain on google? That is with out the dot com attached.

•••
Sure it happens, but not very often. Domain Parking is no longer about how good your SEO is.

Donny

•••
Thanks for the reply Donny. What do you think the key to a good domain for parking is? Most of my domains are just generic keywords that are related to products, services and technology....with few backlinks. Is my only chance of getting traffic mostly random type ins? Just wondering what you and others might be doing to help increase traffic in any way...or is it possible without breaking rules?

•••
Minisites?

Would it be better to develop a domain name into a mini wordpress site and post relevant content to it once or twice a day?

•••
That wouldn't be domain parking would it Agame? I tried it on domainapps with little luck. Their mini sites looked fairly good...but google never indexed any them either and yahoo was ad provider.

•••
That wouldn't be domain parking would it Agame? I tried it on domainapps with little luck. Their mini sites looked fairly good...but google never indexed any them either and yahoo was ad provider.

I guess not. So they wont index mini sites either. Thanks for the reply.

•••
I guess not. So they wont index mini sites either. Thanks for the reply.

They did at first. I even loaded youtube videos. At first google took the video information and had relevant search listings...based on that content. Then they stopped indexing them at all. I'm sure it had something to do with domainapps being a parking site and maybe yahoo ads.

Using google's adsense directly on mini sites I'm sure would get the sites indexed..if original content is updated. But...that's a lot of work to do for several hundred domains. I'm hoping the parking shortcut will work out...but so far it's fairly slow. My click thru rate is good....but I just don't get much traffic from typeins.

•••
Donny
I applied to Voodoo, please look into my application.
Usename: deathstroke

•••
I finally got a $100 payment last month.
I have a question for you guys. Do you actually get your parked domains indexed by google? I have yet to see one of my several hundred parked domains indexed. If I type the entire domain with the dot com attached...it will have a link listed to my name. I don't really consider that indexed, because nobody searches like that. It seems what little traffic I have is all type ins. Thanks

The likelihood of getting any traffic from the SE's is very little for parked domains, unless the domain has some high ranking backlinks from when it was a website.

When you enter "site:domain.com" in the search box, if your name appears in the results, then it is indexed.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Would it be better to develop a domain name into a mini wordpress site and post relevant content to it once or twice a day?

It could be if the keywords had high CPC and low competition -

Normally 5 pages of well written content with well chosen keywords and some backlinks to high PR sites, could make your site earn much more money than if it was parked, These types of sites are normally used for promoting CPA offers and for affiliate programs.

The advantage of doing it as above would be that you could use paid traffic i.e. PPC/PPV traffic - if it's done properly, it could earn you some serious dosh as some IM's are earning it currently.

•••
As for backlinks being important in getting traffic, you would think that high ranking websites would audit and remove backlinks to many of those parked pages, especially with recent search engine revelations.

•••
Thanks for the reply Donny. What do you think the key to a good domain for parking is? Most of my domains are just generic keywords that are related to products, services and technology....with few backlinks. Is my only chance of getting traffic mostly random type ins? Just wondering what you and others might be doing to help increase traffic in any way...or is it possible without breaking rules?

Park them with Bodis. Add backlinks (good ones of course). Park them back at Voodoo.

•••
stub - Does Matt do some magic that I'm not aware of? :)

Donny

•••
They did at first. I even loaded youtube videos. At first google took the video information and had relevant search listings...based on that content. Then they stopped indexing them at all. I'm sure it had something to do with domainapps being a parking site and maybe yahoo ads.

Using google's adsense directly on mini sites I'm sure would get the sites indexed..if original content is updated. But...that's a lot of work to do for several hundred domains. I'm hoping the parking shortcut will work out...but so far it's fairly slow. My click thru rate is good....but I just don't get much traffic from typeins.

I agree, with hundreds of domains it would be a full-time job and a half!

•••
Thanks for all of the tips guys.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

The likelihood of getting any traffic from the SE's is very little for parked domains, unless the domain has some high ranking backlinks from when it was a website.

When you enter "site:domain.com" in the search box, if your name appears in the results, then it is indexed.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

ibidu....every domain of mine with voodoo I checked shows up as indexed. I assume they just don't post the site's links on their search pages. Thanks

•••
Hi Donny

When someone makes an inquiry using the link in parked page, we receive an email with the offer. I've seen that this email send us to https://secure.voodoo.com/dashboard/sales/inquiries, where there are all the inquiries received in a single place.

I'm missing something or there's not a direct link from Voodoo's menu to this page?

Also, it would be a good idea to alert visitors that inquiries are only to make offers, in order to avoid messages like this:

"Sylvia this is your cousin bubble from Cleveland. My sister JoAnn is trying to work on our family tree and would like for you to call her at 216 xxx xxxx."

(just kidding) :)

Last edited:
•••
Primerlloc- When our full sales system is available we will have links to everything. This was just a trial run that is gone on for a little longer than I expected. :)

Donny

•••

Donny

Sorry. I thought it was against your ToS to add backlinks to parked domains. I admit I haven't read your ToS recently, but I thought adding backlinks whilst parking at Voodoo was forbidden.

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 AM ----------

I'm hoping the parking shortcut will work out...but so far it's fairly slow. My click thru rate is good....but I just don't get much traffic from typeins.

There isn't much you can do to add visitors other than adding relevant backlinks. They must be relevant and targeted, or you might find your CTR & CPC might reduce at the least. In the worst case scenario is your domain might get banned by Google.

I wouldn't change the automatic keywords Voodoo/Google set for your domains. Automatic works best in most cases.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Primerlloc- When our full sales system is available we will have links to everything. This was just a trial run that is gone on for a little longer than I expected. :)

Donny

Is there an ETA planned yet?

•••

Donny

Sorry. I thought it was against your ToS to add backlinks to parked domains. I admit I haven't read your ToS recently, but I thought adding backlinks whilst parking at Voodoo was forbidden.

I was also under this impression? Please let us know if it's not the case. This could be a game changer for voodoo.com. :)

•••
Voodoo looks good and i think i will apply today, Donny seems like a very helpful person and the rpc looks better than other companies so ive heard from people.

I will check it out myself :)

Ive tried parklogic and currently on bodis now

applied with username:domainparking12 (donny can you have a look please) I am pretty sure my domains will do well here.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Has it been a little slow logging in last couple of days for anybody else? Other sites are loading just fine.

Waiting for secure.voodoo.com for the last minute +

•••
Has it been a little slow logging in last couple of days for anybody else? Other sites are loading just fine.

Waiting for secure.voodoo.com for the last minute +

Me too.

•••
I'm at an airport right now, but I'm having no problems evrn logging in from my phone.

donny

•••
I been logging in and out throughout the day on a pc, and it works fine for me.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back