IT.COM

Vote for fellow NPer in Verisign domain contest!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey everyone!

Long-time member spikedo here...and I need your help! I've made it to the final round of Verisign's #InternetOfficial Contest. My contest entry is WarmEscapes.com which I believe is the most descriptive, memorable, and original domain among the 12 finalists. I would be very appreciative if you voted for WarmEscapes.com as it will help me win a cash prize. The link to watch my short video and vote is below. It takes less than 2 minutes. You can vote once per day.Thank you so much!

https://verisign.promo.eprize.com/domain/?entry_id=4130

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Voting still going on through June 27. Many thanks to those who voted for me!

•••
If they were giving away a free stuff panda bear I would blindly vote. But 30k lol

Mis-Chiff from Canada so I know she would like WarmEscapes.com

2vs3.gif

BridesWithABudget.com LOL whats this? Women buying a man?
cancersniff.com Why this in this list?
chooseyourtattoo.com Contender
electricmotorcycleclub.com Dude use the Dot Club
kidscookdinner.com They should also reg Parentsgetstomachache.com
LastSecondFlights.com Hope the baggage makes it too
perfecthairstylist.com I dont care how hot the stylist is, just want my hair to look good
secretsnitch.com Not bad, tell on others site. Logo would be awesome
SeniorBride.com Better have a budget too
soldiersonly.com I like the org better
StressDetector.com Nice
WarmEscapes.com In the running

Good Luck

I know if NP had 30k to give away to members the list would be better than this.
Love the review...

Please explain to me,how the two posting below are not "thread crashing" and that is there is no "influential power/celebrity endorsement" being used to influence the voting? @Domain Shane @Eric Lyon ??
Mike Sallese is another young domainer that some of you met at Namecon. He has lastsecondflights.com as well. Just saying their are a few peers and pretty good guys among the entrants.

LastSecondFlights.com :)

voted

•••
Please explain to me,how the two posting below are not "thread crashing" and that is there is no "influential power/celebrity endorsement" being used to influence the voting? @Domain Shane @Eric Lyon ??

voted

No offence to them but I don't think either counts as an influential power/celebrity :)

The fact that a domainer would win it makes a mockery of the whole idea anyway - "still deciding whether to get the .com domain name for the business idea you’ve been cooking up? Make it #InternetOfficial" and that's why I won't vote for any of them.

The amusing thing to me is that in the video he says "ESCAPE THE COLD" which is actually a better name and already registered! Warm Escapes sounds like something that Gwyneth Paltrow would enjoy. So if I were in the market you just got someone else a potential sale, imho. Lesson 1 of branding yourself is not to direct them to better alternatives, imho (some may argue it's not better but I would disagree, and so would most people in the Northern states)

But for those that care you can vote for OP every day if you want to help him..

I think SeniorBride.com is the most direct and accessible name and would be where I voted..

*I haven't voted for any and don't know the owners of any and am not affiliated or endorsing any. I hope the OP wins and I hope the best name wins. $30K is a nice reward.

•••
The beauty of WarmEscapes.com is that you know exactly what you are going to find when you type it into your browser: a site about warm-weather destinations. "Escape the Cold" doesn't work well as a business name because you don't know to what it refers. Rather, I use it effectively in the video as a slogan because I believe so many people can relate as the last few winters have been so bitter cold.

Everyone has their opinions on which domain is best and that's good. :) It's kinda like ice cream. There's more flavors than just vanilla and chocolate.

I like WarmEscapes.com because it is original, versatile and memorable. That's why I registered it. Making the video was actually kind of fun. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.

•••
•••
@briguy - My post was not a vote or endorsement of any kind.

Shane made a mistake when he first posted. If you read the message that I quoted, you'll see that he originally wrote lastminuteflights.com, and I was letting him know the correct domain name is LastSecondFlights.com.

•••
@briguy - My post was not a vote or endorsement of any kind.

Shane made a mistake when he first posted. If you read the message that I quoted, you'll see that he originally wrote lastminuteflights.com, and I was letting him know the correct domain name is LastSecondFlights.com.
Thanks for clarifying that! I apologize for interrupting your honeymoon

•••
My apologies for "crashing the thread" I saw the thread, it made me think of a friend who was also in it and I put up my post. It was by no means meant to hurt the OP. And my "celebrity" power is not nearly as powerful as you think it is :) Again, my apologies

•••
Getting back to the original post, I've been a member of the NamePros since 2003 and this community really has helped me grow as a domainer. I believe that my domain WarmEscapes.com is the best candidate to win the grand prize! And I hope you do as well. Click on the link below to take a look at my 90-second video and vote. This is the last week to vote and you can vote only once per day.

•••
Voted an hr ago or so. good luck

•••
Last week to vote! I really appreciate everyone's support.

•••
Three days left. If you haven't yet, check out my 90-second video about my domain name submission. You can vote at the end. If you've voted previously, you can do it again! You are allowed one vote per day. The response from the NP community has been fantastic! Please vote for WarmEscapes.com.

•••
Just checking in. I was really proud of the video I made using a whiteboard animator program. If you have 90-seconds, check it out via the link in my sig. If you like WarmEscapes.com, please vote at the end of the video. The contest ends on Saturday.

•••
If you win I hope you buy a namepros supporter or business account badge for a few years lol

•••
Great suggestion Johname! Contest ends Saturday and I'm hoping I can get some more votes from my friends and colleagues here at NP. Vote for WarmEscapes.com using the link below. You can vote once per day. Thanks for all your support!

•••
*** LAST DAY TO VOTE ***

To NP Members,

Thank you all for your kind support and votes for WarmEscapes.com. This community is simply the best! It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me. But the end has come: Today is the last day to vote. If you haven't voted yet, please take the opportunity to do so sometime before midnight. All you need to do is click the link, watch the 90-second video and vote for WarmEscapes.com with your e-mail. I should know something by next week.

•••
Well, the short of it is ... WarmEscapes.com didn't win the contest. The Grand Prize winner was KidsCookDinner.com, which was IMO a terrible choice. If Verisign wants to court one off registrations, then this was the way to go. But their real money is in solid mainstream businesses who spend $$$ to register multiple domains and keep the dot com alive and well. The video for KidsCookDinner.com was also quite annoying.

Still, it was worth it to enter. As a semi-finalist, I did win five grand for a reg fee domain at GoDaddy. Nice profit on that! But my real point of this post was to thank the NamePros.com community. I've always felt that this was the best community and you guys (and gals) really helped me out with the voting. So in closing I would like to thank everyone who voted for WarmEscapes.com in the contest (many of you voted multiple times). Keep on domaining!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back