Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
I strongly urge any of you going into business with Dejan Lesicar (NamePros member @venturefile.com and owner of sites like sexydress.us) to be very cautious. He is about to cost our company Brandroot a lot of stress and money as we pursue serious legal action against him.

In short the details are as follows:

4/08/2014 - Dejan creates a Brandroot account
5/09/2014 - Wuvo.com is accepted and listed for sale at a price of $6750
09/29/2014 - Dejan requests that Wuvo.com be removed from Brandroot because "The name was accepted to an auction event."
10/14/2014 - Brandroot receives a $3,000 offer for wuvo.com
10/14/2104 - Dejan rejects and reminds us that he removed his name

We then remind him of his contractual obligation of keeping Wuvo exclusive to Brandroot for a period of 30 days following the request of removal.

10/15/2014 - In the interested buyer impatience he raises his offer to $4500.

Dejan is intrigued and writes, "Thank you for the update. That is a decent offer and I will seriously consider it." For several days Dejan is unresponsive, ignoring several of our emails.

10/22/2014 - In a matter of minutes of informing Dejan that he is no longer welcome to sell at Brandroot and that Wuvo.com will be removed, Wuvo.com sells at full price for $6750.

10/22/214 - Dejan decides that he does not want to sell Wuvo at Brandroot and that my email stating that his name was removed ended his contractual obligation with Brandroot (which the email in no way stated).

Our financial loss due to Dejan's unprofessionalism is not the concern. Brandroot is now left with one very unhappy customer threatening us with litigation. We have informed Dejan that we will stop at nothing, "making this venture of [his] a lot more expensive and stressful than [he] thought possible."

You've been warned. Dejan Lesicar is very capable of leaving you in one sticky situation if you enter into business with him.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry, but he's right: you have no way of taking winning legal action. Your contract had a few holes, and the seller cannot legally be held accountable for your errors.This is not my opinion but rather, it is the way law works. You have 0% chance of winning a lawsuit. The only thing you can do is draft a better ToS and have all current BR users agree to it. This is law--Google it if you think I'm even slightly wrong

Hey Mr. Lawyer, nice of you to join us. What other free legal advice can you provide for me?

•••
lol why exactly do you think that? I have no interest in closing this thread.

I did not even know BrandRoot existed until now. This may have something to do with my general disdain for brandable domains. Please do not interpret this as an attempt to dismiss your business. This is just my first experience with your brand. Do you think that slinging insults at fellow domainers makes me want to signup with your website? Hell no.

You may think that NamePros makes up a fraction of your customer base but you are forgetting how the support of this forum could multiply your revenue. This is such a small niche and in the matter of hours you have ruined your reputation on one of the largest domaining forums. Does this seem like a smart business tactic to you?

I think you have forgotten that your business requires a steady stream of quality domains. Without that stream, you cannot make any sales. With those sales, there is no income. Without any income, there is no business. I know this is a fallacious argument but I think it still makes my point clear. You NEED our support.

•••
I tried explaining that on page one but he doesn't have a clue.

•••
In honour of this thread i have changed my signature for the day

"Ned Flanders called me a Negative Nelly" .... but i said "No way man, i'm a NamePros Nancy and I always will be"

Last edited:
•••
Exactly. I'm also not trying to be mean or whatnot. I'm merely hoping we'll see more professionalism.He's doing BR no favors

I did not even know BrandRoot existed until now. This may have something to do with my general disdain for brandable domains. Please do not interpret this as an attempt to dismiss your business. This is just my first experience with your brand. Do you think that slinging insults at fellow domainers makes me want to signup with your website? Hell no.

You may think that NamePros makes up a fraction of your customer base but you are forgetting how the support of this forum could multiply your revenue. This is such a small niche and in the matter of hours you have ruined your reputation on one of the largest domaining forums. Does this seem like a smart business tactic to you?

I think you have forgotten that your business requires a steady stream of quality domains. Without that stream, you cannot make any sales. With those sales, there is no income. Without any income, there is no business. I know this is a fallacious argument but I think it still makes my point clear. You NEED our support.

•••
Ok

Last edited:
•••
LMAO.....and the hits just keep on coming......Epic

•••
Hey Mr. Lawyer, nice of you to join us. What other free legal advice can you provide for me?

I would start with suggesting that you never publicly discuss anything relating to any potential legal action of which you may be a part.

•••
...that's what most existing domainers here are saying right now. You really aren't proficient (or would you prefer "good"?) with your wording.

But I think ppl are overstating everything, thus this thread is pretty much pointless to continue We'll just see what happens. As always, good luck with BR & hopefully, this thread doesn't hurt as much as everyone here seems to think it will.

Oh boy. I'm sorry but I no longer have the time to entertain you guys. Let's watch Brandroot fail at the hands of NamePro's members... said no existing domain marketplace in history.

•••
yep it's time to cut your losses and walk away, amazing how it can escalate into a battle with all the namepros nancy's , thank god that quote will stay on the internet forever !

•••
Sorry, but he's right: you have no way of taking winning legal action. Your contract had a few holes, and the seller cannot legally be held accountable for your errors.This is not my opinion but rather, it is the way law works. You have 0% chance of winning a lawsuit. The only thing you can do is draft a better ToS and have all current BR users agree to it. This is law--Google it if you think I'm even slightly wrong

I'm not sure it would make any difference if the TOS was perfect since the seller in question lives in Slovenia. What is the likelihood that it makes financial sense to pursue legal action against someone in Slovenia over $2k?

•••
That's a good point. In all honesty, I don't see how damaging your company's rep over $2k makes financial sense, either. I guess we'll just have to see how everything plays out

I'm not sure it would make any difference if the TOS was perfect since the seller in question lives in Slovenia. What is the likelihood that it makes financial sense to pursue legal action against someone in Slovenia over $2k?

•••
Oh boy. I'm sorry but I no longer have the time to entertain you guys. Let's watch Brandroot fail at the hands of NamePro's members... said no existing domain marketplace in history.

sounds like a challenge

•••
You just have an issue with an individual DEJAN. What is the point to start thread as Warning against a NamePros member...

You can just put his name "DEJAN" instead of "Namepros Member."

These posts shows how much you hate Namepros and Namepros Members.

I didn't expect anything less from the Nancy's at NamePros. The overall sentiment is for this swindling domain owner Dejan, which was very much expected at this forum, and not for the individual who put out almost 7k for a domain and now has lost any chance of getting it.

Put yourself in the buyers shoes, you buy a 4 letter domain name and begin a trademark process then you hear from the marketplace you purchased from that the domain was not actually for sale. What would your response be? I challenge any of you naysayers to open a domain marketplace that can remain sustainable without such polices in place to protect the buyer. As I've said before, the ones who are against these measures in place to protect the buyer are not welcome at Brandroot anyway. If you find it's professional to list a domain for sale then retract that domain once it has been sold, you're in a league of your own.

Nancy's at NamePros

I have news for you, the users at NamePros are not our only customer base. And the ones ranting in this thread certainly aren't our prime sellers.

the users at NamePros are not our only customer base

Let's watch Brandroot fail at the hands of NamePro's members

•••
Thread of the Year qualifier

Last edited:
•••
What about a brandable market place here, where for the domain to be accepted it has to receive whatever votes from high rank members. Maybe it would make better choices on which name to accept and it would be more respected because it would be based on the opinion of many experienced dominers.
Well, I may just said something silly, what do I know about domaining anyway,
the most exciting thread i've seen in a while.

•••
I was wondering why this guy would be acting like this and then I found his "One Sexy Man" video on Youtube. Now I know why. He's full of himself. LMAO Watch the video fast because he will probably disable it faster.

•••
I watched 35 seconds of it and ugh... narcissism is a terrible quality to have...

I was wondering why this guy would be acting like this and then I found his "One Sexy Man" video on Youtube. Now I know why. He's full of himself. LMAO Watch the video fast because he will probably disable it faster.

•••

Epic share!!:laugh::P:xf.grin:

•••
•••
come on guys, give michael a break.
That is clearly a stupid video he did to show his editing and effects.
I can't believe nobody would do that and believe it....

•••
Australian slang for Spew is Chunder ..... that video makes me want to (insert word here) LOL

•••
WOW. I can't believe the video i've just seen haha

•••
lol The vid is just a joke, I'm pretty sure. It's not to be taken seriously

•••
Can crowd funding be used to litigate against former customers of Brandroot ??
~
Just trying help with the upcoming legal bills

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back