Dynadot

WARNING - Do no do business with 'superbowldotcom'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This is a warning to all my fellow NP'ers about a non-paying member who is also a cheat and a liar.

Lee Hart (aka 'superbowldotcom') posted this request back on the 12th March http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=74802 asking for somebody to help install a directory script on his domain denaspantyraid.com (nice name btw Lee!). Now installaing scripts etc is not my main line of business and something that I do more to help people out. On many occassions I have simply talked to people on MSN/ICQ and walked them through how to do something but in this case Lee was inistent that I do it and he offered to pay $50.

The script I suggested was CPLinks (www.cplinks.com) which is a free script that generates static html pages so it's great for the search engines. It's also a script I've installed maybe 40-50 times over the years.

I installed it vey quickly as it's actually a very easy install as anybody who's ever done it will agree. I even found a hack for him that would make it easier to change the templates as he seemed worried about that.

Well after I'd done it I checked with him that it was ok and he verified it was (I have the complete log files of all our chats, PM's and emails to prove anything I'm saying here). About a day later I noticed that he'd added some link and was obviously testing it out. Still had the default look but I figured he'd get round to changing it eventually. Next time I checked which was about 4-5 days later he'd removed all the links and started to put up odd looking links that seemed to make no sense and he'd obviously started to modify the templates becasue it was screwed and was running off to the right of the screen causing one to scroll horizontally. In short it looked awful.

Here's a portion of the frist chat with Lee after I'd installed it where he's asking for some time to pay me the $50 (this should have been my first warning of what was about to happen).

SteveF: you need to move it to your local machine, then unzip it
Leeroy: ok
Leeroy: do i need to out the unziped file back in or not
SteveF: dont' follow you?
Leeroy: the thing i have just unziped
Leeroy: custom_pages.zip
Leeroy: or just to read the read me
SteveF: you'll need to unzip the whole thing then read the readme.txt, upload the couple of files that are in there and follow the instructions.
Leeroy: ok cheers
SteveF: np
SteveF: You all set now Lee? It's getting kind of late over here and I'll be off to bed soon.
Leeroy: Yeah thanks mate shoule be ok
Leeroy: ill get the money to you wednesday
Leeroy: thanks
SteveF: ok, good luck and if you need me just leave a message ;)

Well to cut a long story short, Wednesday came and went. I tried to contact him via MSN and email for a few days to see if there was something wrong. He didn't reply. Finally after IM's, PM's and a few emails he responded saying he was sorry and would get the cash to me that day. Again no payment was forthcoming. I tried again to get hold of him and finally, after almost 3 weeks of no payment, had to resort to warning him that if he did not pay me the money for the work I had done as agreed I would have to report him to RJ and post a warning.

He came back to me very quickly saying that he was very 'bizzzzzy' (sic) and that I was not the most important thing on his mind and he would pay me when he damn well pleased. That's about the time I involved RJ in this matter.

This is where the story turns laughable. After weeks of promises etc he turns round and tells me that he's NOT paying me! And his reason? Becaue I did a terrible job and the script had numerous errors and caused him to take down his site. Not once in 3 weeks did he ever mention anything about these so-called 'problems'. Why? Because they didn't exist that's why.

This is getting way too long now and if Lee would like to respond I'll have plenty more to say for sure.

[/insult removed]

Thanks for your time.

Steve Fleming (aka LuxInterior)

PS: He's trying to get another sucker in this thread at the moment: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=79504
PPS: You may want to consider putting your real contact details in the whois records for your domain name (http://www.whois.sc/denaspantyraid.com) as it's an offence to do otherwise.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
armstrong said:
after a final deliberation among NP staff, it has been unanimously decided that superbowldotcom is to be permanently banned, for the following reasons:

- as documented in this thread, his failure to pay for contracted work after repeated promises to do so; finally about two weeks after the project, he copped out of payment by claiming for the first time that there were problems with the install; no proof of the problems were presented
- superbowldotcom is actually previously-banned member Leeroy. He is also the kid brother of Ethan103, who was likewise banned for shady deals and close association with other banned members Busedo and JFreeden.

Case closed. Sayonara, superbowldotcom.

The news about him already being banned under another name (and association with other shady characters) pushed this scenario over the edge IMHO. He was lucky to still be around in the first place, but instead of counting his blessings and changing his ways, he continued down the same road. Well, there is no longer an exit on that road for NamePros.com, and ultimately that same road will lead him to a dead end.

Good decision (and tremendous patience) shown by the NP staff.

•••
hmmm...i thought this thread was closed!...good job mods....perhaps there should be warning to others by the mods as he posted some job offers on Namepros

•••
Good job, armstrong
I agree. Armstrong, did all of the detective work, and connected it all together. :kickass: Good work Armstrong!

•••
Lest we not forget the original thread starter, clearly wronged by a member of our community....

Hey Lux, if your interested, i got some work coming up in next 3 or 4 weeks that you might be interested in....

This isnt sympathy, ive actually heard your darn good.... And btw, you will be paid... :)

:great:

•••
Badger said:
Lest we not forget the original thread starter, clearly wronged by a member of our community....

Hey Lux, if your interested, i got some work coming up in next 3 or 4 weeks that you might be interested in....

This isnt sympathy, ive actually heard your darn good.... And btw, you will be paid... :)

:great:

Hi Badger - Well thanks for that! Also I wanted to say thanks to some of the other NP'ers that voiced there opinions. Thanks guys!

And thanks too for the offer of work. I'll drop you a PM with my contact information and we can discuss your needs and how I can help you.

Without wishing to sound like I'm gloating, because I'm really not, I'm just glad this has turned out the way it has and that we are rid of people with the questionable 'business' practices of this guy. Maybe other people will think twice about 'hiring' somebody to do a job for them and then decide they just don't feel like paying.

Thanks!!

Lux

•••
Glad to hear, your a good guy LUX we don't need scammers here.

•••
equity78 said:
Glad to hear, your a good guy LUX we don't need scammers here.

:red: ah schuks!

Thanks

Lux

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back