IT.COM

Warning* to eNom ETPs and Resellers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yesterday I had two reseller accounts created from an IP in Vietnam. One of the contact addresses was in PA and the other TX. I did a 411.com on the address and phone numbers and they matched. Called the people and neither even knew what eNom was until I told them. Total credit card funds deposited -- $480. eNom stopped the charges and the one guy called me back and thanked me because he had other recent charges that were not his.

- Moral of the story - Be vigilent because it looks like credit card thieves may be looking for easy pray on those of us who offer instant eNom accounts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
really need careful with this issue,thx.that' why i don't use autosignup reseller scripts

•••
Re: *warning* to eNom ETPs and Resellers

Originally posted by acts837
Yesterday I had two reseller accounts created from an IP in Vietnam. One of the contact addresses was in PA and the other TX. I did a 411.com on the address and phone numbers and they matched. Called the people and neither even knew what eNom was until I told them. Total credit card funds deposited -- $480. eNom stopped the charges and the one guy called me back and thanked me because he had other recent charges that were not his.

- Moral of the story - Be vigilent because it looks like credit card thieves may be looking for easy pray on those of us who offer instant eNom accounts.

The minute someone does one chargeback tell all your customers and resellers to kiss the domains good bye until you pay enom a fat fee plus the chargeback amount.

•••
Re: Re: *warning* to eNom ETPs and Resellers

Originally posted by NH-Benjamin
The minute someone does one chargeback tell all your customers and resellers to kiss the domains good bye until you pay enom a fat fee plus the chargeback amount.

That is not true. Care to back that up with some proof?

•••
Thanks for the warning acts837, I really appreciate it.

•••
I called eNom Fraud Credit and had a nice little chat. After I provided all the facts (ip, emails, etc) it was determined that this same person has targeted other eNom resellers as well. The crook uses fraudulent Paypal accounts to pay. From what we could determine it looks like the person used resellers that he found on one of the popular forums.

•••
I called eNom Fraud Credit and had a nice little chat. After I provided all the facts (ip, emails, etc) it was determined that this same person has targeted other eNom resellers as well. The crook uses fraudulent Paypal accounts to pay. From what we could determine it looks like the person used resellers that he found on one of the popular forums.

Have you posted this warning in the other forums?

Just a thought, is this somehow connected to cnson's
plight from WHT?

•••
Re: Re: Re: *warning* to eNom ETPs and Resellers

That is not true. Care to back that up with some proof?

Read WHT forums? *shrugs* its there policy to freeze accounts that have chargebacks.

•••
Re: Re: Re: Re: *warning* to eNom ETPs and Resellers

Read WHT forums? *shrugs* its there policy to freeze accounts that have chargebacks.

That's the policy w/ most if not all registrars, too.

One can't be too careful w/ chargebacks, nowadays...

•••
•••
Re: Re: Re: Re: *warning* to eNom ETPs and Resellers

I have read a few of the posts on WHT. I myself always like calling or emailing to get confirmation of policies vice rumors (that would be another reason why I didn't stay with Directi). Sure, the account that uses a fraudulent cc or does a chargeback will in all probability get frozen. That doesn't mean if one of my resellers does a chargeback that my ETP account (to include subs) will get frozen.

•••
Thanks for letting us know

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back