IT.COM

Web 5.0 Discussion Thread.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
So, just saw this on twitter. Feel free to drop your opinions.

Screenshot_20220611_033148.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
web5proof.com

Last edited:
•••
The vast majority of domain trends end the same way -

1.) There is some news.
2.) Domainers, but mainly noobs register a bunch of low quality domains.
3.) It is hyped up as the greatest thing ever.
4.) Very few sales are made.
5.) People move on to the next trend.

I will look forward to all the big Web5 sales. I won't be holding my breath though.

Brad
Truth is, that you do not argue based on content.

You solely argue: 1) hype 2) buzz-word 3) sell out

How many industries out there were born out of hype??

But: It' s not just hype.

There is a fundamental difference between web3 and web5:

Web3 covers ALL coins, alt-coins, shit-coins, AND btc.

Web5 only covers bitcoin.

I think I have explained, why btc is the only real decentralized crypto out there.

This is why it makes so much sense to use btc for a decentralized network.
And not doge coin.

If the other coins would a) work like btc - Proof of Work instead Proof of Stake - and b) would have the same big audience, they may would be as dec'd as btc, but they are clearly not.

It does not matter what we say here in a domain forum!

We know sh#t about the tech behind it; I just informed myself with various different ressources.

If there is some content /real tech argument you can bring here, I think it's appreciated.

However, just saying it's "stupid hype" is not enough, sorry.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
and just btw:
It is a non profit / not governd / no VC layer upon another non profit / not governd / no VC basis.

The basis is btc, which is decentralized and not overtakeable.
Look at the story of btc cash, where major players wanted to change the way btc works - and could not achieve it, as the community didn't want to.
(it's "immutable")

The layer is web5, which is also not governd and free to access without any restrictions.

That's actually the perfect setup, and users who are fans of either bitcoin or decentralization should be very thankful about it.

However, yes, atm it is a niche.
We don't know yet how big it might get.

•••
let me guess... u never heard of an opinion or sharing one.. whose problem is that huh

let me guess...do you have problems in business or personal life ?

if you can no longer play with domaining, let others do it...

•••
Btc is not a currency but an investment class digital commodity. It's not a utility coin either. You talk about its technology but it's lacking, which is why they built the lightening network. The tps is not sustainable for global adaption.

Btc is not web 5, because web 5 is not a standard but a project that uses Btc. You will delude your self because you invested in this niche. Please don't go MIA when it comes time to renew this stuff. I would kindly ask that you share any sales you've made and how many drops you made.
you are wrong.

there is NO other "project", as you call it, that tries to build a web network on top of btc (lightning).
web5 is the only one; hence web5 IS btc.

(Yes, they build lightning network because the btc network is not ment to handle many small transactions.)

Atm projects are being build using the open source tech from tbd.website, so OF COURSE there cannot be any sales ETC!

Don't act as if you dont understand this.

You bet against it,
I bet for it.

We'll see who will be the lucky winner.

Btw: If you are against it, please feel free to name here your favorite coin/project for a decentralized internet.

Will it be based on ethereum, or cardano...?

Please name it, and tell us why.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
web5estate.com
web5realty.com

•••
NFTWeb5//com
Web5Tek//com
Web5Tec//com
Web5Gold//com
Web5Oasis//com
Web5Smart//com
Web5Gram//com
Web5Lands//com
Web5Ocean//com
Web5Worlds//com
MetaverseWeb5//com

•••
Web5chains dot com

Web5blocks dot com

•••
•••
•••

there is better way.. dont buy any web5 domains.
Haha 🤣🤣 There is more better way, we can ignore this thread..

•••
Let's just stop this s#it.

web5 is fulfilling a very important niche; decentralized identity management, owning your own personal data
(leaving big tech out).

This is a honorable goal.

We don't know if this solution will be solved via blockchain & tokenization, or via so called web5.

However, lets not prejudice as it is the customer (user) in the end, who chooses.

If domainers like to contribute to this thread via new infos or domain sharing, that's great.

But discussing, what solution will be the final one, is just ridicolous at the moment.

•••
Web5Press(.)com
Web5Avatars(.)net

•••
Just for fun
🤗
iWeb5 . eu
eWeb5 . eu
iWeb5 . pro
iWeb5 . cc
iWeb5 . biz
iWeb5 . co
iWeb5 . us
iWeb5 . me
eWeb5 . pro
eWeb5 . cc
eWeb5 . info
eWeb5 . biz
eWeb5 . us
eWeb5 . co
eWeb5 . org​

•••
Lolllll. Didn't you lot learn from web3???? Web3 was about 5 days ago and now you lot are hoovering up web5 names.

Also XYZ sales have dried up as the crypto market has died...

Last edited:
•••
•••
hehe,
jealous?

now that some newcomers had the chance to buy good web5 domains,
but some old domainers were too late and missed out, I hear them crying ALL OVER this thread!

Reason why web5 is a very good idea:

BTC is the only real decentralized crypto currency.
If you knew about crypto, you would know that Proof of Stake - which ethereum and most others rely on - tends to become centralized over time.

BTC uses Proof of Work, which will never become centralized at all.

Despite that, eth for ex. is a Start-Up (which most people forget), and only a gremium of very few people decides about its direction.

For BTC however, NO one decides about its direction.
It's simply there and carried/served by its mining/liquidity/staking providers,
in a natural way.

That's why taking BTC for a extra decentralized platform, is the best choice out there.

Dorsey knew what he was doing, and he made the right decision.

Despite all that, the TBD project (web5) is an open source project.
You can see all its code, there are no VC interests behind it (as with all other crypto/token projects).
BTC is NOT decentralized crypto currency. Blockchain is decentralized!

•••
...and the second bit about willing it to succeed just cause you're finally early to a bandwagon?
I honestly don't care. I am probably a horrible human being I know :/

•••
I'm sorry it's just all waffle. The guy that invented the internet already invented a protocol for BYOD, it's called solid pods. Nothing to do with blockchains.
na man,
you know you are not right about this.

whatever...

Last edited:
•••
Reckon the people that bought them are ready to buy web5 ones now?
I would be focusing on Web5 development and domains in the finance area. Cash, money, credit, billing etc.

•••
Web3... Only 30 sales on namebio. Not many recent ones either. So we're basically just pretending it's a trend at this point.

Show attachment 217743
Yeah, there is a big difference between companies in the "Web 3" field and those using "Web 3" in their domains.

It if becomes popular, it then becomes redundant to use as a term.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back