IT.COM

poll .Website or .Site, which one is better?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.Website or .Site, which one is better?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Gian

Domain Search EngineEstablished Member
Impact
There are .Website and .Site gTLD's, both of them have a similar meaning.
I wonder if both of them compared, which one is better in your opinion?
Please vote!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Both are very bad extensions(in my opinion a little better than the total shitty extensions like .ooo and .xyz).
A domain means website (to most), so adding .website or .site is meaningless but out of the two I prefer the shortest.

•••
The question of .website vs .site reminds me of this episode of South Park (maybe NSFW):

•••
Both are really not very good IMO.

However, IF I had to choose one it would be .website.

If you had .site and you were telling someone verbally (phone/in-person/etc.) and tell them MyDomain.site, they might type in sight instead of site.

Both are really not worth much if anything unless you have some incredible keyword or something.

•••
.site looks better than .website but I'm not interested in new extensions like these.

•••
Between .website and .site - I would save my $$$ on .web

•••
I prefer extensions that add meaning, these are sort of redundant bar a few exceptions. People already know they are on the web looking at websites or a site.

job.site would be nice, builda.website would not be so bad, but outside of those types of names, I don't see much value here. None of these new gtlds are going to replace the .com. As a whole they likely will eat away at the .com, how much so remains to be seen.

I don't think you can put "greatkeywordshere.whatever" and have real value. The left and the right of the dot need to match.

I am going to pass on .website, .site and .web unless there is a killer combo that really makes sense.

•••
.site is shorter but .website more familiar word, I am not interested in both of them, but if I have to choose then I'll choose .website

•••
I stayed away from both, only few words that made sense were registry reserved.

•••
•••
these kind of similar extensions make ngtlds weak

•••
I like .site

way better than website imo

wouldn't buy regular price though.. but went for a few when it was $2 promo

hottest.site
nwo.site
occult.site
processor.site
ritual.site
satan.site
username.site
callers.site
currencies.site

hope it pays one day

good luck.

•••
•••
.site is better than .website

•••
.web is better than .site
and .net is better than .web

•••
.site can be used somethingWEB.SITE for promotion..

•••
I'd say .site is better IMHO...

•••
.SITE because I own Beat.site and Lead.site

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back