NameSilo

What do you guys think of this idea?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Okay, I've been reshearching some things and I found out about these things, and I think I came up with a good idea. There's this thing (All of you probably know of it) called reseller hosting. It allows you to buy hosting from one company, and sell parts of it to other people. It's nice because they use the orginal company's support and such. There's this other thing called Turnkey websites, they are websites which are already designed, you just put them online. I was thinking, I could create these accounts to resell, put a turnkey site on them, and put a domain on there. I could sell them to people. I was wondering do you guys think it's a good idea? As well I could try developing some of these myself to sell them later for more.

Eigher way, when looking for hosting, I found (along with somebody simply telling me) that most sites which offer small plans generally aren't good because companies simply don't make much money off small plans. Anyway, I'm sure you guys know all of this. I found a good company (I looked at reviews, it's called JaguarPC.com) they have reseller hosting for $20 a month. They give 12GB space and 125GB bandwidth, I figured I could sell 100MB space 1GB bandwidth accounts on these for $10 a year (if it turns out the turnkey website with the domain name is a bad idea, or if I could only sell a few and had to sell just hosting), and I would only have to sell 24 accounts. Think that's a fair price? Or is this whole reseller idea just a bad idea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't like the idea of reseller hosting, personally. Hosting is such a competitive market, and most people would rather host with a well-known service. Many people willing to shell out money, rather than use free hosting, want quality service, and they need to be sure of that when signing up for a host. Even if you think you've got a great deal, it will be difficult to catch new clients.

Just my thoughts through experience... I've worked in hosting for years and attempted reseller hosting with no luck. You won't make a lot of money with reseller hosting in the big picture.

•••
Ugh... Well, what if I told them the name of the place (it's a reliable place, JaguarPC.com), so if they found that, and didn't want a plan as big as theirs (their regular base plan is 17GB/210GB), so if I offered smaller plans, and they get the same quality service as them, would that work you think? I don't need to make money, just want to cover costs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back