What should NamePros add?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamePros

NamePros.comEstablished Member
NamePros Staff
Impact
Good morning!

NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

We'd love to hear even more! What else would you like us to add for you?

All suggestions are welcome, from small and simple changes to big and complex features!

Please post below, or submit your suggestions privately.

Let us know what you'd like us to build!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Love to see "signatures" when on mobile.
You can if you tilt it sideways. But being able to see it portrait would definitely be a good thing.

•••
Bumps:

Currently it's 1 bump per 24 hours.

Change that to 1 bump per Day or 2 bumps per 24 hours.

Sometimes you'll have an auction ending in the next few hours, but sadly, you used the bump at 1:00 am. You have sit there in agonizing pain, when 1 last bump could change everything...

Marketplace:

Keep a stock ticker -like "thingy" at the top, for names that are for sale on NP. I feel like this would allow more names to be featured, while maintaining good visibility.

Like this:

good-gif-LED-financial-ticker.gif

Nonetheless, NP is doing a great job! Thank you for considering our feedback/suggestions. :)

•••
I have read that the majority of domainers on here are not actually making money from their domain investments. If this is true, and I think I read that it is the vast majority of members are in the red, then I think something that could help tremendously is to have a “Start Here” button on the homepage which links directly to the Begineers section. A small but obvious button near the sign in. Possibly most begineers don’t go to the beginners section ( I wonder if there are metrics on this?)
Another way to help get people to that section before they go anywhere else on the site would be to add a link in the original email sent out when people join NP. Maybe that exists.
Not sure if I should be tagging someone who can actually do something about it or if all you wonderful mods are automatically watching... just in case- @Eric Lyon

•••
@Bravo Mod Team
hi..why is it after ignoring someone here we are still

do u think we will ever see the day when people we ignore are truly ignored... and do not even appear in like dislike timelines of ours or any other places.

Ignoring posts is good..but if we put someone on ignore it means we do not want to see them anywhere
... can ya?

•••
Also, now statistic info is hidden(before there was a link, like in case with replies, so after click on link you may see more information). Was it removed by NP or forum update I'm not sure.
1689782634776.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
How about an option to favorite threads (like thanks/like) and be able to access the links to all those threads in one page?

•••
I know this is a futile request, but I have nothing better to do with the next 30 seconds of my life.

Require the use of your legal name.

It'll cut down on the idiocy.
Problem is, how to make sure the name is the correct name?
One gets into sending proof, like valid drivers license, etal.
And lots of people would say, adios guys!

•••
Suggestion for auction section: Create Thread format:
u2MpU4Q.jpg

Some parts of the post should not be editable once auction gets a bid: Domain Name(s), Auction Ends On or Bidding Ends On. This is just a suggestion and can be improved with more feedback from members.

•••
(2) I think allowing posting URLs and email addresses into the PM should be permitted. At the moment, it is impossible to give someone your email address which is needed for a domain push at most registrars. There appear to be some minor restrictions on what can be written into PMs ("Conversations").
The error message informs you that an avatar must be set on your account first. This is part of our proprietary Spam Prevention system.

Please set an avatar to bypass those restrictions. :)

•••
I think long back I requested @Eric Lyon to consider some enhancement to make auction better.

We are not able to track our own auctions/bids. I would be good if there is some tab with My Auction & My Bids listings.

•••
If you have a moment, please provide us with more details on this suggestion.
Thanks,

im not good at this, so i hope u can connect all the dots, try to make sense of my non-sense

here goes,

any members who wants to hv a verified membership should send some documents like IDs, driving license etc to namepros mods ... then they'll get this 'verified members' icons .. somewhere

its hard to sell or even buy some (participate in offers) when you're new . everyone is looking at your ( 0,0,0 feedbacks ), and they wouldn't dare to make deals with you

i know its kinda tricky coz NP citizens are everywhere, different countries. i just like the 'verified members' idea, but i cant really suggest any technical details about it because im not a technical person.

i hope that make sense

+ i think scammers don't like this feature, so it could work to reduce some bogus accounts

Last edited:
•••
(y)(y)(y) Hey Bro .... Congrats and Happy Fifth Anniversary! (y)(y)(y)

Those who completes 10 years got 10 stars then why not 3 stars for 3 years completion and 5 star for 5 years completion. NamePros should think regarding this - whats your thought @Eric Lyon @Kenny @Support Team

•••
For God's sake, please add an opportunity to "ignore"("hide", or otherwise eliminate) a particular thread from being shown in forum views or "new posts" link output. There are threads I have zero interest in, but they are active. Interesting for some - no issues with this, to each his own. At this time, the only way to make such a thread invisible is to "ignore" the member who started it, which is not a solution!

Last edited:
•••
•••
I concur. @Paul can you kill the hidden up and down votes.
Show your face, even if its your favorite actor

•••
I would love to see an input form for structured standard submissions to the Report Completed Sales thread.

i.e. a box that at a minimum is filled in domain name, price, date of sale, inbound/outbound check, venue and perhaps holding time.

Then an open text part where additional information could be optionally provided.

This would block anything except sales reports from that thread, and also only allow posts with minimum information complete.

If published with a standard format from the form, e.g. first line is name, second is price, third is date in standard format, etc. would make it easy to gather data for statistical analysis.

Bob

•••
Get rid of anonymous downvote shills.
You love being toxic.
NP can keep “dislike“ and or “disagree”.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Oh, I see.
Yep, it may help even NamePros to grow in some way

•••
NamePros is working on a lot of new and exciting features, and many of them are thanks to member suggestions in our Comments and Feedback section.

What are they?

Transactions
I private contract offer/acceptance location for deals outside of a thread. Then if there is any question of integrity there is a clear and complete record of it that can be acted on properly (Trader Rating/Banning/Warning). This would be more constructive than the growing number of threads that complain about deals gone awry. If it was not used then do not allow any posting about the transaction gone awry in Namepros.

The template mentioned above would also very much help reign the growing problem of non-payers and the resulting threads.

Likes and Thanks
Distinguish the different likes/thanks. It's silly because they are currently meaningless. Only count thanks/likes in non "social" threads imho.
The old "spreading the love around" restriction was something that kind of worked. But we should know when someone likes something versus someone liked something useful. Ideally? You'd just get rid of them. If anything a star ranking would be nice because it's embarrassing (isn't it?) to rank a post 5 stars when it's easy to just like it.

Immediate Suggestions

Enforce trader ratings as the formal approval/disapproval of users.
Allow name and shame threads with caveats (i.e. there are names and terms... none of this "I'll give you anonymous maybe person 24 hrs to come clean").

GET A REAL LAWYER to contribute. :)

•••
You can do that kind of thing with watched threads. Would that help?

https://www.namepros.com/watched/threads

Option to watch/unwatch is there. I know it's not exactly the same but seems similar enough.

You can also create your own bookmarks with your browser ;)

I think watching a thread serves a different purpose; that's for getting notifications on the latest posts on a thread. Being able to access a particular thread OR post by favoriting it would mean you can save threads/posts that you like, say from 3 years ago. Bookmarking 1000s of threads... That seems a little inconvenient, I think.

•••
Maybe it's just the nitpicker in me, but capitalize the "N" in the "namePros" logo. :P

•••
It'd be somewhat useful if there could be a little sound played when receiving a message or an alert - much like Facebook has - that can be disabled in the event that someone doesn't want it to play.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back