IT.COM

What's the deal with awesome .uk domain names that are still available?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Whats the deal with awesome .uk domain names that are still available? for example, I see idea.uk is available. Why would that be available? I tried regging one but it said since I am located in the USA, I could not do so. I recall hearing about how .UK domains can be sized by the .co.uk owner at any time? Whats the deal with .uk?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately they appear as available in domain searches, but are actually only available to the present .co.uk owner. They have something like a 5-year window to claim, so there's not going to be any excitement in that space for a while.

•••
It is reserved till june 10th 2019 to existing customers of .co.uk and other second level domains.

Before that if you are in/from the uk , there are still opportunities. Keep an eye out for any new sites started this year(.co.uk) that is trending up, and check if the .uk is available. The reservation only applies to sites reg before june '14.

You just might hit upon a winner.

•••
As others have said, it is indeed because they are currently reserved for the holders of the .co.uk version. Have your list ready for checking on June 10, 2019 - All he** will break loose, lol!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back