Dynadot

question What's the hype with .ai

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
what's up fellas... someone here know enuf about .ai tld names to explain to me why they suddenly sell like hotcakes.. crazy dyna bidding and elsewhere too... some good keywords but also bad ones fetching 1000s.
I mean it feel lke everyone just wanna own .ai and not care keyword etc.. also who can reg these? are they prem and non prem and expensive? or its about having missed that train again...? they seem to fetch way more than .com with ai in it true?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In time It will come to Pass

I find the whole AI thing quite amazing. The amount of totally disassociated words/domains being registered and offered for sale is almost hilarious. Unfortunately domainers are always looking for what they believe is a valuable niche.

There are no doubt a few good pairings out there, probably less than 1% of all registrations. The whole AI concept is going to become so embedded in our day to day existence that people will wonder why its being singled-out for emphasis. The trouble is so many are hooked that any criticism is frowned upon.

A similar fad-wave happened when the whole internet became available on the move. Mobile this and that any derivative and shortening became the domain key word of choice. Now mention 'Mobile' and people will wonder where you have been living for the last 15 years. Of course it's mobile available isn't everything. The missing point for many is that AI is a facilitator Not a product. It's a perceived enhancer to everyday life,

In time the penny will drop as it does with all poor identification of domains. Good luck to those riding the crest of current sales, they hopefully know it's 2 to 3 year crest at best

Last edited:
•••
It reminds me of XYZ riding off coattails of abc.xyz

•••
The $70/year is a huge turn-off for me, not to mention that they aren't that flexible. If you're not offering an AI service, then what's the point of having an .ai? That's my thinking, and once AI becomes properly integrated then there's no point in even distinguishing the domains.

But as with everything, only time will tell.

•••
In time It will come to Pass

I find the whole AI thing quite amazing. The amount of totally disassociated words/domains being registered and offered for sale is almost hilarious. Unfortunately domainers are always looking for what they believe is a valuable niche.

There are no doubt a few good pairings out there, probably less than 1% of all registrations. The whole AI concept is going to become so embedded in our day to day existence that people will wonder why its being singled-out for emphasis. The trouble is so many are hooked that any criticism is frowned upon.

A similar fad-wave happened when the whole internet became available on the move. Mobile this and that any derivative and shortening became the domain key word of choice. Now mention 'Mobile' and people will wonder where you have been living for the last 15 years. Of course it's mobile available isn't everything. The missing point for many is that AI is a facilitator Not a product. It's a perceived enhancer to everyday life,

In time the penny will drop as it does with all poor identification of domains. Good luck to those riding the crest of current sales, they hopefully know it's 2 to 3 year crest at best

Yep, from unique to ubique. AI names are good for flipping (trading), not for investing in.

•••
I bought a few .ai names, even got some offers. However, like everything 99% ai things will fail and 99% ai domains won't sell so make sure your aware of that going in. History does repeat and this time is not different, even though AI does have staying power it's important to not follow all the hype and make smart decisions to be part of the 1% that will make it.

Last edited:
•••
what's up fellas... someone here know enuf about .ai tld names to explain to me why they suddenly sell like hotcakes.. crazy dyna bidding and elsewhere too... some good keywords but also bad ones fetching 1000s.
I mean it feel lke everyone just wanna own .ai and not care keyword etc.. also who can reg these? are they prem and non prem and expensive? or its about having missed that train again...? they seem to fetch way more than .com with ai in it true?
They sell like hoccakes because of the AI revolution due to ChatGPT, now lots businesses can use the API and create their own websites, and thus more domain sales.

•••
not sure about .ai develped but i gotta say I've gone to.my share of keywords ai .com and many are developed
..more than many or most other niches .. I was surprised. there is also many namebio sales... I'm talking. com here... so I actually think compared to most niches we dive into ...ai may be the best and strongest.. for .com... I was just curious about the .ai tld side of it all in this thread.

•••
They sell like hoccakes because of the AI revolution due to ChatGPT, now lots businesses can use the API and create their own websites, and thus more domain sales.

yes but
.... they seem to do better than ai names in com no?

•••
yes but
.... they seem to do better than ai names in com no?
Great question, it seems the "one word" mega keywords do very very well with .ai extensions, but in .com, good keywords+ai or ai+keywords are doing good also.

•••
There’s a huge amount of keyword .ai domains that have been land grabbed and redirected by companies and individuals,

Examples:

Dream.ai
Einstein.ai
Pix.ai
S1.ai
Stream.ai
War.ai

The list goes on. Try them and see for yourself

•••
There’s a huge amount of keyword .ai domains that have been land grabbed and redirected by companies and individuals,

Examples:

Dream.ai
Einstein.ai
Pix.ai
S1.ai
Stream.ai
War.ai

The list goes on. Try them and see for yourself

u say pix... some dude posted on np he pushed sedo 50k offer to auction on pics,ai... crazy times.. that like 4fig name on good day... honestly I dislike .ai... much prefer ai .coms .... and like I said many many ai coms are developed ... prolly .ai too just didnt check much

•••
Interesting discussion. (y) I've been doing an extensive research on .ai, and it's definitely true the following:

1. Number of sites using .ai skyrocketed
2. They are expensive, but not only that - you have to pay a 2-year deal, so count $150 on average for the name, to give away at the register.
3. Despite the previous point - absolute majority of single words, nice and short combos and brand words are taken already.
4. Unlike .xyz, this tld is backed with a technology that gets spreaded through many industries, thus it's not a bubble. However of course it will have this peak and fade stages (but we are still at the beginning).

I see a good potential here, however names have to be chosen extremely carefully - cause of trend nature and high price.

To buy or not to buy - the choice is yours )

•••
Interesting discussion. (y) I've been doing an extensive research on .ai, and it's definitely true the following:

1. Number of sites using .ai skyrocketed
2. They are expensive, but not only that - you have to pay a 2-year deal, so count $150 on average for the name, to give away at the register.
3. Despite the previous point - absolute majority of single words, nice and short combos and brand words are taken already.
4. Unlike .xyz, this tld is backed with a technology that gets spreaded through many industries, thus it's not a bubble. However of course it will have this peak and fade stages (but we are still at the beginning).

I see a good potential here, however names have to be chosen extremely carefully - cause of trend nature and high price.

To buy or not to buy - the choice is yours )

u said pick Names super careful but me and others basically say that many poor keywords sell for good money.

•••
AI means artificial idiots

•••
u said pick Names super careful but me and others basically say that many poor keywords sell for good money.

Well, I didn't notice lots of shitty words that go for good money (just shitty on 3rd-4th page - yes of course). Today's auction top, 1st page:

123.JPG

I mean, no way I would've paid these prices, but all are single words - understandable how some people find them a good investment. And the second page there - is like $1000 to 200, but still the same - single words...

And on top you always have people that are just lazy to dig, but have some pockets... To me, you can still get something similar to these words for hand-reg (which again is $150, but evaporating), but again, some just follow the easy path, jumping into an auction...

Last edited:
•••
Reminds me of the dot TV hype and bandwagon. So many similarities, Small island, extension reassigned by a small but justifiable need. Some good pairings but not many to be had. Wont have the longevity and relevance of .TV Good luck to the island of Anguilla for making their coffers shine. It's taken a long time for me to come to terms of just what a manipulated crowd we domainers are.

•••
I think that the hype is deliberately inflated. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that most of the domains dot AI sales are fake. We observed something similar with the zone XYZ. In a year, passions will settle down when the bubble bursts

Last edited:
•••
Great question, it seems the "one word" mega keywords do very very well with .ai extensions, but in .com, good keywords+ai or ai+keywords are doing good also.

I sold a 2 word .ai for low x,xxx in may

The one word .ai are HOT and picking up a good one at a nice RS price is long gone, missed that.

The latter is true as well.

•••
I sold a 2 word .ai for low x,xxx in may

The one word .ai are HOT and picking up a good one at a nice RS price is long gone, missed that.

The latter is true as well.

Yes there is a well known domainer here @Igor Gabrielan who owns some of the best .ai domains, bro had a foresight and saw the future, he was one step ahead like a domain chess game haha

•••
•••
які його найкращі імена?
car.ai space.ai store.ai sport.ai world.ai metaverse.ai med.ai fin.ai apps.ai bots.ai ...
Recently I was offered $150,000 for a car.ai and 150,000 euros for a videos.ai , but I refused.
I have a wonderful set of names for videos:

videos.ai
films.ai
animations.ai
documentaries.ai
shorts.ai
reels.ai
clips.ai
previews.ai

It probably makes sense to develop it yourself.

As for chess, here is my account.
https://lichess.org/@/IgorGabrielan

Last edited:
•••
I wonder how much gemini.ai sold for. This name may be valuable to Google. I saw that it was selling for 50 thousand and thought about doing a flip, but didn’t dare. Then I saw the price for this name $250,000, and it seems it was sold. I registered the name geminis.ai .

Last edited:
•••
car.ai space.ai store.ai sport.ai world.ai metaverse.ai med.ai fin.ai apps.ai bots.ai ...
Recently I was offered $150,000 for a car.ai and 150,000 euros for a videos.ai , but I refused.

videos.ai
films.ai
animations.ai
documentaries.ai
shorts.ai
reels.ai
clips.ai
previews.ai

https://lichess.org/@/IgorGabrielan
Impressive, good luck!

•••

videos.ai
films.ai
animations.ai
documentaries.ai
shorts.ai
reels.ai
clips.ai
previews.ai

great. wow. so u just got early when they were available for all to register? and u had to be real fast to reg them or not even? or they were high prem reg fees and nobody even rushed for them. cause I was early for the .one tld... I think on the day it opened and it was all cheap regs at least for names I got... but they were disappearing as I was regging... so I wondered if it was same situation for u... I got stuff like metaverse,one and 20 more.. still hold few... I made nowhere near what u will on yours but its stlol profitable 30 to 40k total. so by pure chance finding out on np in 2015 that this day .one opens up to public was good chance. so maybe similar for u...let us know. p.s. dont u wish u regged 100 more heheh... then its yachting with big guys for u hahah

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back