IT.COM

When did you buy your first domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I bought my first domain in 2003, when I was 12 years old. It was a terrible name!

(TheNBABobcats.com)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
October, 1995
In those days registry fees were $100 usd per year and Network Solutions was the only game in town for registrations.

Last edited:
•••
well, a lot of time ago (2008) in Dattatec (argentina)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back in 2008 for me too, as far as I can remember. Bought 2 domains for personal blog projects. One was my nickname in IRC ( :D ) and the other was LazorPowered.com ;)

•••
I purchased my first domain name in 2004 or so. [Downzine.com] :D

But things didn't worked out as I planned. And I was sidetracked.

1 year or so later it expired and ended up on sedo :D

That is how I came to know about sedo and then about Namepros and domaining.

I got it back though and I still have it as a developed site :)

•••
I purchased my first domain in 2011. :tu:

•••
@ealfert I like your virtual ... something

•••
TechChallenger.com .....i think it was 12 Aug 1012. Brought for a concept website for students, still near me but undeveloped. While developing that concept idea i became web developer :D and slowly in 2013 came to domaining

•••
My first domain was from 2007: ENOM.com
Then: 123-reg.co.uk :( but now i don't enjoy buying domains like before

•••
2008 if I remember it correctly

•••
•••
1998 - at least that's the earliest one I still remember.

•••
in 2000 - it was ezdesi.com and interestingly it is still registered today by someone else.

•••
It is almost 3 years back when I bought my first domain livelysayings dot com, made a site, butI didnt renewed the domain last year.

•••
I feel like I was 73/but I'm 29 now.... Within this year

•••
Live4Less.com back in 2001, I was doing a MLM portal; I let it drop later that year.
However that was the first domain I ever bought.

Looks like it has been registered since 2003.

•••
I bought my first one in December 1995. It was for my business. I registered my second in 2001, again for my business (another one). They were basic and just had company information, about the compant, a contact form, a couple of misc. pages but that was it.

I didn't start buying them to resell and/or develop till August 2013 but got heavy into it about a year ago exactly.

I have learned a lot about domains in the last year and a half. Hopefully the knowledge will continue to grow. ;)

•••
I purchased my first one on September 2014

•••
1999 - I tried making my own search engine with it

•••
•••
•••
Mine as on the 05-19-2014. (very accurate date, Lol)

•••
I think I bought my first domain around 2007-2008. But it wasn't for domaining. It was actually my Personal name. FirstNameLastName.com

Then I didn't renew it because I thought I wouldn't want it anymore. Long story short, I let it drop and someone picked it up. Then I wanted it again...lol

Luckily I put in a backorder for it and was able to get it on the drop.

-Omar

•••
•••
late 2003 and the name was HotWebSpot.com I was working on a social networking site but eventually thought the whole idea was stupid and would never catch on... and being a frugal college student at the time, months later I wanted my money back and that's how I stumbled on the domain industry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back