NameSilo

When does Sedo pay?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I sold my first domain name on Sedo for $400.00.

How long does it take to get paid (Paypal)

At what point do I transfer the domain to the buyer?

This is all new to me - Thanks for any help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sold my first domain name on Sedo for $400.00.

How long does it take to get paid (Paypal)

At what point do I transfer the domain to the buyer?

This is all new to me - Thanks for any help!

Hi Avabelle

It all depends, usually if there is no hold up such as your domain still in Goidaddy's 60 day lock and assuming your buyer has completed payment then it may take a few days or up to a week.

Once Sedo has the payment and the domain has been transferred and if you are using ACH or PayPal for payment then its usually 2-3 business days.

Congrats on your sale :tu:

Last edited:
•••
Depends on how long it takes for the buyer to pay. Once they have the money from the buyer and you push the name they pay you pretty quickly.

•••
Congrats Avabelle,

now just sit & wait till Sedo tells you what to do next - they always come... you are not supposed to do anything until told to. and that will happen as soon as they got and clear the payment which may take up to 10 business days from my experience (after buyer pays). they will post everything related to the status of the deal and detailed step-by-step instructions in MySedo->TransferCenter->soldname

after you push/transfer out according to their instructions (thats on per deal basis depending on multiple factors like price, if they have acc with yr current registrar etc) they will reward you with "Credit Note created!" sort of thing - it's generally a good sign - upon which it'll take another 2-7 days before they complete your paypal payment

but a key point is Escrow payment received message in your Transfer center - usually means a buyer really paid, he was not joking around (which often surprises me quite a lot) ... from this point and on alcohol is not prohibited any more

Last edited:
•••
^ Yes 4pm is more accurate.

•••
.. should be added that you wont miss any new activities in your Transfer Center as they kindly email you an update every time they want something from you. there's a nice feature too - you can always comment something (like "where's my money, scammers?") from the bottom of the page, there's a form for that, they read messages when they are not too busy with selecting names for their funny Great Auction events. sometimes they reply if feel like it.. cool retro place overall, you'll love it

•••
Paid! Thanks for the help everyone :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back