Dynadot

Which extension do you get most of your spams from?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Running a site? forum? blog?
Which extension gives you most pain in the ass?

Mine is .ru & .pl hating them right now.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looking in my spam queue, most of mine recently are [big random string of letters].com's. The Akismet plugin takes care of 99.9% of them.

•••
.ru for blogs
.cn for emails

•••
Surprisingly, mostly .net for email spam, with a few .com and .ru addresses thrown in.

Almost solely .ru for Wordpress-based sites.

•••
.ru is the most common locked in my spam filters...seems to be the same with everyone else as well. When i came into domaining i was told .info was a bad spamming extension...seems to have died off and now I'm an avid .info collector heh.....think i'll stay far away from .ru ;)

•••
Running a site? forum? blog?
Which extension gives you most pain in the ass?

Mine is .ru & .pl hating them right now.

The interesting part in a spam mail is not which e-mail address it is sent from as that can be any address. It has happened a few times that a spammer decided to use one of my domains in the "From" address. What is interesting is which SMTP servers are sending out the spam and which URLs are advertised in the spam messages. In general I do not get a lot of spam but Asian and American SMTP servers are the most common and .cn for the advertised URLs.

•••
Easily .ru.

I only have one .ru domain, but I get flooded with spam in Russian... Worst domain buy I ever made! Is the ccTLD administrator the one to blame here?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back