Dynadot

discuss Who sets pricing for "premium" .co expired domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxxo

Established Member
Impact
Anyone know who sets pricing for expired .co domains that are classified as premium names? Just about any one word dictionary name that is shorter than 10 letters is tagged as a premium name, and the pricing seems rather arbitrary. Does it have anything to do with the fact that .co is being used as a vanity extension instead of the original use as a gtld for Columbia? Please enlighten us. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe the registry itself is responsible although there's nothing stopping a registrar charging what they want either.

•••
•••
Thanks for the info. I read the article, apparently Godaddy has put measures into place to avoid conflict of interest. I'll take that one with a large grain of salt.

I guess they could be using an algo to auto set pricing based on various criteria like searches, traffic, length, word popularity, etc. Either that or they have a small team of people speculating on prices. Would be an interesting follow up interview for Domain Name Wire to see what's going on behind the scenes for wholesale pricing of premium .co domains.

Either way, if one goes to hand reg expired .co domains many of the decent one and two word domains are set at prices between $100-300 and there does not be much consistency. (kinda like domain end-user asking prices set by resellers).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back