IT.COM

Why is this domain so expensive?

NameSilo
Watch

dantex45

Established Member
Impact
Hi, I saw this domain in godaddy audition, it's 183.cc and it's selling for more than 44,000. I'd like to know what it is about so many people bidding so high?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The answer lies in Chinese numerology, which is a system of beliefs and practices that assigns symbolic meanings to numbers and their combinations. Each individual digit in the number 183 can be interpreted based on its associated Chinese numerology:

In general, number 1 is associated with independence, new beginnings, and leadership, while number 8 is associated with prosperity, success, and wealth. The number 3 is often associated with creativity, expression, and communication.

Combining these individual digit interpretations, the number 183 could represent a period of new beginnings and leadership, focusing on prosperity and creativity.

Chinese numerology is a fascinating subject and essential if you want to invest in numeric domains.

•••
yeah i don't think Chinese numerology explains 4 4 0 0 0 usd. 20k yeah 44k and a GD auction? no

Even 520.cc didn't get that high, and that means "I <3 u" and is a national holiday in mandarin-speaking countries and japan too.

•••
Hi, I saw this domain in godaddy audition, it's 183.cc and it's selling for more than 44,000. I'd like to know what it is about so many people bidding so high?
sometimes it is money lounder

•••
i not think it will be sold for that price

•••
•••
•••
What is weird is the commodity mindset so many domainers have.
183.cc happens to be something unique that someone wanted (most likely a Chinese person because of the numerology thing and .cc extension).
That someone may be so wealthy that the difference between say $1K and $44K is insignificant.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe You are right or we just use to something else. Everything evolve with time

•••
•••
i not think it will be sold for that price

•••
That someone may be so wealthy that the difference between say $1K and $44K is insignificant.
That's not how people think. You can get a lot better domains for $44,000. So if your dad's a billionaire and you got money to burn you still wouldn't pick it up.

This domain will be up for sale in a month.

•••
183.xyz is for sale on Sedo for $1 million. :xf.eek:
Might take a while...

Last edited:
•••
It's a good looking domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back