Dynadot

information Why should you not look for the cheapest registrar as a domain investor?

NameSilo
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Domain investment is all about buying low, and selling high. So, it makes sense to negotiate the best prices when purchasing a domain for your portfolio. Every penny counts. And that applies to the renewals as well. The renewal costs quickly start to pile up even for smaller domain portfolios.
Read More.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cheap is not good
Good is not cheap
There are so many stories here about problems with cheap registrars
- Support
- Transfer
- Market place
Also many buyers would not want to buy a name that registered from a cheap/unknown registrar.

•••
The priority for me is security and domain name reputation. I must trust a registrar.
I don't follow voting on namepros because people chase cheap and pork, pig, moo, ep- ix- , all sort of new random registrars and then complain the next year.

Look for credibility.

Sometime i think people have a political mindset with registrars.
They don't like a certain registrar so they chase the new candidate registrar...
new and cheap and unproven doesn't always equal better.

•••
Great points in posts above. I made this mistake years ago of just looking for dirt cheap registrar . It’s ok for a few names but then you still have risks as mentioned above.

I found it horrible when using a cheap reg for their dashboards especially anything over 100 names it becomes slow and support is non existent .

I only have 2 regs at moment unless I’m forced to use network solutions by name jet. That’s another story .

But I’m happy at godaddy . I would recommend anyone with a lot of domains to reach out and see if you can also get an account manager attached . My one has saved me time on things and delayed support
Disclaimer : Godaddy still have their own issues though too lol

•••
Great points in posts above. I made this mistake years ago of just looking for dirt cheap registrar . It’s ok for a few names but then you still have risks as mentioned above.

I found it horrible when using a cheap reg for their dashboards especially anything over 100 names it becomes slow and support is non existent .

I only have 2 regs at moment unless I’m forced to use network solutions by name jet. That’s another story .

But I’m happy at godaddy . I would recommend anyone with a lot of domains to reach out and see if you can also get an account manager attached . My one has saved me time on things and delayed support
Disclaimer : Godaddy still have their own issues though too lol

With GoDaddy's pricing, you're losing a lot of money for not much gain (imo). There are other reputable cheaper registrars out there. Dynadot, NameCheap, and PorkBun are just a few

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back