Dynadot

Won an auction on Namejet I didn't backorder. How to resolve issue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've been entered into an auction at Namejet for a name that I didn't backorder, and I've won. How do I resolve this issue? These names, I've backordered them in early March, outbid and lost out. Since then, I've removed these names from my backorder list. Early June, I've been entered into auction with these names with my previous bids, and turns out this time I'm the highest bidder. Problem is,... I don't want these names now, which is why I removed them from my backorder list. Namejet assuming that I am still interested in these names and made the decision on my behalf to bid on these names is a mistake on their part. Instead, they should've just sent an email to inform me that these names are now public auction.

Customer 06/10/2008 06:38 AM said:
Hello? Any solutions before I call my credit card centre?

Customer 06/06/2008 04:36 PM said:
I have now been officially been charged to my credit card for jfvv.com and xvxl.com. Please read my previous ticket to understand why i say i didn't backorder these names. And please... understand my situation and how the problem arises instead of giving me standard answers from the textbook.

Customer 06/06/2008 01:02 PM said:
Dear Mike,
I must let you know that I DID NOT add these names into my backorder. I will tell you how this happened.

For JFVV.com and XVXL.com, I have backordered these 2 names in March 2008 and was outbid on March 2nd. So I didn't win these names. Fine.

Ever since then, I have REMOVED these 2 names from my BACKORDER list. And I'm assuming that the winning bidder did not pay for these 2 names, so you are ASSUMING that I am still interested in these 2 names. NO. I can tell you that in these 2 months, I have chosen other names to replace these 2 names that I didn't win. I no longer have the need to buy these 2 names. And NAMEJET simply making the decision on my behalf to enter backorder for these 2 names for me is UNACCEPTABLE.

Now, at the time of this writing, my credit card has already been debited for 1 name, and there's another 12 minutes left before I win the other name. I'm going to call my credit card center to reverse these 2 charges if you don't reverse them for me.

I reiterate that NAMEJET must cancel these 2 names because I didn't backorder these 2 names in June and to simply assume that I am still interested in these 2 names after 2 months is a mistake assumption.

Response (Michael G.) 06/04/2008 05:47 PM said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support regarding this issue. In regards to the issue with this matter, the only way for a customer to have become a bidder of a domain would be for the customer to add the domain as a backorder. I apologize for the inconvenience, however if you win the auction you must pay for the domains. Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this matter. Thank you for your continued partnership, we appreciate you working with us.

Regards,

Mike
Technical Support Supervisor
My Support Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm PST, Monday thru Friday
Out of the office Saturday and Sunday

Customer 06/04/2008 05:21 PM said:
Hi, because of this I am currently high bidders for 2 names that I didn't backorder. What will happen if I continue to remain as high bidder until the auction ends? Do I have to pay for some names I didn't backorder? Will you automatically charge my credit card? This is ridiculous.

Response (Michael G.) 06/04/2008 01:36 PM said:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Technical Support regarding this issue. In regards to the issue with this matter, unfortunately we have no way to remove a customer from auctions of a domain. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this matter. Thank you for your continued partnership, we appreciate you working with us.

Regards,

Mike
Technical Support Supervisor
My Support Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm PST, Monday thru Friday
Out of the office Saturday and Sunday

Customer 06/03/2008 04:54 PM said:
Hi, I have been entered into the auctions of jfvv.com, dwtt.com and xvxl.com without me backordering these domains. And I don't know why my max bid is $80 instead of the default $69. Could you remove me from auctions for these 3 names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah keep us updated on this because it appears they are screwing you over.

•••
should gave you an option to acquire, not force you to buy. snapnames is better in this regard.

•••
this is getting out of control i don't appreciate a software adding me up automatically to an auction, it seems like once you joined their auction there's no way out.
i think you need to call up your credit card company.

•••
Dispute the charge with your CC company.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back