Dynadot

WP Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,
i need some help about one matter:

Have a few wp blogs,when i check in my webmaster tools there is always one error:

mydomain/comments/feed/ 404 (Not found)

How can i manage to fix this error?

thanks in advance for your time and help

Ron

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,
i need some help about one matter:

Have a few wp blogs,when i check in my webmaster tools there is always one error:

mydomain/comments/feed/ 404 (Not found)

How can i manage to fix this error?

thanks in advance for your time and help

Ron

hi Ronald,

you probably have mydomain/comments/feed/ link somewhere on your WP pages or in your sitemap.xml thats why Google is trying to check it. However your WP does not generate the page for some reason (maybe you just dont have any comments to aggregate).
You can disallow Google bot (and others) to visit it by adding:

Code:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /comments/feed/

to your robots.txt (if theres none in the root dir of your WP installation just create one and give it chmod 755)

should help :)

•••
hi Ronald,

you probably have mydomain/comments/feed/ link somewhere on your WP pages or in your sitemap.xml thats why Google is trying to check it. However your WP does not generate the page for some reason (maybe you just dont have any comments to aggregate).
You can disallow Google bot (and others) to visit it by adding:

Code:
Disallow: /comments/feed/

to your robots.txt (if theres none in the root dir of your WP installation just create one and give it chmod 755)

should help :)

thanks for your help

will change the robot,
does the code that you suggest means that any robots have access to my site except to the comments/feed/ ?
thanks

•••
thanks for your help

will change the robot,
does the code that you suggest means that any robots have access to my site except to the comments/feed/ ?
thanks

yes, this particular code would only disallow comments/feed/ directory to be visited by any bots (including Googlebot). the rest dirs/paths/pages/urls will still be avail for indexing as they were. if you need anything else to hide from indexing bots just add the relative paths on new line just like that:

Disallow: /somedir/junk.html (hides individual page)
Disallow: /anotherdir/anotherjunk.html (hides another individual page)
Disallow: /somedir/ (hides entire dir)
Disallow: /anotherdir/yetanotherdir/ (hides another entire dir)

note that all those pages/dirs can still be seen by anyone by visiting their urls :)

•••
I had similar error in my web master tool. I used robot.text to fixed this error as well

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back