NameSilo

advice .xyz investments - Are they wise?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All

I have seen some huge .xyz sales recently

In my own portfolio I have generic one word .xyz domains that receive little interest

I dropped an xyz name that had no interest for 2 years and sold recently for a high sum.

For the minimal reg fee they seem great investments , what are your thoughts and who is buying .xyz - end users, entrepreneurs or a select community.

Thoughts appreciated

Have an awesome day

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
same here

just cause swetha has 4 and 5fig sales.weekly doesn't mean u will

I have yet to.see.another person on earth with consistent xyz big sales

therefore I advise against buying xyz for 4fig.or even.3fig...thinking it will be easy.5fig sales.
just cause one person.on earth with 20k folio manages to do it.. likely via witchcraft and enochian magick

•••
In 2022, 4 out of 5 financial advisors recommend diverting 5% of your childs education funds into .XYZ domain names and allocating 25% of the profits back into the education funds in 2024, while using the remaining 75% in acquiring one word .ORG domain names.

Last edited:
•••
I dropped an xyz name that had no interest for 2 years and sold recently for a high sum.

For the minimal reg fee they seem great investments , what are your thoughts
Hi

therein, lies the answer to your question
as it confronts the meaning of "investment" in relation to "how much time" in your mind, is sufficient-
particularly when the "investment" has a minimal fee.

so, the question would be, how long should i hold my .xyz investment, or any extension, if it is a quality domain?

when you look at the big picture of details, one of them that stands out, is the amount of time one held the domain, before selling.

some names have to age like wine.
unless hype, increases demand.

imo...

•••
Thanks , agree that keeping a domain name longer with time increases chances of a sale
Still bewildered how all .xyz sales are made by one. Those sales have been my only inspiration for this extension.
Good luck to you all , wishing you great sales ;)

•••
Looks like people are buying up 3 L domains... not for a lot of money though

1643812072064.png

•••
Looks like people are buying up 3 L domains... not for a lot of money though

Show attachment 209215
I got a few at the end of the year for about 20-30 dollars each, I am planning to keep them for a while..
The renewal is 9 dollars, not 300 as a new one will be

Last edited:
•••
XYZ is quite great for 3d design. Not VR, not AR, not Games, just 3D.

•••
What are your thoughts
The mind is a very unusual place
1061240249.xyz

Last edited:
•••
still bewildered how only one seller sells high .xyz sales 10k+ ,must be magic

•••
In 2022, 4 out of 5 financial advisors recommend diverting 5% of your childs education funds into .XYZ domain names and allocating 25% of the profits back into the education funds in 2024, while using the remaining 75% in acquiring one word .ORG domain names.
Why? What are the reasons?

•••
Totally got another number xyz
7851209236.xyz

•••
xyz sales keep getting greater - anyone here making big sales or enquires? thanks

•••
xyz sales keep getting greater - anyone here making big sales or enquires? thanks

woman.xyz just sold yesterday for $3500 and no it wasn’t Swetha

Elliot Silver just sold a .xyz domain for $19K that he bought for $300 one year ago ... go read about it

Meanwhile I co own two of the hottest keywords in the booze industry, wines.xyz and whiskey.xyz and haven’t received any substantial offers ... yet

•••
•••
xyz train is gone long time ago. mostly owned by swetha at 20k names..nothing left for u...

unless u wanna be a clueless domainer and bid at sav or elsewhere buying xyz at 4fig...hoping u sell for 5fig.

good luck with that

•••
same here

just cause swetha has 4 and 5fig sales.weekly doesn't mean u will

I have yet to.see.another person on earth with consistent xyz big sales

therefore I advise against buying xyz for 4fig.or even.3fig...thinking it will be easy.5fig sales.
just cause one person.on earth with 20k folio manages to do it.. likely via witchcraft and enochian magick
The truth is that there are very little good names (one or two words) to reg in any extension and the chances are that to get a return most domainers will head to auctions, expired domains, backorders and even private buys.

•••
woman.xyz just sold yesterday for $3500 and no it wasn’t Swetha

Elliot Silver just sold a .xyz domain for $19K that he bought for $300 one year ago ... go read about it

Meanwhile I co own two of the hottest keywords in the booze industry, wines.xyz and whiskey.xyz and haven’t received any substantial offers ... yet
It would need a company like Majestic/ JD/ Jim Beam to want to get into the NFT / Metaverse space (perhaps involving vr tasting tours) for those names to sell for big bucks.

•••
Hi All

I have seen some huge .xyz sales recently

In my own portfolio I have generic one word .xyz domains that receive little interest

For the minimal reg fee they seem great investments , what are your thoughts and who is buying .xyz - end users, entrepreneurs or a select community.

Thoughts appreciated

Have an awesome day

Never invest in any extension, but invest in yourself before spending $$$ in any extension.

•••
The sales are self reported numbers by only one party, and does not reflect the opinion and sentiment, in entirety of the the said ntLD registrants., IMO, its wise to skip the boat, for the prevailing markets force you to believe a demand prevails. Take an educated guess,... Good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back