Dynadot

showcase Your domain in German language

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Meadows

Upgraded Member
Impact
Show your best or new domain in german language.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wanted to add on to my previous message: I see an interesting difference that with German domains it is almost best practice or at least very common to add the „-„ between words, whereas the same with English domains would weaken their value. Do you share this notion, Liebe Kollegen?

•••
Hi @FolioTeam

Die Zeit is one of the most known German newspapers, so based on that I looked up and saw that currently the have an active TM on their name.

I looked up further and I saw that worldwide there are 20 active TMs on that single name, and approx. 100! on zeit + word.

Basically all categories of the Nice classification should be covered!

Do you think that could be an issue while selling your domain?
May I ask, are you doing something in order to prevent a possible URDP?

•••
hallo!
gutenacht.com is here

•••
Manndecker.com ('man-marker' or defender in football -> name for a football related blog idea I had)
Messerspitze.com (Literally 'knife point' but used in German as "a pinch of" e.g. salt -> name for a receipe blog idea I had)

•••
•••
Found this one:
(dawtcom)

Telefoniert
(in english: 'called'/'phoned'/'telephoned')

Last edited:
•••
Reale/Hilfe .DE

( Real Help )

Last edited:
•••
darlehen (loan) dot app
reifen-shop (tire shop) dot com
lasergravierer dot com
gold-ankauf (gold buying) dot org
schluessel (key/keys) dot app
robo-advisor dot app

If someone is interested in some of the names, feel free to dm.

Cheers

•••
Guthaben.com ( habe den domain seit über 20 jahren )

•••
Basisch.com - confusing one for me. Couple Germans I spoke with said this is a really rare word there (they said they never used it themselves). But it's taken in 10 extensions, half of those are developed. And it's part of 328 domain strings, many of those developed. But it also seems to be a Dutch word and is part of many Dutch sites. Something to do with basic, basis, I still can't find an exact meaning. Google shows a lot of uses, particularly with 'basic foods', simple foods, essential foods, something like that. Every renewal time I wonder whether to let it drop. But all the uses... and a strong Godaddy valuation (4.4K) - I know valuations are useless, but I mainly use them because they do show whether a domain has some kind of strong metrics going for it. If not, valuations would be very low. This word obviously has something going for it. I've had it at a lowered price lately. Let's see if Christmas brings a sale for this one. If any German or Dutch speakers out there can clarify the word's usage for me I'd appreciate any input.

KameraDrohne.com - obviously it's 'camera drone'. Taken in 6 extensions, plus the .com is taken with hyphen. It's expired but I may renew it. I'm ambivalent about this one.

SexKlub.com - I don't know how true this translation is but it seems to get usage. Taken in 12 extensions.

Wassermelone.com - taken in 12 extensions. Watermelon, anyone?

•••
Hi - basisch is a very specific term in German, used similar to alkaline in English. Besides its usage in chemistry, it is very popular in the context of healthy food and general well-being. Couple of years ago there was huge interest in the mainstream media around food that lowers the ph scale in the body, and basisch is probably the strongest keyword for that hype.

See also the content at basisch.de. I have no idea about the appropriate pricing, but I’m sure there is potential for such a site with evergreen content, receipts, appliance affiliates, etc.

Good luck with the domain!

Basisch.com - confusing one for me. Couple Germans I spoke with said this is a really rare word there (they said they never used it themselves). But it's taken in 10 extensions, half of those are developed. And it's part of 328 domain strings, many of those developed. But it also seems to be a Dutch word and is part of many Dutch sites. Something to do with basic, basis, I still can't find an exact meaning. Google shows a lot of uses, particularly with 'basic foods', simple foods, essential foods, something like that. Every renewal time I wonder whether to let it drop. But all the uses... and a strong Godaddy valuation (4.4K) - I know valuations are useless, but I mainly use them because they do show whether a domain has some kind of strong metrics going for it. If not, valuations would be very low. This word obviously has something going for it. I've had it at a lowered price lately. Let's see if Christmas brings a sale for this one. If any German or Dutch speakers out there can clarify the word's usage for me I'd appreciate any input.

KameraDrohne.com - obviously it's 'camera drone'. Taken in 6 extensions, plus the .com is taken with hyphen. It's expired but I may renew it. I'm ambivalent about this one.

SexKlub.com - I don't know how true this translation is but it seems to get usage. Taken in 12 extensions.

Wassermelone.com - taken in 12 extensions. Watermelon, anyone?

Last edited:
•••
Hi - basisch is a very specific term in German, used similar to alkaline in English. Besides its usage in chemistry, it is very popular in the context of healthy food and general well-being. Couple of years ago there was huge interest in the mainstream media around food that lowers the ph scale in the body, and basisch is probably the strongest keyword for that hype.

See also the content at basisch.de. I have no idea about the appropriate pricing, but I’m sure there is potential for such a site with evergreen content, receipts, appliance affiliates, etc.

Good luck with the domain!
Aha!

Thank you very much for tutoring me about this word. Now it is much clearer, and I can see a real value finally. Now I actually like the word! Feels almost entirely oriented toward health, and I do love my health domain names. Next renewal time I will keep renewing.

Thanks again.

•••
Aha!

Thank you very much for tutoring me about this word. Now it is much clearer, and I can see a real value finally. Now I actually like the word! Feels almost entirely oriented toward health, and I do love my health domain names. Next renewal time I will keep renewing.

Thanks again.

Sure, happy to help. And Yes, the orientation of this word for German consumers is clearly pointing to health and well-being.

CcTLD vs. .com - There remains just the same question that I have with some of my German .com domains: their wording might be very short, concise and on topic, but it is just not the .de country extension, and I am very often confused why the .com was available and the .de has been in use for years. I’d like to think that the .com might appeal also to the other German speaking countries (so called D A CH Region) but I think that the .de has a more serious touch as it suggests that there is a real company behind it based in Germany.

Maybe there are other and more experienced thoughts about this? In an earlier Thread, another member commented about the ascending value of the .coms in comparison to the cc tlds but I’m a bit hesitant.

•••
Sure, happy to help. And Yes, the orientation of this word for German consumers is clearly pointing to health and well-being.

CcTLD vs. .com - There remains just the same question that I have with some of my German .com domains: their wording might be very short, concise and on topic, but it is just not the .de country extension, and I am very often confused why the .com was available and the .de has been in use for years. I’d like to think that the .com might appeal also to the other German speaking countries (so called D A CH Region) but I think that the .de has a more serious touch as it suggests that there is a real company behind it based in Germany.

Maybe there are other and more experienced thoughts about this? In an earlier Thread, another member commented about the ascending value of the .coms in comparison to the cc tlds but I’m a bit hesitant.
There seems to be quite a difference in how each country's people feel about their domain extension.

The USA, for example, treats the .us as pretty weak; it gets used, but not nearly as strongly as the .com. My country, Canada, the .ca gets very strong use, but I would say it's on equal or slightly less billing than the .com. I have not seen any official comparison of this, which may show something different, this is just my personal experience and estimation. Countries like the UK and Australia seem to be similar to Canada, very strong with their country codes but also quite strong with .com.

With Germany, I have a little experience but not much. It seems to me that the .de gets much, much stronger use than the .com. It seems that the .de is paramount, but that .com is still considered 'okay' to use, as a second or third choice after the .de. *I say 'third choice' in fun, because second choice also seems to be with use of the "-" hyphen, ha. There are so many German domains taken in .de, WITH a hyphen, and often the .com, unhyphenated version is still available!

France - and French Canada - also seem to be very enamored of using hyphens, often in precedence over non-hyphenated double or triple word domains.

I would say that Basisch.de would be the 'category killer' for this word, in Germany. But I would also say that my Basisch.com still has some life and some value to it as a good second choice. When you put this term into DotDB you see it is part of hundreds of other domains. Many of them have hyphens and are .de. Many are also .com.

And a good number of them are .nl and .be, but those seem to mostly use it with an 'e' on the end, Basische.

•••
There are so many German domains taken in .de, WITH a hyphen, and often the .com, unhyphenated version is still available!
Exactly my perception. While especially in this forum the hyphen-phobia for .com domains is paramount, it is much less so or even the opposite in other languages, at least in German from my experience. I remember working for an office where the owner used to spell out the hyphened url in a way to put even more emphasis on the name. funny as I read about this very counter-argument somewhere around this forum: 'just imagine, having to mention the hyphen just every time to the customer...' - funny to see the diversity across regions.

Currently I am still working out how to set up several sites that cater to german (and similarly to spanish) audience, as I want to adress them across borders. especially when the ccTLDs are not available, just the .com. To go with another name or use a workaround with prefixes - or just go with the .coms. There is also another bigger isue, of course: the power of the .com is mostly based on the huge US market, whereas the European market f.e. is much more segmented. Therefore, much harder to build on economies of scale and reaching a bigger audience. Somehow I saw very few success stories where projects could bridge that gap and reach say the German public equivocally across Germany, Austria and Switzerland. There is just no connecting extension for that. Or even across Europe, where the .eu is not used that much.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back