Dynadot

2016 Domain Predictions and Trends?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Muhammad Atif Qazi

Established Member
Impact
As we all saw, profited and went crazy over registrations towards the end of 2015. Experts said "We are not experts at the moment ". All because of the frenzy of NNNN, NNLLN, NNLNLNLNLNLNLNNLNLNNLNNLN.

What do you guys think will happen in 2016? Is the market going to slow down? Or remain like this crazy and letters & numbers in almost all popular TLDs disappear.

What should be the strategy going in towards 2016?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BTW, there certainly seems, for the past few months at least, to be a correlation to the price of BitCoin https://www.coinbase.com/charts to the price and activity of liquid names. The was a run up, then a drop and now it's picking back up again

I saw more correlation with global warming and pirates extinction ;)

Chinese names took off in March and since then went up 10-20 times. Bitcoin chart starts at $378 last year and ends at $377 now.

You can take small period of 2-3 months and see the similarities, but how you gonna explain the differences in all other time?
Chinese domains were growing for 6 month+, with corrections of course, Bitcoin was not. If we take 1 year period there's no correlation between this two.

•••
2016 will be a buyers market.

Type-in traffic for some new gTLD domains will emerge.

•••
•••
I see the governments of the world taking over their country domains.
With the USA taking all the other domains.
For they all need money to pay off some of their debt.

•••
I saw more correlation with global warming and pirates extinction ;)

Chinese names took off in March and since then went up 10-20 times. Bitcoin chart starts at $378 last year and ends at $377 now.

You can take small period of 2-3 months and see the similarities, but how you gonna explain the differences in all other time?
Chinese domains were growing for 6 month+, with corrections of course, Bitcoin was not. If we take 1 year period there's no correlation between this two.

For the moment you can point to an event that ties the two together, something that moves a large group of investors from a traditional place to digital assets.

What happened in the Chinese stock market this summer was an unprecedented event, particularly in the way the government intervened and placed sell restrictions. What was a liquid sorta free market instantly changed.

Whether or not that plays out, I obviously have no crystal ball. ;)

•••
something that moves a large group of investors from a traditional place to digital assets.

Bingo, High profits!

When Chinese press spreads stories about someone invested 200000 yuan in LLLL.net domains and 1 month later pockets 3 mln. yuan this goes into greedy public like forest fire.

•••
•••
The India market has to be looked at for sure, it's coming...

•••
Me and a couple of other people have been investing in Australian Premiums. I think they'll take off next year. I already have my share so it's ok to share that.

(symbols) .coms will be taking off. I mean stuff like $$$$.com. I have been noticing an increase in offers with those. I have some good ones. Everybody in the world knows $. F*$K.com is another one I have that gets offers. It has a star and a dollar sign which means good luck in Ireland. And the letters F and K are premium, everywhere. Symbols are symbolic and people like that stuff, especially girls and Hippies.
Man, I hope I'm not too late. Where can I reg some of those?
This could be as big as @NPer 's Kumquat Revolution of '13!!!!!
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-and-discuss-kumquat-cumquat-quat-domains.800149/

Can I be one of your friends? Please?
I like girls, and have been called a Hippie.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Nice one bro!! cuz its only a matter of time, if not nxt year then the nxt. nothing waits forever.

Also, LLL.co and .infos are likely to get on fire... .io will also either boom more or quench.

•••
in 2016 5L.com CHIPS will go up to middle $xxx
all 4l CHIPS will triple current value

•••
Can you elaborate more on this ? .in domain in general ???

•••
Man, I hope I'm not too late. Where can I reg some of those?
This could be as big as @NPer 's Kumquat Revolution of '13!!!!!

These organic assets that everybody only wanted to eat, and now are hoarding?
I'm not sure if these will ever become affordable again.
The only niche with positive growth year on year. Charts don't lie:

disney-ticket-022714.png

And Shakira's Hips don't lie:

Hips-Don-t-Lie-Music-Video-shakira-28516021-500-375.jpg

Think I should dump my domains which have been unavaible to reg for the longest time. Chinese don't like stale domains- they like them fresh.

Only domains which were available for reg fee a few weeks/days ago have potential, like LLNN, NNLL, LLLNNNNNNNNN, LLLLNNNNN, and so on. They work best in Quat patterns, like QUAT8888 (4L + 4N). Literally all taken.
Prices are Mid-High $Quat range... for now.

But don't worry @Cyberian, there are other Salutations (that's combinations and permutations combined) ... for example:
QuatQuat8888 = Double-Quatrip
Quat89898 = Good Salutation 8 + 9
8Qu77at8 = Palinquat
Q88t = Quat Hack
QW0T = DigiQuat Hack,
QU4T = DigiQuatrick

These are what the Chinese want.
"Keep it fresh and simple".

•••
•••
Me and a couple of other people have been investing in Australian Premiums. I think they'll take off next year. I already have my share so it's ok to share that.

(symbols) .coms will be taking off. I mean stuff like $$$$.com. I have been noticing an increase in offers with those. I have some good ones. Everybody in the world knows $. F*$K.com is another one I have that gets offers. It has a star and a dollar sign which means good luck in Ireland. And the letters F and K are premium, everywhere. Symbols are symbolic and people like that stuff, especially girls and Hippies.
Been investing in Canadian Premiums (made a mistake by posting them before I could register all the best ones) Let me know when you are targeting the New Zealand ones!!

2016 will be a buyers market.
Hope so the exchange rate (Canadian versus US) is killing me...

•••
There is no big panic on CHIP LLLL.coms. It means that the up-trend is likely to be continued.

•••
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited that the Kumquat craze has been re-ignited.

For a while there, I was certain I'd have to drop all two of my Quat domains, although I must say that Quatz [com] works in the 5L brandable vertical, although those two vowels kill it for the Chinese market...

:(

•••
'2016 Domain Predictions and Trends?'

No one knows the future but I believe there is an upcoming trend for '63 character domain names', especially '21 times - three L extension - repeats'.
Although - or just because - this super special domain names are so long, they will turn into real gems.

•••
It's not 20016 yet, but amount of trolls on NP forums is growing daily.
Just look at this thread f.e...

•••
•••
•••
'2016 Domain Predictions and Trends?'

No one knows the future but I believe there is an upcoming trend for '63 character domain names', especially '21 times - three L extension - repeats'.
Although - or just because - this super special domain names are so long, they will turn into real gems.
hope it can be true.

•••
hope it can be true.

Of course domain names can be artworks if they are unique in some special way.
So domain names even can be abstract artworks - if they are, they don't must have content in my eyes, their existence alone is artwork already.

I see domain(s)/ing as a kind of art, not only as a business.

•••
It's hard to compare previous domain bubbles / trends to todays market. When the 4l.com and 3l.com domains where bought out it was 90% US market. Now you have China, India, Europe and other countries in the mix. The downturn after the buyouts will be much shorter even though there are more options available. 8-10 years ago most people didn't even feel comfortable ordering merchandise from Amazon.com. Now, the adoption rate is exponentially growing with the global spread of the iPhone which I may say just was released in China last year if my sources are correct.

•••
All Apple devices will start to resolve new gTLDs.

They are just...always ahead of the market :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back