Domain Empire

news 500,000 Six Numbers Numeric .Com Without 4 Are All Registered.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

theSun

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Fresh news.

500,000 Six Numbers Numeric .Com Without 4 Are All Registered.

We are witnessing the most significant era of the world of domaining. 10 years later, we will all have stories to tell to our children.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is the beginning of the end.

•••
This is the beginning of the end.

500k is a tiny number.

The prices of 3N, 4N, and 5N are going to continue to go up. None of the 1000 3N names will sell for less than $1m next year -- well, maybe something with a poor placed 4. As they rise, so will 4N, which will bring 5N which will support 6N ... and stronger patterns in 7N and beyond.

•••
I can imagine the carnage should things start crashing down

•••
Hello!

obelix2.jpg

Replace "Romains" with "Chinese"... or "Domainers"!! :)

•••
i think in future most big domain company have no domain for sale :p

•••
WOW. I really wonder what they're gonna do with all those N.coms. China be spending them Yuans.

7N and 8N next?

•••
already happened.. all the premium patterns and numbers are snapped up since the past month.. whoever focuses on 7-8N right now is already way too late to the party..
just sold a premium pattern 8N for $3,500 to a chinese buyer at 4.CN the past days.. take the best in each trend/category and move on to the next trend/category.. that's it..

•••
You are right. If pattern is easy to remember, it sells irrespective of numbers in the domain.

•••
not just easy to remember.. pattern has to make sense for chineses as well or simply contain a lot of 8s.. the more the better.. and no 4s..
that's basically it, with variations in perceived value based on the exact numbers and positions in these 7N-8Ns..

•••
not just easy to remember.. pattern has to make sense for chineses as well or simply contain a lot of 8s.. the more the better.. and no 4s..
that's basically it, with variations in perceived value based on the exact numbers and positions in these 7N-8Ns..
You seemed to done a good research on what is valueable and whats not.
I would really like to know what domain you sold 8N.
I am currently holding to 89898888 .com my only 8N

•••
list yours at 4.cn then and use one of their landers (change nameservers to 4.cn).. preferable 9th lander template in their list if you go to their parking settings..

you will get inquiries then from interested chineses for this one..

ps: mine was an outbound sale actually, more to follow which is why i don't want to reveal my patterns yet, but will do at a later stage..

•••
list yours at 4.cn then and use one of their landers (change nameservers to 4.cn).. preferable 9th lander template in their list if you go to their parking settings..

you will get inquiries then from interested chineses for this one..

ps: mine was an outbound sale actually, more to follow which is why i don't want to reveal my patterns yet, but will do at a later stage..
I am getting inquries actually but havent finalised any sales. I couldnt think of a figure near to what you sold.
I have countered at max 300$ without any result. Your sale have obviously boosted some confidence in my domain.
cheers.

•••
your 9s are not at the most ideal position... 88899888 would definitely be better, as would 88988988 (and yes, to the chineses it matters a lot between spending high or low).. 7-8N isn't quite there yet to demand x,xxx for any combination of premium numbers, it has to be a premium constellation as well, else you have to wait a bit longer to see a nice ROI

•••
Where is this news coming from may I ask

•••
Interesting thread. The acceleration in Nregistrations is curious. Why now I wonder? Why not this time last year? Or the year before?

GravityEleven, how are you navigating 4.cn? Perhaps you speak Mandarin? I'd like to ask you a few more questions related to 4.cn, (I've been spending some time on there recently) but I'd prefer not to disrupt this thread. How may I contact you?

•••
4.cn provides you with an english interface upon clicking on the hardly visible small US flag in the top right corner ;) not the first to ask me this in the past days lol

•••
I've tried the flag often and it works fine until I transit into the Buy and Sell Domain pages.
Oh, maybe you have to click it again?

•••
nope, clicking once should do fine.. maybe a problem with ur browser/cookie etc.. it should stay in english wherever you navigate on 4.cn

ps: we are slightly offtopic now, back to topic please

•••
I'll swap through a few browsers and see how I go. I generally disable geolocation 'services' so it may be that is the problem as you say. Thank you in advance (I'm optimistic. Sometimes.)

•••
Interesting thread. The acceleration in Nregistrations is curious. Why now I wonder? Why not this time last year? Or the year before?

The stock market crash and government interventions in China have a lot to do with it… The Chinese just saw that something they thought was a safe area was not. They are looking for ways to keep their money outside of China's control.

Too there has been a very large growth in both China's smart phone ownership and internet usage just year over year. As this growth continues… So too does the number of net savvy Chinese users and domain investors. With this, Chinese domain brokers are gaining popularity and clientele.

We domainers with a traditional slant on domain ownership and investing need to look outside of the box. With 4N and 5N domains rising so high in value… Chinese domain brokers need lower value names that more people can afford to invest in. As the smaller size names increase… So too will the longer names and numeric names with good patterns.

Meanwhile, I've been talking about how numeric domains were forming a 'cyber currency' back in May...
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-and-discuss-6n-coms.861589/page-3#post-4886314
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-and-discuss-6n-coms.861589/page-7#post-4889490
https://www.namepros.com/threads/showcase-and-discuss-6n-coms.861589/page-8#post-4892579
... And see my other posts and statistics through that 6N thread and other numeric threads through the summer and into fall. There's a bunch of them.

We are just now starting to see this echo'd by many players in the domain industry via blog posts and newsletters. Things are indeed very very different from 5 months ago let alone 12 months ago.

Last edited:
•••
Can you guess next move of Chinese Domainers (including international domainers)? They will register all Chinese Premium 5L.coms... There are only 3.2 Million of them... ;) They have started registering special 5L patterns, when no special pattern will be left, they will start registering somewhat simple 5L patterns then some even less desirable 5L patterns and then one day someone will register all left... The way Chinese market is moving it's quite possible. Isn't it?

•••
I believe China will take over the moon and start their own internet

•••
I sold off all my llll.com (hundreds of them) this year, and put it all in 6n.com, bought up to 3540 of them. Sold 10 last week, average price $125, that is about 14x investment. Have offers on another 20 going right now as well. All were hang reg within the last 6 months. Where else can you make that ROI, IMO 6n.com are the best opportunity now. If I didn't have a wife to tell me to stop spending money on domains, I would buy up another 5,000,6n.com, "4 or no 4". Lot's of the younger Chinese investors don't care about "4", half my sales to them have "4" in them.

If you go to DNdigger.com, you can see the one's available, but list shrinks fast everyday and will be all gone maybe by this year. Ask the ? can you turn a $9 hand reg into a profit within the next year? My answer is 100% yes. For those who are one the fence, check Namebio. and the sales of the 6n.com, many selling over $200 already that were just hand reg in the last 3 months.

•••
I submitted and article for the blog section on numerics, should appear soon

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back