IT.COM

A tool like this can be useful?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DataSN

Established Member
Impact
A tool that monitors thousands of world news and industry news sites for the latest news and posts, such as general news, crypto news, finance news, technology news, etc., and that saves all the words and usage stats for trend tracking.

It will be much easier to track trendy new words from different industries or emerging niches or markets.

Is there any such tools that already exist?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm personally interested in such a tool!

•••
And what's gonna be the difference between such a tool and Google Trends?

•••
In general, they are called "social listening" a term that is used in Marketing ( Digital marketing to be specific ), Mainly used for Brands Reputation.

I think the one closest to your needs is a web app called Awario based on (Price and needs )
There are other tools, but most of these tools will require your tweaks in order to keep up with the trends before they became popular. < ( which is your case I guess to snap names/slogans, new words..etc that are going to be popular before others do)

Anyway, if you do not have a word in mind or industry to watch or you just want to keep up with trends Regardless if they have already been popular (at their peak ).. then Google Trends is the best tool for you.

•••
Trends is based on searches, the OP is describing Twitter basically. But Twitter only monitors activity within its platform.

A tool like you're describing, DataSN, I imagine might be a closely guarded secret because if modified for filtering for repetitive wordings or other criteria would be a powerful tool indeed.

Lots of stuff can originate from from a comment made on a video or image, or an original post via blog or social media. Some of this can take over a decade to gain traction and finally realize it's worth.

•••
I have a tool like that. Custom built. It's not commercial but only for internal use (because I am primarily in PE, equities, VC, etc.)

Here are SOME of the features I have built over the years:

- Created about 40 smart bots, picking up dark chatter - tracking social signals, info feeds, etc
- I aggregate data from about a 1000 news sources in finance, startups, crypto, etc
- I have a database and smart AI tracking over 5 million startups per day, and if something changes, the refresh rate is fast. Wishing 24 hours updated
- If the VC firm, PE firm, startup, or any other company does not exist in my database, I can add it and my bots will dig up all info and create a profile and I will have a basic profile within minutes, and after that it keeps tracking /updating the profile every 24hours.
- I track over 20K investors (angels)
- I also have the ability to cross reference data with other external tools or data acquired.
- It scrapes constantly new data

I never plan to take it commercially , I just combined plenty of sources I used before, and turned into a model I need (pitch book, Mattermark, Social analytics Omniture, etc)

•••
With a tool like Google trends, you have to know the keyword to see past trends.

With a tool of my idea, it lets you know what's trendy before you know it.

In general, they are called "social listening" a term that is used in Marketing ( Digital marketing to be specific ), Mainly used for Brands Reputation.

I think the one closest to your needs is a web app called Awario based on (Price and needs )
There are other tools, but most of these tools will require your tweaks in order to keep up with the trends before they became popular. < ( which is your case I guess to snap names/slogans, new words..etc that are going to be popular before others do)

Anyway, if you do not have a word in mind or industry to watch or you just want to keep up with trends Regardless if they have already been popular (at their peak ).. then Google Trends is the best tool for you.
Yes, Awario alike but the issue with such a tool is that you have to know the trend and keyword before using the tools to track them. It's not ideal in that you can miss truely new gems that you don't know at its sprout.

Trends is based on searches, the OP is describing Twitter basically. But Twitter only monitors activity within its platform.

A tool like you're describing, DataSN, I imagine might be a closely guarded secret because if modified for filtering for repetitive wordings or other criteria would be a powerful tool indeed.

Lots of stuff can originate from from a comment made on a video or image, or an original post via blog or social media. Some of this can take over a decade to gain traction and finally realize it's worth.
Yes, that's more like it! Most of the public tools available are for tracking not for discovering. I wonder if there are such tools that enable us to discover new trends as they happen in the instant, across multiple platforms?

I have a tool like that. Custom built. It's not commercial but only for internal use (because I am primarily in PE, equities, VC, etc.)

Here are SOME of the features I have built over the years:

- Created about 40 smart bots, picking up dark chatter - tracking social signals, info feeds, etc
- I aggregate data from about a 1000 news sources in finance, startups, crypto, etc
- I have a database and smart AI tracking over 5 million startups per day, and if something changes, the refresh rate is fast. Wishing 24 hours updated
- If the VC firm, PE firm, startup, or any other company does not exist in my database, I can add it and my bots will dig up all info and create a profile and I will have a basic profile within minutes, and after that it keeps tracking /updating the profile every 24hours.
- I track over 20K investors (angels)
- I also have the ability to cross reference data with other external tools or data acquired.
- It scrapes constantly new data

I never plan to take it commercially , I just combined plenty of sources I used before, and turned into a model I need (pitch book, Mattermark, Social analytics Omniture, etc)
You have some great information there! What you have built is truely impressive!

•••
I am currently developing such tool. What tech I am using required good specs of hardware. Wait for few months. You will see my words.

•••
Yes I do like such tools ..

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back