Dynadot

discuss About bitcoin.re.kr

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sambell

Established Member
Impact
I thought I was lucky and this morning I registered this domain through GoDaddy. But everytime I write this domain to my browser it comes like re.kr. Didn’t understand why. Isn’t it supposed to be official extension? It’s Korean domain. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
re.kr is a valid public suffix, and it's present on the public suffix list.

So far so good.

You're using Afternic's ns5/ns6 landers. It's Afternic that thinks that your domain is re.kr, while it's actually bitcoin.re.kr. See the redirects below. You have to contact Afternic support for this, and ask if it's possible to list *.re.kr domains on Afternic. It could be that Afternic doesn't support them, even though you were able to register the domain through GoDaddy.

Good luck.

1677347261744.png

Last edited:
•••
Tagging @James Iles here as well, he likes to be in the know of these things.

•••
Sedo has same problem too they are saying re.kr is invalid domain extension

•••
Okay, so at least you get an error while listing at Sedo.

But Sedo is not correct. It is a valid domain extension, because it's present on the public suffix list. Sedo has chosen that you cannot list these types of domains on their marketplace. A subtle difference.

Afternic should give such an error as well, while adding the domain to their marketplace. Or make it work so that you're able to list the domain.

Last edited:
•••
But I mean I listen first on sedo if you go to my domain now even nameservers haven’t changed yet. So it’s showing re.kr still hah

•••
The Afternic FAQ, section "What extensions do you support?" mentions .re.kr explicitly.

So this really is a glitch at Afternic that they should fix.

https://www.afternic.com/domain-help

1677448125075.png

Last edited:
•••
also don’t know why but I changed my name server 2 days ago it was on sedo but still looks on sedo and glitchy

•••
•••
Thanks for tagging me @Future Sensors, I'll look into it.
Thank you so much. I also changed my nameservers 2 days ago for afternic. But if you visit my page you’ll see it redirects to sedo and saying re.kr for sale, it’s not showing bitcoin.re.kr … strange.

•••
Thank you so much. I also changed my nameservers 2 days ago for afternic. But if you visit my page you’ll see it redirects to sedo and saying re.kr for sale, it’s not showing bitcoin.re.kr … strange.
At this moment, ns3/ns4 are the nameservers configured for your domain:

bitcoin.re.kr. 86400 IN NS ns3.afternic.com.
bitcoin.re.kr. 86400 IN NS ns4.afternic.com.

When visiting, I get the lander at Afternic as shown below, with the incorrect re.kr domain instead of bitcoin.re.kr.

If you're personnally still seeing a Sedo parked page, then this is probably due to your DNS cache still holding outdated info. This problem should resolve itself after a while.

However, the Afternic misrepresentation of your domain as shown below is not related to DNS. It's a problem internally at Afternic.

Visiting bitcoin.re.kr (from the Netherlands)

1677503952101.png

Last edited:
•••
Ah yes thank you. Yes afternic takeover domain now but yes it’s still looking like wrong domain. Hope they’ll fix it. Thank you again.

•••
Check the domain @sambell :)

Although I notice the lander does say the domain "may be for sale" - have you listed it correctly in your Afternic account?

•••

Although I notice the lander does say the domain "may be for sale" - have you listed it correctly in your Afternic account?
The domain name is now showing correctly, indeed.

1677517239742.png

Last edited:
•••

Ah thank you it’s fixed! (: I think I did it through GoDaddy but it was saying pending maybe I should do it again?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back