IT.COM

question Aftenic Floor Price Vs Reserve Price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Floor Price:
The floor price is the lowest acceptable sales price our sales executives can negotiate without seeking your approval. This price is not viewable to buyers.

Reserve Price:
The reserve price is the minimum price you will accept. This price is not viewable to buyers.

I wanted to list my domains on afternic with both BIN and make offer options. Now I am strugging with these two terms.
Both of them are absolute minimum prices I am willing to sell my domain for, arent they?

Moreover I highly doubt that if I give permission (floor price) to negotiate at a lower price, why a "sales executive" will negotiate manually on my behalf? Wont they automatically reject or accept the offer depending on my floor price met or not? Then how is it different to reserve price?

Please help folks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Floor price should be lesser than reserve price. The sales guy try to close the deal near to reserve price rather than floor price because it will get him extra commission for him and the company.

•••
It gives afternic sales team room to negotiate.
If someone calls to ask and they say the price is 2000$ and your floor price is 1500$ it would allow afternic to come down a little to make the sale.
Give the buyer 200$ off $2000 if they say yes. Maybe buyer only has 1500 in hand
The floor price is the lowest price you will take. No one knows but you and afternic
Everyone sees reserve, which is BIN

•••
I know this topic is getting older but maybe it could help people in the future. If i'm wrong, tell me. :xf.wink:

The floor price is the amount your Afternic sales executive can negotiate without contacting you for approval and to close the deal easily (and of course quicker).

In a certain way, you decide when you want to negociate by yourself with the potential buyer. It means that you have the opportunity to decide if you want or not that Afternic agents get involved in the negociation. It mainly applies with higher amounts of money.

To give you an example : 5000$ Buy Now. *3000$ Floor. *2500$ Reserve. 1000$ Minimum Offer.

If you don't want to negociate at all, of course put only a Buy Now Price with the same amount as the Make Offer option. Or if you don't want to get involved in the negociation process but you are quite flexible, the floor price could be the same of the minimum offer. But don't worry, your Afternic sale executive will do his job as a seller : he wants to sell higher as possible because of the commission he will receive in case. If you don't want Afternic to be involved at all, Buy Now Price should be the same as the Floor Price.

The reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept. Applicable especially in auctions.

Grosso modo, I think that the floor price should be higher than the reserve price.

This is how I see it. And this is how I use it. *not viewable to buyers.

•••
I know this topic is getting older but maybe it could help people in the future. If i'm wrong, tell me. :xf.wink:

The floor price is the amount your Afternic sales executive can negotiate without contacting you for approval and to close the deal easily (and of course quicker).

In a certain way, you decide when you want to negociate by yourself with the potential buyer. It means that you have the opportunity to decide if you want or not that Afternic agents get involved in the negociation. It mainly applies with higher amounts of money.

To give you an example : 5000$ Buy Now. *3000$ Floor. *2500$ Reserve. 1000$ Minimum Offer.

If you don't want to negociate at all, of course put only a Buy Now Price with the same amount as the Make Offer option. Or if you don't want to get involved in the negociation process but you are quite flexible, the floor price could be the same of the minimum offer. But don't worry, your Afternic sale executive will do his job as a seller : he wants to sell higher as possible because of the commission he will receive in case. If you don't want Afternic to be involved at all, Buy Now Price should be the same as the Floor Price.

The reserve price is the minimum price a seller is willing to accept. Applicable especially in auctions.

Grosso modo, I think that the floor price should be higher than the reserve price.

This is how I see it. And this is how I use it. *not viewable to buyers.
I'm starting with Afternic today.

So far, I see there only "Buy now", "Floor" and "Minimum" for the price setting.
You mentioned also "Reserve". Where is that? Maybe I'm missing something? :O

Thank you. ;)

•••
@Zoki
If you are not seeing this:
1651521620836.png

then, maybe, you are using another version of the interface (beta maybe?)

•••
@Zoki
If you are not seeing this:
Show attachment 215183

then, maybe, you are using another version of the interface (beta maybe?)
Hi Hypersot,

In fact, I saw this a hour later, but AFTER I added my (first) domains, that there appeared also another column, that's "Reserve". I was going to correct or delete my post then, but I forgot. :O
And here is what I saw in table (I had to add another domain, to get this menu again, where this "Reserve" column does NOT appear. Here is the screenshot (linked to Bublup, I don't know how to add the image in other way here, I hope it will work)..... in fact the Bublup link wasn't accepted either. :O :(
So how to add the image here into the post??

Anyway, as I learned later, the Floor price must be higher than the Minimum offer, otherwise it reports the error.
And about Reserve price, I set it as same at Minimum offer for one domain and then I left it blank for the other domains in my list. Did I do that right? Or I should set Reserve price too, because isn't that Minimum offer already enough?

Thank you for reply!

•••
@Zoki
I think you are making it more complicated that it really is :)

Just set a min. price that you are comfortable with and, if there is someone interested in your domain, be sure that Afternic's team will contact you for the details.

Personally, I completely ignore everything other than min.price and BIN.
min.price = when I want to be contacted and explain my price range to the marketplace broker
BIN = when I know exactly how much I want to sell the domain.
Anything else imo is just spending mental energy for small benefit.

Regarding the screenshot,
I use ShareX where it allows me to make a screenshot of any area that is shown in my screen. When I get the screenshot via ShareX, I then use 'Paste' to insert it in my message. That simple really.

Last edited:
•••
@Zoki
I think you are making it more complicated that it really is :)

Just set a min. price that you are comfortable with and, if there is someone interested in your domain, be sure that Afternic's team will contact you for the details.

Personally, I completely ignore everything other than min.price and BIN.
min.price = when I want to be contacted and explain my price range to the marketplace broker
BIN = when I know exactly how much I want to sell the domain.
Anything else imo is just spending mental energy for small benefit.

Regarding the screenshot,
I use ShareX where it allows me to make a screenshot of any area that is shown in my screen. When I get the screenshot via ShareX, I then use 'Paste' to insert it in my message. That simple really.
Hypersot,

Well, I set prices at Buy Now, Floor and Minimum Offer. So buyers can buy at fixed price or it's negotiated from Afternic above Floor and that I accept the deal at Minimum Offer.

ShareX, I use it too (in fact, screenshots go sometimes to ShareX folder and sometimes to somewhere else, depending on which software currently got into the power... :O
I tried also just to drag the pic from explorer folder into the post, it didn't work.

But I saw somewhere, that if you upgrade the membership at Namepros, that you get some more features, maybe also for posting the images too...

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back