Dynadot

Aftermarket.com - THE OFFICIAL THREAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Aftermarket

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the OFFICIAL Aftermarket.com thread!

Here, you can leave your comments, questions and anything else you wish to discuss regarding Aftermarket.com.

We will also be posting updates and information about our upcoming auctions on this thread so be sure to check back regularly.

We are looking forward to hearing from all of you!

Best,

Aftermarket.com

A Division of Thought Convergence, Inc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

Okay, today I just listed two domains that I wish to sell as a lot, with a low reserve ($250.00).

It says "under review." How do I verify ownership?

I had submitted the same domains last year, but pulled them because of frustrating technical problems with your system.

I have not received any email yet at my DomainTools acct email (and I have since changed my Whois email), so I was wondering how to verify.

Thanks!

•••
johnny6 said:
Still a little choppy, but I found the submission process this time aorund much easier, so good work there.

Request (unless I missed something, which is more than possible): Any way of next time having a way of entering all the reserves for all the domains submitted in one fell swoop? Entering each of them manually was a bit tedious. Not the end of the world, just a suggestion. Cheers.

**** Johnny6 - Thank you for the thoughtful feedback in regards to improving the interface. We truly appreciate users such as yourself who make helpful and quality suggestions that will benefit all users. We are currently looking at expanding the 'bulk add' feature to provide additional and easier ways to get domain and reserves added more efficiently. We hope to improve upon this feature later this year.

Ms Domainer said:

Okay, today I just listed two domains that I wish to sell as a lot, with a low reserve ($250.00).

It says "under review." How do I verify ownership?

I had submitted the same domains last year, but pulled them because of frustrating technical problems with your system.

I have not received any email yet at my DomainTools acct email (and I have since changed my Whois email), so I was wondering how to verify.

Thanks!

**** Ms Domainer - We have checked your account and the two submissions have been verified and are currently under review. Since these domains were previously submitted the system recognized that they had been verified previously.

As mentioned previously the selection committee will notify those participants whose domains have been chosen with additional event information, any reserve change suggestions and 'next' steps. The status for the chosen domains will also update to 'In auction'.

All others whose domains were not selected will be notified after the submission period ends on January 30 and the review process is completed. The status for these domains will remain as 'under review' for this event.

We truly appreciate your participation in the selection process.

Last edited:
•••
Aftermarket said:
**** Johnny6 - Thank you for the thoughtful feedback in regards to improving the interface. We truly appreciate users such as yourself who make helpful and quality suggestions that will benefit all users. We are currently looking at expanding the 'bulk add' feature to provide additional and easier ways to get domain and reserves added more efficiently. We hope to improve upon this feature later this year.

**** Ms Domainer - We have checked your account and the two submissions have been verified and are currently under review. Since these domains were previously submitted the system recognized that they had been verified previously.

As mentioned previously the selection committee will notify those participants whose domains have been chosen with additional event information, any reserve change suggestions and 'next' steps. The status for the chosen domains will also update to 'In auction'.

All others whose domains were not selected will be notified after the submission period ends on January 30 and the review process is completed. The status for these domains will remain as 'under review' for this event.

We truly appreciate your participation in the selection process.

Thanks!

•••
Thanks AM - I read the agreement and submitted a few names which are now 'under review' - how long does the review process normally take ?

•••
advaita said:
Thanks AM - I read the agreement and submitted a few names which are now 'under review' - how long does the review process normally take ?

**** Advaita - Thank you for participating. The submission process officially ended Friday January 30, 2009. Our Selection Committee began reviewing domain submissions on Friday January 16, 2009. The review process is entirely dependent on the final number of submissions that were submitted. We would expect that the list will start coming together this week and we will be notifying selectees accordingly. We also will keep adding additional information to our own blog at www.domaintools.com.

Please keep in mind that if any of your domains are chosen for the event, the selection committee will contact you directly and the status for that domain will update from 'Under Review' to 'In Auction'. All domains not chosen for the event will remain as 'Under Review' for this event.

•••
So the auction list will be published somewhere on the 13th? What time? Thx,

john

•••
johnny6 said:
So the auction list will be published somewhere on the 13th? What time? Thx,

john

**** Hello John! Thank you for your note. We expect that we will receive the final list on Friday morning from our Selection Committee and we will work to get the list posted to our Corporate Blog site: http://blog.domaintools.com/

Also those participants whose domains have been chosen will also be notified accordingly with additional event information, any necessary reserve change suggestions and 'next steps'. We truly have appreciated everyone's patience as our Selection Committee reviewed the thousands and thousands of domains we received during the submission process.

•••
Yesterday I got an email from Aftermarket.com saying "One of your domains is being seriously considered for the upcoming Aftermarket.com Live Auction." That was good news. But it also said "A reviewer has suggested that you change your reserve amount for the domain listed below." My listed reserve was $1,500 (well below what this domain should sell for). The suggested reserve was $0!

I'm reluctant to take the risk of offering a valuable domain with no reserve. In a case like that, what opening bid would the auctioneer try to solicit? How low would they go? And if I don't agree to a $0 reserve, will that hurt my chances of having this domain included in the live auction?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

P.S. On the auction page of the domainermardigras.com site, it says "The final auction catalog will be available for viewing on February 13, 2009 at blog.domaintools.com. Pre-bidding will also being February 13 at www.Aftermarket.com." [Of course "being" should be "begin". :) ] But the calendar farther down that page says "February 16, 2009: Final Auction Catalog Announced; Pre-Bidding Begins Online". Which is correct - the 13th or 16th?

Last edited:
•••
randomo said:
Yesterday I got an email from Aftermarket.com saying "One of your domains is being seriously considered for the upcoming Aftermarket.com Live Auction." That was good news. But it also said "A reviewer has suggested that you change your reserve amount for the domain listed below." My listed reserve was $1,500 (well below what this domain should sell for). The suggested reserve was $0!

I'm reluctant to take the risk of offering a valuable domain with no reserve. In a case like that, what opening bid would the auctioneer try to solicit? How low would they go? And if I don't agree to a $0 reserve, will that hurt my chances of having this domain included in the live auction?

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

P.S. On the auction page of the domainermardigras.com site, it says "The final auction catalog will be available for viewing on February 13, 2009 at blog.domaintools.com. Pre-bidding will also being February 13 at www.Aftermarket.com." [Of course "being" should be "begin". :) ] But the calendar farther down that page says "February 16, 2009: Final Auction Catalog Announced; Pre-Bidding Begins Online". Which is correct - the 13th or 16th?

**** Randomo - We would be more than happy to address these questions off post. Responding directly to the email you received will ensure that it is channeled directly to the Selection Committee.

Unfortunately we have had a slight delay in finalizing the catalog for Domainer Mardi Gras. The information stating Monday, February 16, 2009, is now the target date for publication of the final catalog and the beginning of silent bidding. We apologize to everyone for the delay.

Last edited:
•••
Aftermarket said:
Unfortunately we have had a slight delay in finalizing the catalog for Domainer Mardi Gras. The information stating Monday, February 16, 2009, is now the target date for publication of the final catalog and the beginning of silent bidding. We apologize to everyone for the delay.

:hi:

What time will the final list be published (including link)? :gl:

PS. Will "Under Review" remain the status ... for those domains were not selected? :red:

Thank you and all the best,
-Jeff B-)

•••
Knock. Knock. :red: :blink:

•••
Just received an email that none of my domains were selected :(

And that they only could select 50 for the auction catalog.

Only 50??? That was my initial reaction! I actually thought this was going to be a major domain auction....alas. :(

•••
The list of domains accepted for the live auction can be found here. (One is mine.) :)

•••
Despite having some prime estate, I was rejected in favor of such amazing deals as

Showmeyourboobs.com
and
BusinessProblem.com

Sometimes one must wonder who runs such things.

•••
Wire said:
Despite having some prime estate, I was rejected in favor of such amazing deals as

Showmeyourboobs.com
and
BusinessProblem.com

Sometimes one must wonder who runs such things.

Please post your prime real estate that was rejected.
BTW both of these domains sold.

•••
The Aftermarket.com Afterparty ends today! There are great deals still available - Mahogany.com, Credenzas.com plus 10 others added for the Afterparty like CozumelIsland.com, Music365.com, HealthyMenu.com. The full list is available in the auction catalog (http://www.domaintools.com/domain-auctions/live/domainer-mardi-gras)

Also, for all of the Afterparty sales, $100 will be donated to Habitat for Humanity-New Orleans. We raised over $1000 at the live auction for the cause and want to double our donation to them. Help us support the efforts in New Orleans!

4:00PM CST - TODAY - is the ending party! Don't miss out! check the blog (http://blog.domaintools.com) for additional information.

Thanks!

•••
I wonder whether this is fair.

I had a proxy bid in on one of the Aftermarket domains. The current bid (mine) was $110, and my proxy was set at $215.

The auctioneer was fishing for a $150 bid and didn't get it ... but they dropped to $125 and did get a bid.

Now, since that $125 bid beat my $110 bid, that implies that the bid increment at that moment was $15. But my proxy bid wasn't taken up to $140; instead, it instantly went up to the full $215.

Am I the only one who thinks that's strange? If my proxy bid had to be taken $90 above the other guy's bid, why did he only have to beat my previous bid by $15?

(After getting his toe in the water, the other bidder kept at it, and the domain eventually went for $350 ... but I had the feeling nobody was going to make the $150 bid, which would have given me the domain for $110. So I'm kinda frustrated.)

•••
randomo said:
I wonder whether this is fair.

I had a proxy bid in on one of the Aftermarket domains. The current bid (mine) was $110, and my proxy was set at $215.

The auctioneer was fishing for a $150 bid and didn't get it ... but they dropped to $125 and did get a bid.

Now, since that $125 bid beat my $110 bid, that implies that the bid increment at that moment was $15. But my proxy bid wasn't taken up to $140; instead, it instantly went up to the full $215.

Am I the only one who thinks that's strange? If my proxy bid had to be taken $90 above the other guy's bid, why did he only have to beat my previous bid by $15?

(After getting his toe in the water, the other bidder kept at it, and the domain eventually went for $350 ... but I had the feeling nobody was going to make the $150 bid, which would have given me the domain for $110. So I'm kinda frustrated.)

Hi Randomo,
I can understand why it may look peculiar. We can try & explain the scenario:

You had bid in at $110
House asked $125 & was accepted by another bidder
The system bid on your half to the increments you agreed to when setting proxy ($125 + $100 increment = $225 - but your proxy limit was $215, thus that is the bid)
House asked for $250 and another buyer accepted

Does that make sense?
Aftermarket team

•••
What I don't get is why live bids can use a much smaller increment than proxy bids. That seems unfair.

If the auctioneer accepts a smaller bid increment from a live bidder, then the proxy bidder's bid should be raised by that same amount. Otherwise, the live bidder has a huge advantage, and proxy bidders will be discouraged.

•••
randomo said:
What I don't get is why live bids can use a much smaller increment than proxy bids. That seems unfair.

If the auctioneer accepts a smaller bid increment from a live bidder, then the proxy bidder's bid should be raised by that same amount. Otherwise, the live bidder has a huge advantage, and proxy bidders will be discouraged.

During any auctions' "live" phase, the auctioneer controls the bid increments. This is done in all live performances be it online or in person. It can seem as an advantage as far as possibly able to get a good deal. At the same time, disadvantage because you have to pay attention. Many bidders know what their "top" is, set a proxy to that and then walk away. That way they are not committed to a time period to monitor activity.

•••
I understand what you are saying, but I still think the proxy bid should only be raised by the same increment as the last live bid. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

•••
Anybody having trouble with the interface? I'm trying to see the Geo catalog and bid, but it just keeps saying "Please wait" and never loads. Doesn't do it when I'm logged out, but that doesn't do me much good.

Fails in FF 3.0.8 and IE8.

•••
Michael said:
Anybody having trouble with the interface? I'm trying to see the Geo catalog and bid, but it just keeps saying "Please wait" and never loads. Doesn't do it when I'm logged out, but that doesn't do me much good.

Fails in FF 3.0.8 and IE8.

im having the same error. cant get it to work. i even changed the bwoser nad checked

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back