Domain Empire

Afternic...the inextricable mystery...and DNS too actually

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Now...I promise...I swear... I tried my best to work Afternic out....but I couldn't..

I don't know if I should blame the " sliding website " which gives me motion sickness every time or the unfriendly uneasy unhandy un un un un ...interface not to mention the ineffective filters and that changes must be done domain by domain...really...I am crying out for help!!!!!!!

I have always received offers from Sedo but NOTHING has ever happened in the Afternic Jungle so could you guys please open your toolbox full of magic tricks and help me out?

Why do I have to set a minimum offer of 250$ for example? This is just one of the 3 zillion questions I have..

Thanks to all of you pros..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great!!!!...now GoDaddy slides too....OMG

•••
I agree. I have sold names via GoDaddy Premium, Sedo, & GoDaddy auctions. But I have never ever sold a name via Afternic. I just can't understand it. Not one. Is there some trick to Afternic?

•••
Ditto. Zilch on Afternic. On the other hand, I'm not sure what the "sliding" comment is about. :D

•••
For what it is worth I have sold 5 domains via afternic all at BIN prices. I think it is the clientele who ae looking for the domains. Also 2 of the 5 were from the same "broker" . My sedo offers are very few and also no more then the fist $60

•••
On the other hand, I'm not sure what the "sliding" comment is about. :D

Watch and learn.

michael-jackson-moonwalk-1373308464.gif

•••
Watch and learn.

michael-jackson-moonwalk-1373308464.gif

LMAO...thanks for explaining what my words couldn't!

So...no one has been really successful with Afternic then. Could those who sold something tell me the kind of names? If you say it's a different kind of clientele can you tell me if they are looking for brandables, EMDs...:'(:'(:'(

•••
Watch and learn.

Thanks. I've seen the afternic site tons of times, but somehow I missed that. Obviously I'm not detail oriented. :)

•••
Thanks. I've seen the afternic site tons of times, but somehow I missed that. Obviously I'm not detail oriented. :)

Clearly you don't have motion sickness....good for you!

•••
•••
Backpedaling. The perfect synonym for domaining.

•••
Doesn't motion sickness require actual motion? :P

Good point...Virtual Motion Sickness then!!!

But seriously..can someone share and help?

•••
Great!!!!...now GoDaddy slides too....OMG

unfortunately they make everything 'sliding' nowdays , lots of sites with good old interfaces switch to this new style. Some of them also choose the colourless (ie. shades of gray) templates instead of the older colourful ones.

I always thought they were trying to copy google's interface (sliding menus etc.) or maybe that way they're more tablet friendly but I seriously dislike this new trend

•••
Glad to know I'm not alone. I hate their site and domains listed on sedo are no longer gonna show up on godaddy so any help would be great. Why are there so many pricing options? Floor, Bin, Min bid what the heck? :-/

•••
Didn't DNS partner with GoDaddy too? So maybe having them with DNS will allow them to be seen on GD?
The need of working the site out for me comes from the same reason too. I would like my names to be seen on GD too..

•••
maybe I really haven't used DNS for a while to know

•••
Ive had more success with Afternic than GD or Sedo, and the sales prices have usually been a lot higher with Afternic, it doesn't have the usual low $60 Sedo offers

•••
Could it be that Afternic draws more business people and Sedo is more popular amongst the domainer crowd? I don't know, just taking a guess here :-/

•••
Ive had more success with Afternic than GD or Sedo, and the sales prices have usually been a lot higher with Afternic, it doesn't have the usual low $60 Sedo offers

Good! can you tell me what kind of names and if you set a BIN or a " make an offer " ?
In your experience what kind of buyers tend to use Afternic?
Thanks

•••
GoDaddy + Afternic = <3

I think Afternic's parking pages and website design look much more attractive to potential buyers than Sedo's.

•••
You might be right RU but i am not parked with them. I am with DNS and desperately trying to finf the frigging link to my portfolio!!!! Couldn't people make their websites a bit easier to use???

So now if someone can help with DNS it would be very appreciated!

•••
I think Afternic's parking pages and website design look much more attractive to potential buyers than Sedo's.

exactly the reason I have most of my domains for sale there

but as photon correctly said, they have a very clunky interface and the $250 min bid is a bit restrictive for cheaper domains
especially if one decides to upgrade a domain to its premier status that goes along with a minimum of $120 or 20% commission

•••
Can someone write down one of their names parked with Afternic so I can see myself the parked page?

---- in the meantime I will keep body searching DNS for the holy link...heeeeeeelp! ----

•••
Can someone write down one of their names parked with Afternic so I can see myself the parked page?

---- in the meantime I will keep body searching DNS for the holy link...heeeeeeelp! ----

just a random name off my portfolio

ecobagi / com

•••
Did you see the selling page of DNS...really really impressive!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back