Domain Empire

Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have no domains parked there.

Is it worth the yearly renewal fee of $20 ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's worth it if you intend to list your domains for sale there.

•••
I've renewed my account with them once so-far but I don't think I'm going to renew this year..

•••
not worth the money, I may not renew it next time

•••
For once in my life I decided not to be such a cheapskate and forked out the $20 for the Afternic listing service. Now I know why I am such a cheapskate - 'cause flushing money down the pan is not a nice feeling !
I have about 70 names listed with Afternic and so far have had 0 interest - I've been with them around 5 months so maybe they will improve - but frankly I can't see what they do for their $20 apart from allow to list some names on their site !
If nothing happens between now and renewal time I won't be renewing.

•••
Have Afternic pulled their PPC earning scheme?

•••
advaita said:
I have about 70 names listed with Afternic and so far have had 0 interest - I've been with them around 5 months so maybe they will improve

ditto.

some names get a fair amount of views too but no bites. not even getting any lowball offers lol

•••
register'ed last year, did NOT renew this year. (not worth the annual fee imho)

(should have deleted all names there, now there are offers from afternic, but can't access my account.)

•••
I am a current afternic member, and the $20 is no big deal. Sheesh, I spend many times that on a typical domain shopping day, and I suppose most others do too. I was with Afternic several years ago, then quit since it seemed to be a crappy place to sell. I am not entirely sure why I started up again last year. I tried listing a few names and then got bored and pulled them. The forum there is much better than it was several years ago, although still light years behind NP.

I have met some great people there though. One of them convinced me that selling high quality names is just bad business (he is also a member here). The crowd is friendly and helpful there.

Marc

•••
I have been a member at Afternic for 3 years, I have made some nice deal purchases from them, It's worth the small $20 fee, Imo

•••
If you have to even think about whether its worth is to spend $20 for a 1 year membership then maybe domaining isnt the right business for you. $20 is pocket change. You shouldnt even have to think about it. It costs more than that to buy a dinner somewhere or to go to a movie and get a popcorn. Even a cover charge for a bar is $20. I buy a bunch of names on afternic and its definitely worth the $20 to be able to buy and sell for a whole year.

•••
If you like Afternic service and use them alot. Or you receive good sales on Afternic, than yes the fee is fine. But if Afternic isn't working for you or you are not satisfied than you should look at all your options.
IMO it doesn't matter how much money you have, if you are spending $20 on something that you are getting no use from at all than you are wasting money and that's never good business. Just make sure you weigh your options.

•••
Yes I agree with GG - it's not the $20, it's the fact that someone is charging you for something that serves no purpose - I list with Sedo as well, it costs nothing but so far has been equally as 'useful' . Afternic are very good on hype and teling you how your domains will be advertiied throughout the known universe, and gain maximum exposure to everyone who is anyone etc... but I haven't seen any results so far - hopefully I will one day have to leave a message to the contrary and certainly one sale would make the investment (in both time and money worthwhile) but I remain sceptical

•••
domainsusi said:
Is it worth the yearly renewal fee of $20 ??

I didn't have much of success there. You can probably give it a try if you have premium names or good 2 word names.

•••
I've been using Sedo / Afternic for listing my domains for 2-3 years. At first I had about 5 times plus more success on Afternic than on Sedo. Although I would say Sedo have been catching up in the last year. Personally, I'd say it's worth the $20 because you can make that back on your first sale.

•••
I have an account there. It's really a crap shoot. I spent a year with domains listed there and didn't get a single offer and hardly any views. My membership was about to expire and out of nowhere I get a nice low $x,xxx sale for a domain I picked up for $7 :)

So I figured $20 wasn't bad... But then again, another year has almost gone by and I've had absolutely no interest at all. And I think the quality of my names has improved tremendously since I renewed... I have one name that gets about 20 views a month, and the others get maybe 1-3.. But havent gotten any offers at all :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back