NameSilo

AfternicDLS Discussion Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Lots of new things going on at Afternic these days .... a major site release .... new DLS distribution Partners being added every week .... a new Referral Program that pays domainers (one seller earned $1,700 last week alone!) .... daily updates on Twitter .....

Lets hear your thoughts -

What do you like? Where can we improve?

Your voice matters to us.

All the best and good selling,

Pete Lamson

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could improve by selling one of the domains I listed with DLS :)

•••
You could improve by selling one of the domains I listed with DLS :)

Our goals are perfectly aligned then.

We recently posted a "Did you know" series of sales tips on the AfternicDLS Blog designed to help sellers sell more effectively.

Visit www.afternicblog.com to see this.

Also - if your names are listed through Expanded or Premium Promotion, you may want to consult with your assigned sales executive to strategize on how to best sell your names (if you do not know their name, PM me and I will send it to you).

Hope this helps.

Pete

•••
Note that within one's account the secondary category is showing with no reference to the top-level category.

•••
Note that within one's account the secondary category is showing with no reference to the top-level category.

Thanks Garp!

Passed along -

•••
Thread re-appears! We were looking for this one earlier this week. Thanks for the pm Pete - I am still awaiting contact from my sales executive.

Cheers

•••
Suggest holding focussed domain auctions - cars, real estate, videos..

•••
This may already be in process but the former functionality of making mass price changes is still missing.

•••
All - thanks for the feedback & responses - keep them coming. I am glad the thread reappeared - kudos to NamePros for getting this squared away.

Responses to your responses below:

NiceDomains - we will reach out ASAP. Should be today. If for some reason this does not happen, by tomorrow (it will) feel free to PM me.

DN Property - interesting idea. We will look into this - your idea is literally now on the white board in my office. Will discuss Thursday in our Product Meeting.

GarpTrader - yes, you are correct - mass pricing changes will be enabled shortly. Hopefully in the 6/17 release. If not then, will be mid July.

Thanks again - your feedback matters to us and is greatly appreciated.

Pete

•••
nicedomains, we'd be happy to help you...

Hello,

Tim Bonehill, customer service director at Afternic. I'd be happy to have a sales rep reach out to you and help you with your names. Would you be able to provide your username we have on file? If you prefer to send it to my email you can send it to [email protected].

Regards,

Tim.

•••
Afternic Update

Hello everyone,

Sarah Ptalis here from Afternic. There have been some great discussions on the Afternic Upgrade and I wanted to keep everyone informed on some fixes we have been making:

1. Domain Statistics; view visits, bids, and watched users across entire portfolio
Take a look through My Afternic >> https://my.afternic.com/members/domain-statistics.php

2. View more than 25 domains in "My Domains"; 25, 50, 100, etc.
This is being added to other places, Listing Upgrade, Move to Registrar, Promotion Upgrade, etc. for a
release scheduled next week.

3. Filter by Listing Status through "My Domains"

4. Column Sorting bug through "My Domains"

5. Pagination bug when using the quick filter links (letters, e.g. "S")

6. Advanced search - search all categories

Thank you.

If there is an update you are looking for, please submit a post here. Our team is working to make more improvements over the coming weeks. Check back here for more announcements.

•••
Low-cost quality names available at Afternic!

If you need a lower cost alternative for a quality domain name, look no further. On Afternic.com Auctions we offer great premium domains at prices accessible for every business and budget through our auction platform.

With hundreds of new expiry names being added daily, we have an incredible selection of names to choose from. Our easy and simple tools make using our auction platform easy and safe. Find a name you like? Just place a bid on an expiring domain up until 24 hours before the auction begins.

Get a name that fits your budget from our expiry inventory. We'll help you stay informed on names that meet your needs by subscribing to our RSS feed of newly added and closing soon auctions.

Quality names such as:

cleanmymess.com
lottopickers.net
biscuitdips.com
everydayenergy.net
runwaygossip.com
capitalmarketdata.com
joinpage.net
ezygreencard.com
capelounge.com
fridgerentals.com
backpackersmarket.com
talkingaboutmy.com
tokyorooms.net
southeastaustralia.net
eco-development.com
raisingcapitaltoday.com
love-london.net
livestockhealth.net
hollywoodhillsartist.com
taxfreebuyer.com
uschildhealth.net
propagander.net
australiannationals.com
whywastefood.com

•••
BuyDomains Referral Program - $1,700 referral fee just paid

BuyDomains’ new Referral Program is proving to be of benefit for domain buyers, sellers and Referral Program participants.

A6.com recently sold through the program for $34,000

A few details on the A6.com sale:

• A6.com was listed for sales on AfternicDLS using the company’s “Expanded Promotion” sales level which insured the domain would be promoted on Afternic, BuyDomains, the global DLS network of resellers and the BuyDomains Referral program
• A6.com was purchased through the BuyDomains Referral Program by a referrer in Ireland, and to a buyer in Hong Kong – an example of the global demand for business focused domain names
• The A6.com referring member was Y3.com who received a 5% commission, or US $1,700 for their referral

As a result of the BuyDomains Referral Program, the domain seller, buyer and referring member all benefited.

Desmond Ho of Y3.com stated,

“We would like to thank BuyDomains.com's Referral Program which has created several opportunities to begin our mutual relationship into working together towards success.

We run many projects, Y3.com - Free Flash Games - Play Your Favorite Game Online Right Now! being one of them - an Entertainment/Gaming related website focusing on providing free Online Games to tens of millions of users every week. Check out our BuyDomains Referral Program widget on Webmasters FLASH - Play Free Flash Games Online at Y3.com Y3.com - Free Flash Games - Play Your Favorite Game Online Right Now!

We are having great success with the Referral Program as we recently assisted a client with the purchase of A6.com, a $34,000 domain.

Many thanks to the BuyDomains.com team for working with us, and being tremendously helpful in getting us up and running.”

To learn more, or become a member of the BuyDomains Referral Program, please visit or call:

Affiliate Domain Name Search Widgets at BuyDomains.com :: Make Money by Joining the Largest Premium Domain Provider.
• US: 1 866-866-2700
• International: +1 781-839-7903

•••
One note on the domain statistics for domain views - this statistic only shows for the domains on the page rather than for the entire account. One can change the number of domains to 100 for example and sort the list to show the domains which seem to be attracting the most interest but again the statistic is only for those (100) domains. I could not determine how to sort this statistic for the entire account. So one has to page through each 100 domains to gauge where the most interest lies. I realize that most of these offer page views are probably other domainers but you never know where an offer may come from.

•••
Why are you not promoting the Bazaar ?

•••
Equity78:

Great question. We have focused our Afternic relaunch efforts on the functionality and services that have the greatest levels of member demand and usage. And while there certainly are a number of our members who enjoy the Afternic Bazaar, its usage has softened over the course of the past few years.

So - while the Bazaar remains a functioning component of our marketplace product suite, we are concentrating our product development in areas which are seeing the highest member usage.

I hope this answers your question,

Pete

•••
garptrader:

If I am understanding your question correctly, you want to be able to sort number of views ascending or descending for your entire portfolio. You can simply click the column label to do that and it will sort your entire portfolio, this is not limited to the names you are viewing on that page.

Please let me know if I misunderstood or there is still an issue.

Thank you for your post.

•••
Hello,

Tim Bonehill, customer service director at Afternic. I'd be happy to have a sales rep reach out to you and help you with your names. Would you be able to provide your username we have on file? If you prefer to send it to my email you can send it to [email protected].

Regards,

Tim.
sent my username to you via pm here and via email.. no response.

Seems like this thread and these afternic 'employees' signing up to correspond with people here is more of a PR or marketing ploy than a real reach out to domainers...

•••
I chedked again but sorting only allows one to see the offer page views for the domains on that page with the maximum being 100 domains. For domainers with hundreds of domains, one cannot instantly see which domains have the most interested parties. However I recall before I used to have a few hundred domains with at least one window shopper but offers were still rare.

•••
NiceDomains:

Thanks for your comment - it is important that we hear all feedback, whether it is positive or constructive criticism.

I was the person who started this thread, and it was done so in an attempt to reach out to domain with the intention of promoting an honest and candid back and forth dialogue.

If this is not a great way to accomplish the objective, do you have a suggestion on how we might do so?

We are all ears - the only goal of this thread is to learn more about domain investors needs and wants, and help you understand how we are responding to these requests. I cannot promise that every request will be accomodated ... but we will take every suggestion seriously.

And this initiative certainly will include sharing news on Afternic ... which I hope that this is not construed as being a PR effort. We are simply trying to keep you informed of our latest developments, which oftne are in response to your feedback

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Pete

•••
•••
Hello everyone,

We are continuing to work on the known bugs and planned enhancements for Afternic. Yesterday we had a maintenance release.

One improvement that went out that has been mentioned here is the ability to view more than 25 listings per page when managing your listing. This is now available for the following pages:

1. My Domains - manage your listings here
2. My Groups - create sub-portfolios to make it easier to manage your listings
3. Update Promotion Level - change your promotion level to find the right fit for your listings
4. Update Listing Status - upgrade to Homepage or Category placement to increase your listing exposure
5. Move to Registrar - move to NSI if you want to participate in Premium Promotion

This feature is available when you are viewing all listings or filtering your listings by status, keyword, or shortcut links.

We are continuing to make enhancements. Please check back here for more updates or start a new discussion!

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

garptrader,

I understand what you are referring to now. Sorry for misunderstanding. We are working to get that enhanced.

In addition, we have had discussions on how our sellers might leverage these statistics to price their listings. Would you find this helpful? I would be interested in getting your feedback on how you use this data and if there are any other data points you would be interested in using.

Thanks and look forward to your reply.

•••

Hi Pete,

First off, it's good to see Afternic working on improving. My sales have actually started doing better on Afternic than on Sedo for the first time in a very long time, and I'm glad for that as I've always thought the sales process has been smooth and in general as long as the buyer pays, everything goes well.

I have one question: I did not see any indication through looking on various pages on Afternic about Premium Promotion that the domain would need to be moved to Network Solutions to take advantage of it, but now having moved most of my portfolio to Premium promotion, it's saying the listings are approved and that now I would need to move them over to Network Solutions. If that's necessary for taking advantage of that promotion level, why not mention it clearly somewhere on the many pages showing Premium Promotion's benefits and requirements? As it is, it was only apparent that it was like an improved Expanded Promotion but only for .com, .net, .org, and .biz.

Will there perhaps be more registrars available to utilize for that promotion sometime in the future?

•••
You are 100% correct Steve, was just on and see the same, Congrats BostonTool qualifies just move to Network Solutions, I would not move to Network Solutions if you paid me for the move. Promotion should tell people they need to move the domain to Network Solutions for the promotion.

•••
In regard to the offer page views, one can assume that price is a factor potential buyers use to filter domains. If your domain has noone looking at it, perhaps price is the issue. On the other hand, a high-level of interest may mean it is underpriced.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back