Domain Empire

question AI or .AI

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sathyam

Established Member
Impact
With the ever moving dynamics in the Technology space, the way domain names and the extensions used are also changing drastically. It all started with .Com and .Net and then we had one for .ORG and when Internet expanded we started having country extensions. I still remember my first email ID in Yahoo is by default created with .co.uk even though I created from India, because in those days I heard that .co.uk is assigned based on the available server which I am not sure. Now we are hearing lots of news on how new extensions are created on need basis and some of the big players creating to shield their business and not want to spend more on acquiring the existing one.

In such dynamics we see .AI which is actually a country specific extension is now being used for Artificial Intelligence. Few weeks back I booked RelativityAI.com considering the technical aspect of it. When I was searching for my domain name on google, I saw the first appearing domain name is Relativity.AI. I also found the domain is created couple of weeks before I created my domain which is just a coincidence.

With this can we consider that the domain names that we create with AI+ or +AI are gonna be ignored and customers are going to adapt to .AI. What are your thought?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
.Com is the king but .ai is also been picked up by large companies.

•••
.Com is the king but .ai is also been picked up by large companies.

True most of the new AI startups have opted for .AI domains. But still .COM would be king/queen for the timebeing

•••
People should never underestimate the risk of building and running a business on a cc domain without having country residential status. Startup investors and management should pay attention to this matter!

•••
People should never underestimate the risk of building and running a business on a cc domain without having country residential status. Startup investors and management should pay attention to this matter!

Well said...some day owner of .IO can file a litigation on the usage of its extension and the unavailability of it for their use....Having said that these domains have no limitations as of now.....like we have for .Ca, .us etc

•••
•••
•••
com also king,but a same and good prefix,com too expensive,.ai is the best choice!

such as train.com maybe need 2000k usd,but train.ai only 20k usd,a startup choose which one?

•••
•••
Companies which have big budgets will have no problem getting the .com domain they desire. AI will be a good alternative for startups that have limited budget or domain investors.

•••
Companies which have big budgets will have no problem getting the .com domain they desire. AI will be a good alternative for startups that have limited budget or domain investors.
Wrong. .com narrative chasers will always see what they want to see.

Google "crowdcare rebrand" I have posted countless other examples in the AI thread.

Whichever domainer blogger you read from, They don't own an AI business so listening to their 100 year-old .com narrative, will yield you no more than a barrel of monkey nuts.

•••
if people can buy a .ai in relatively low price while the name is really u desired(compare with its .com version) , why not try .ai? I think single word.ai is much much better than a ugly .com if the startup company choose smartly (while don't have huge budget)...same as .io...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back