Watch

TimothyS

Established Member
Impact
Guys, please pay close attention to the malicious hijacker/scammer:

Shiran Pahima , Louisiana (Baton Rouge Area), USA
Email & Escrow Account: [email protected]

39B797AB-F77C-4486-A85C-0896EB38F900.png

We've made a transaction with her for the domain name: SJW.COM for 41K net via Escrow.com in March and Godaddy removed the domain SJW.COM from our account just 4 days later due to the domain SJW.COM is a fuxking stolen domain and the original holder was acquired it back from our account. Apparently we lost the cash and transaction fees for such a malicious transaction with this scumbag. She is disappeared after we suffered the loss. no mails, no calls.

She is selling some names recently like YIG.COM. please pay attention to her domain list.

We are taking legal actions to against this scumbag and acquired some information about her. Anyone who have her information please kindly help us, we will get you paid on this. We will make her suffer.

One more thing wanna let you guys know is : Contact the former holder and get confirmed before you trade a valuable domain.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PS -- someone has to hold the big players' (SEDO, for one) feet to the fire. IMHO.

•••
Ok, now I have an inquiry from Yoshihiko aka "domain broker," wanting a certificate from a third party agency (as yet unknown) for a client offering upwards of $15K for a site I own listed on Sedo for $2k. I've read almost identically worded inquiries online with different "handles," i.e. "domain lawyer."
Rather than (continuing to) highjack this thread-- where should I post this question and details?

Ignore it as this is the domain appraisal scam. Also why would someone want to pay more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Escrow should have a 30 day cooling period for high net worth transactions before funds and domains are transferred. 30 days is sufficient time to unearth scams such as these.

Why won't Escrow implement this? It's a no-brainer.

•••
Escrow should have a 30 day cooling period for high net worth transactions before funds and domains are transferred. 30 days is sufficient time to unearth scams such as these.

Because all vendors would choose a different platform to transact on. No legitimate seller will take kindly to having their funds withheld like that.

Last edited:
•••
Because all vendors would choose a different platform to transact on. No legitimate seller will take kindly to having their funds withheld like that.

Of course, this will be a choice offered to both buyer and seller. Does it make sense now?

•••
Because due diligence has to take place before a sale is made. It's very hard to undo a transaction after money has changed hands.

•••
Because due diligence has to take place before a sale is made. It's very hard to undo a transaction after money has changed hands.

Kate, how will money change hands during a cooling period? The money and domain, both, remain in Escrow. As I stated earlier, this option has to be with the consent of the buyer and seller. 30 days wait time (for big ticket transactions) is not a lot to ask for especially when unsold domains remain with the owner for years on end.

Added - You're right about due diligence taking place before a sale is made as well. I was merely making a suggestion. Feel bad for the person who lost money.

Last edited:
•••
What is this going to change ?
With escrow.com, the length of the inspection period can already be set to 30 days if both parties agree.

OTOH I don't think sellers would be happy with a 30-day hold on remittance of the funds. Escrow is already painful enough with the new identification requirements.

If the domain name is stolen, using escrow doesn't guarantee your future ownership rights even though you bought it in good faith. You have to do due diligence before.

•••
How to prevent this from happening again? should Escrow add another layer of security by verifying the domain ownership like they carefully verify everything related to payment! should the registrar be involved in the process ?

•••
I was the buyer of YIG.com.

Sedo still have my funds and seller still has domain (it was locked for 2 months)

I forwarded them to this thread. Sedo don't care and still want to go ahead!

++++

"Thank you for the update. We certainly understand your concerns but this is a matter that happened outside of Sedo and is regarding a different domain. We have followed up with the seller and they have done all actions requested of them to show they own and have the rights to the domain for this transaction.

Unfortunately we are not able to speak on matters outside of our process. So far the seller has complied and even left the privacy setting off the domain to show their ownership since we asked them to do so. If there was an issue with another domain it does not mean that there is an issue with this domain. As far as we can tell the seller has the right to own and sell the domain. We hope this has helped. "
Sorry to hear that. That might be the reason why we want YIG.COM and she is refused.

She is selling the YIG.COM to my partner James Booth for 14K and he stoped due to what we suffered.

She is still selling and just sold 145666.com to a China buyer. We gotta smoke this scumbag out. We are taking serious actions to her by our branch company in US.

•••
You might be missing my point. Nearly anyone in any country can buy a domain but should I get screwed by eg: I am in Australia and try to sue someone in a random country eg: somewhere in Eastern Europe all the money and lawsuits won't make him suffer just screwed up dismissed thrown in bin as the law isn't world law and doesn't include them and there will be nothing more done about it other than throwing more money away. The info you have looks pretty bogus to start.
Thank you sir.

It's cool that we trade the domain via escrow by company, not a personal account. We have branch company in US will do the local action.

She is a native US citizen as we confirmed. So no worries, it's just a matter of time and money, and money isn't a problem to a listing company. We need justice, She is playing us like a fool.

We are taking action to Escrow and GoDaddy to get a copy of identified files of her and will expose the whole information to network/domain communities and major newspapers, and legal actions will be processed too.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back