NameSilo

status-review Domain sold on NamePros but buyer asked a refund after push

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I sold a LLL.net on Namepros days ago on this forum. The buyer did not appear until 10 days after he won the aution.
He/she paid via paypal and I pushed the domain to the account he/she provided in Namecheap.

Paypal sent me an email a few days later:

You have received a case
What's happening with this case?
Your buyer has filed a chargeback with their card issuer for the following reason:
The buyer stated that they did not make this purchase.

Until this case is closed, we have put a temporary hold on the transaction amount.
I printed the email Namecheap sent to me after the successful push and also the DM between me and the buyer, then sent them to Paypal.

Paypal did not buy me evidence and said:

Case update

One of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. This means the buyer has asked their financial institution to reverse the money for this transaction.

We're disputing this case with your buyer's card issuer. We'll email you again if we need more information from you to help us with this case.

$XXX USD has been debited from your PayPal account because of the following reason(s):

*****(Salmon's remark: Case ID, transaction ID, names, etc.)
  • We recieved invalid proof of fulfillment for intangible item.

We have charged you a Dispute Fee of $8.00 USD, since your account was categorized into Standard Dispute Fee tier when this dispute was filed.

For more details about the Dispute Fee, please see our User Agreement.

Dear Friends, Please give me some advice.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am still confused, why was the PayPal dispute raised in the first place?

This is a valid question as in my two decades +++ trading domains I've never done a chargeback. This was unintentional.

On my side I never raised a dispute. What happened was that payment was made with a card on file, not the balance. The card was shared with a family member and that payment was flagged on the card as fraud which showed on their side and I didn't see it or have the details. There were a lot of things happening in my personal life during this period as can be seen I didn't log on here for several weeks. As soon as I logged in here I learned of the chargeback and made it right the best I could. Lesson learned. This example does go to show that the 5% fee at DAN is reasonable and close to the paypal fee and DAN can deposit to paypal, so there is protection in case of an unintentional chargeback scenario such as this odd, rare situation.

•••
This is a valid question as in my two decades +++ trading domains I've never done a chargeback. This was unintentional.

On my side I never raised a dispute. What happened was that payment was made with a card on file, not the balance. The card was shared with a family member and that payment was flagged on the card as fraud which showed on their side and I didn't see it or have the details. There were a lot of things happening in my personal life during this period as can be seen I didn't log on here for several weeks. As soon as I logged in here I learned of the chargeback and made it right the best I could. Lesson learned. This example does go to show that the 5% fee at DAN is reasonable and close to the paypal fee and DAN can deposit to paypal, so there is protection in case of an unintentional chargeback scenario such as this odd, rare situation.

ah right, thank you for clearing things up.

•••
Good luck (and lot's of it - you'll need it) to everyone, who's still continuing to use PayPal in 2023.

Read my post on the subject: https://www.namepros.com/threads/pa...tly-without-explanation.1300823/#post-8907992
1690009005918.jpeg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back