news Amazon shutting down division that owns Diapers.com and Soap.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
News from Amazon today is they are shutting down their Quidsi division, Diapers.com and Soap.com are both a part of that division. From Axios.com: Bloomberg first reported and the company confirmed to Axios. Amazon acquired the company for $545 million in 2011. "We have worked extremely hard for the past seven years to get Quidsi to be profitable, and unfortunately we have not been able to do so," … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I should hurry and backorder soap.com and diapers.com

ooops. did I say that out loud? drat.

•••
Interesting.
If Amazon couldn't make sites like Diapers.com and Soap.com profitable who could?
Suggests some emd's may not have "Inherent value"

•••
Sounds like the kind of domains that Johnson & Johnson should own to complement their collection :)

•••
Companies have been moving from EMDs to brandable domains for a while. Of course if they no longer care for one-word .COM domains, what does that say about the demand for lesser extensions?

Just imagine if the headline had been SOAP.COM sells for $250,000 you would have dozens of posts about related domains in other extensions.
I am hoping to sell my BarSoap.xyz for $5k
I just picked up HandSoap.TOP sales price $10k
Just regged GreenSoap.Club - sure winner

•••
Interesting post.. Thanks for Sharing..:xf.smile:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back