NameSilo

Another disaster day on Namedrive!

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another disaster day on Namedrive for me, nothing over 0.03....wtf, is this going to be the way it is from now on!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
gjsys said:
I don't see it as disrespectful.
All it gets to say is that there are areas of "gray" that should be efficiently answered. Frankly, the only reason for a thread like this to even exist, is the missing explanation from someone that has complete insight and gives a truly valid statement as to why things are the way they are.

Exactly - I think if they are prepared to just sit there and let everyone wonder whats going on then they probably have something to hide.

A clear honest answer would be nice !

•••
Wow I just started using namedrive because I seen a thread saying how good they were on here. Well I may move some of mine to because they aren't making much.

•••
What should an average $..? be

Not to get off the topic, but what is a good average click rate. Mine are parked at sedo and I usualy average around $.04-$.06 for my majority of names (at least the ones that get clicke) and my best is $.31.

•••
Badger said:
No, youre absolutely right - i think.. :-/

First up, I can assure you that Namedrive are a good and honest service. But, as in any business, there has to be an element of trust. Either that or users can simply vote with their feet. The problem of diminishing returns are a new phenominon in the PPC industry and providers are just now trying to catch up. We at 1plus are about to launch a similar service and as such have stolen a march on our rivals by writing into our stats open and transparent reporting. Im sure something the others would have done if theyd known from the outset about the upcoming google "smartpricing" program. And we only have this advantage because we have this info upfront.

I hear you Badger, and I think it is a noble thing you are trying to do by giving ND a chance to to be seen in the light of the "smartpricing" program.

My question is that does this smartpricing not effect everyone...? Andf in which case how come PARKED seems to be paying out SMARTPRICING or or not......the variables between the two are too wide to be put down to smartpricing.

My theory and its just a theory is that ND were banking on everyone in the parking business to hand out flyers with the words smartpricing as a way to minimise the parking mollifying domain owners with the lower PPC .....but not every parking company is pummeling the domaqin name owners without taking a hit at their end aswell.....sharing the bad news....ND in my opinion is saying to the domainers - its your problem and your problem only.....

•••
Hi guys,

I have not 'ignored' this post, I actually replied to the orignal poster by mail yesterday to clear up that particular problem.
The fact is that everyone across the entire Google advertising system is reporting that revenues are down. This is not only because of SmartPricing, this is because, in many sectors, Google are really the only big player with any muscle which means they can keep click prices down. If you remember at the end of last year, everyone was bemoaning the loss of a large chunk of Yahoo earnings as their feeds dived. PPC is an extremely volatile animal. A click on an ad is not the same price for months on end, it is not the same at different times of day, it is not the same for people from Africa as it is for people from the US. Google PPC actually changes on a minute-by-minute basis. As we are the only major parking company to show you stats exactly as we receive them from Google - hence the revenue update every day - our own PPC reflects the fluctuations of Google far more accutely than any other program.
This has its pros and cons as, if we have a strong day - as we did yesterday, we can pass on the earnings directly to you. Other Google companies will pay you a pretty flat fee, we pay you what Google pays us. As I mentioned in another post last week, our percentage has not changed since our launch, any difference in revenue is from lower revenues from Google, not us lowering our percentages.
I'm not going to hide behind SmartPricing, but I will say that it is an effective tool which Google use for keeping the advertisers happy by judging the type of traffic on your domains. so it clearly plays a big role in determining the click price. If traffic is from poor origins or is performing poorly, you will earn less on that traffic. Parked is not affected by SmartPricing because they are a Yahoo feed rather than a Google one. Yahoo feeds provide much less 'cover' for their advertisers, meaning multiple fake clicks can be made on a domain and traffic can come from nefarious sources but be paid just as well as 'pure' traffic. This may mean an upkick in earnings in the short term, but it will mean a long term problem for Yahoo advertisers if measures such as SmartPricing is not brought into the Yahoo system.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any specific questions.

Ed

•••
Thanks Ed, it is nice to see a response...

I have to admit, I just moved my top two traffic names to Parked... There I am now getting $0.08 instead of $0.02... still peanuts...

Also, my top earners per click are really fluctuating at ND and this is driving me nuts:
Date Revenue Views Clicks CTR Avg PPC RPM
Mon, Jan 15th, 2007 US$ 0.00 2 1 % 50.00 US$ 0.00 US$ 1.85

This is North American traffic on a generic .ca name and a click pays nothing?!?

Frustrating...

•••
Thanks Ed...that was'nt so painfull was it :)

NameDriver said:
The fact is that everyone across the entire Google advertising system is reporting that revenues are down.

Ed

I seem to be having the best month at Sedo so far with 0.91, 0.44, 0.35, 0.26 euro clicks....I can't get my head around how/who decides how much they pay :-/

just checked...2.68 euros was the highest so far this month for 1 click.

Do Sedo use Google too ?

Last edited:
•••
NameDriver said:
The fact is that everyone across the entire Google advertising system is reporting that revenues are down.

mmm.... maybe I am the exception but January has seen my Google revenues up 40% :$: :$: :$:

•••
i am performing better across the board at namedrive.

don't forget, namedrive definitely has the best layouts (by far, IMO), the easiest platform to use - check on stats/make changes to names, etc - and the friendliest and most responsive staff...and in my experience, the highest payouts overall. I tried other services and only one paid a bit higher in terms of CPC, but it had a much, much worse CTR and the platform was just not user-friendly; therefore ND is still my top choice.

•••
ND has performed better for me than Sedo measured over a 6 months+ period. Too many domainers go into a tizzy over much shorter time scales. My main criticism of ND at present is that the development of newly-styled pages seems to have dried up.

•••
NameDrive has treated me well this month, especially yesterday. Through the 18th, I've already earned more than I did in November or December. CTR could be better 11.4% but I'm averaging .22 PPC.

Last edited:
•••
Since posting here my numbers have gone up.. must be a coincidence as a lot of people seem to be doing better...

•••
My domains are doing pretty good with NameDrive in the last 2 days. However, I moved some of my domains over to parked - still trying to see which one has a higher payout.

They both seem very good with CTR and payout. Anyone recommend one over the other or does it depend on domains? I'm mainly targeting North American Traffic.

•••
I'm going to be moving my entire .ca portfolio from namedrive at the end of the month. Brand new domains are getting sub-10 cents on decent paying keywords. How smart pricing come into effect on a new domain on its first clicks is beyond me. Sadly I am seeing medical, travel and financial keywords getting the same on my other .ca's.

Sorry namedrive - great service, great templates and good people but the payouts are below industry standard.

Last edited:
•••
I am thankful for my family and namedrive every day. Thanks Ed. ND has been such a great experience. Just had my one year anniversary last month. Thanks. Hate to keep this tread alive cus the title but hopefully people will read the posts!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back