IT.COM

Any increase for the demand of SEO domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,
We've noticed in France a growing demand for SEO domains.
SEOs use TF, Ref dom and other metrics mostly from MajesticSEO to valuate domain names and purchase them a lot, mostly with Youdot, a French service with a good visibily
For French domainers, it's a good thing because it has also impacted the EMD/Brandable market.

To take advantage of this new demand, we have created with 2 colleagues a platform for SEO domains. The selling prices are not high (mostly under $100, not much higher than our purchase price), but it's also a way to sell from time to time more expensive EMD or brandable domains. Would it be worth doing the same from English, Italian or Spanish Domains also for example?

I've discussed with Dutch colleagues and they don't notice such need for SEO domains, In Germany either, apparently. But I would appreciate some confirmations

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to buy them but they are domains you generally wouldn't rate as good domains but traffic feeders to promote another site. I have found best just milk them for all worth and drop if low results. Generally you can recreate all those dot gov and dot edu links free quite easily and quickly which make up for the bulk of backlinks. Occasionally you will find one okay sounding with some back links. One of the best tools to find domains with backlinks would be expireddomains.net but I will add that any changes once you start building sites etc is results the will vary. It is the strong few links sending traffic but the rest all helps in overall rank of site but you really need it to be a site again to make most of it and name needs to warrant the work.

At end of day for me I questioned why I would work at all on a domain that wasn't good let alone my best when could be developing my best names so as mentioned milk them to boost another. I thought I could earn from some lesser domains but find they all just lower appeal watering down portfolio. It all still can be worth it if you know what your doing so beware of fake Alexa, ranks, backlinks etc loads of rubbish you need to see stats across full spectrum to find real links but the waters are only tested once you have them.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, I was not wondering if or how I could catch SEO domains, but only if they sell well
In France the demand is high, I would like to know if it's also worth for us selling SEO domains in other languages

•••
I never tried to sell figured they had no real market but had value as traffic source for reg fee.

•••
in France, SEO domains can sell up top lo €€,€€€

•••
Surely it had a lot more going for it for the money.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back