NameSilo

discuss Are domain hacks good??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Branded Domains

Be YouTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mobil.es would be even better )

Quick question? In your example. Would MOBIL.ES really be "understood" by good spiders as "mobiles" or just "Mobil"??

Some say yes others say no.

•••
I like them if they make sense. Many of the new extensions rely on domain hacks or at least using the extension as the second keyword like Mountain.bike

Most of the good ones that would be used for the extensions are being held by the registrars and auctioned off for a lot of money.

Mountain.bike was held back from registration to be auctioned off, but for some reason they didn't hold back Mtn.bike for auction (which I grabbed and couldn't believe no one else got it before me). I really like it because it's shorter than Mountain.bike and is perfect for the extension.

I sold:
Foru.ms for a very nice amount.
Musli.ms

I still have:
Chatroo.ms
Condominiu.ms
(love it)
Timeshar.es (love it too)

Did you real sell those? Private sale or marketplace auction?

I have a bunch of ideas right now for really good hacks. Just hesitating as I am not selling reported actual sales on Namebio.

Also seems like you only still stick with one keyword domains. Is there a reason for that or could two keywords work too depending ?

Last edited:
•••
eko.praset.io i dont own but cool hh

•••
•••
I have one leadership.training. Its getting traffic like 10 uniques a day and 6 HQ backlinks on the domain only

•••
I love hacks when they are really short version of your domain and complement for promotion/social media/remembering/sharing purposes like youtube.com youtu.be
washingtonpost.com wpost.com wpo.st
I know only net.work got sold...do u know any other hacks which were sold for handsome price??

•••
I normally am not interested in hacks for resale. Only for own projects. Often they are expensive to hold and many ends users don't understand benefits. If there would be .ns tld, I would take reco.ns for example even with 50 dollar renewals
yeah..but startups with brain must use domain hacks...short and sexy..

•••
I normally am not interested in hacks for resale. Only for own projects. Often they are expensive to hold and many ends users don't understand benefits. If there would be .ns tld, I would take reco.ns for example even with 50 dollar renewals
I approached some companies like Samsung,Canada mobile sasketel..they loved my hack.but they told they will get it when needed:'(:'(:'(

•••
No, startup should stick to $500-10000 nice .com unless it is something like send.co or mail.me or news.us that they can buy and is great fit for what they do.

•••
I approached some companies like Samsung,Canada mobile sasketel..they loved my hack.but they told they will get it when needed:'(:'(:'(
It means they will take it from you. You should never hack a trademarked name.

•••
It means they will take it from you. You should never hack a trademarked name.
its not a trademark name...the domain is Mobiles.to

•••
•••
Mobiles.to with that extension is odd. Honestly i have never even heard of .to. Is that a ccltd?

•••
•••
•••
•••
It's an exception im afraid. Just my observation.

•••
•••
The fish are not bitting here.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Post ur domain hack here...

•••
They work sometimes like CheapTrips.to :D but not all the time.They are good when they make sense and are in correct language structure.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back