IT.COM

Best Backorder api? (Want to make a Dropcatch software)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

itaa

Established Member
Impact
I tried dynadot some year ago with their api to register domains..but.. honestly they were sooo terrible that when the drop time came their servers were overloaded always and it took like a minute to get a request through so it was pretty much useless.. not sure about their service now,anyone knows?

basicaly I want to make a simple soft that will try to catch domains for me at registration cost, anyone knows some other services that could be good for this? btw I heard there are some services which require like $1k deposit just to use their api..not for me as i only need few domains from time to time :D

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not worth it. Backorder somewhere and pay the fees. You can't get anything with your own scripts

•••
I mean I just want to use it to get the low hanging fruit where no1 has made a backorder for it, just want to beat the hand-reg buyers ;)
For good stuff I will still use real backorder.

•••
Then register manually!

•••
Don't cry! I just said what I think is right. If you still need drop catching script . Google it!

•••
Try DesktopCatcher, it uses loads of different registrars APIs.
You won't be getting 1/2/3/4L.coms or anything worth loads... but if you use it correctly $xxx/$xxxx catches are realistic. The owner is a top guy too, always there to help you.

•••
Try DesktopCatcher, it uses loads of different registrars APIs.
You won't be getting 1/2/3/4L.coms or anything worth loads... but if you use it correctly $xxx/$xxxx catches are realistic. The owner is a top guy too, always there to help you.

noo man I do NOT NEED a software, I can make it myself, btw I know that software already, wayyyy to expensive for what it really is..

I was asking for which domain registration services which gives their API are the best for this purpose?

•••
•••
Uhm, look at software like desktopcatcher and see which APIs they are using?

Namesilo, gandi?

•••

Namesilo, gandi?

And he tells me I am slow:) joker

•••

Namesilo, gandi?
uhm,again... I was asking which ones are decent not just a list of sites that provides that.. I can get such list in 2mins myself, but I do not know which ones from them are decent.. I had tested dynadot and it was crap.

•••
And he tells me I am slow:) joker
The poster POSTED 3-4posts without giving any help and just spamming his link...and not answering to any question just posting some no-sense which I didn't asked... How many times I have to tell - I'm looking for BEST SERVICES FOR THIS!

Read the title/ read the first post/ read some replies.. you slow estonian suka.

•••
Namesilo/Gandi are the best from what I've tried. I'm probably not much help with this stuff, but they seem to have the most success. Good luck with it all :)

•••
Namesilo/Gandi are the best from what I've tried. I'm probably not much help with this stuff, but they seem to have the most success. Good luck with it all :)
thanks for your input.

•••
Dynadot are not crap. They have the best API out there IMO. The problem is that they allocate resources according to your spending with your account. You can get 1-2 seconds real-time requests but you need to keep buying their products.

I have not used Namesilo much but I had the impression that they are the second best API out there and I don't think they require you to make purchases to run fast enough.

Not sure about others. Most of what I have seen was disappointing. API dropcatching is hardly worth it these days except for some specific domaining activities.

Keep in mind that almost all registrars offering APIs (except for the two I mentioned above) do not want you to use their API for dropcatching. That's why they are slow, not in real time or even block you when you try using their API.

•••
Use the Dynadot API and focus on getting all of that low hanging fruit that is ripe for the picking!

•••
This is indeed a very interesting topic. I am also interested in the same question (following)

•••
uhm,again... I was asking which ones are decent not just a list of sites that provides that.. I can get such list in 2mins myself, but I do not know which ones from them are decent.. I had tested dynadot and it was crap.

i prefer Dynadot. their search calls are slow, but they reg calls are fast enough.
ResellerClub has the fastest search calls (0.3-0.5 seconds for 4-5-6 domains bulk check), but their API NEVER catches a domain in a real competition

•••
I spend a lot with DD, as all my domains are there and I have about 1500, so does this mean I'll "get a lot of API" allocation?

I use their standard back order service and I get domains pretty regularly, but costs $15.99 each.

I am going to post a new thread about DropKing see what people know about this one.

•••
Not worth it. Backorder somewhere and pay the fees. You can't get anything with your own scripts

this is 100 percent false... i know this post is long dead but you are wrong here.. who do you think codes the software that is used by larger companies?

human beings ...

who work on sideprojects and such..

theres no secret code language or anything like that that is available to professionals... the difference between a script you make and a script you pay for is that ... 1 your bound to their rules / 2 your competing with everyone and their mother who use the exact same i/o thread when the time comes to perform the op.

i just finished up a personal trade bot that market makes / arbitrages / and also scans various on chain orderbook dexs -> i can gaurentee you i wouldnt have as much success trying to do the same thing with something that i payed for.. because everyone else that payed for it also has the exact same access to the orders i do at the exact same time.. if 2 people are looking for a dollar bill on the floor how many people are going to be able to pick up that single dollar bill?

additionally.. consider the fact that most languages not actually the program that does the thing you need it to do... you tell something that is written in C / C# / etc... a list of instructions... then that piece of software turns your code into either machine code or c or whatever... which is not javascript or whatever else you plan to use.. but basically what i am trying to say here is yes if you are saying it's not worth the time -> it takes to write a program when you can just try to dropcatch...

but if your trying to dropcatch 50 names a day... and also want to maybe write something that automatically chooses names that you want to dropcatch.. and then drop catches them for you...

in 2 minuites i was able to think of a way that doing it yourself is alot stronger then using a pay to use option.

•••
noo man I do NOT NEED a software, I can make it myself, btw I know that software already, wayyyy to expensive for what it really is..

I was asking for which domain registration services which gives their API are the best for this purpose?
these dudes dont code obviously they dont see how beautiful it is to slap your own project togeather in a few days and turn it on on your server

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back