Dynadot

Best name for a Domain Market/Flipping Company

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VIPDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone.
Which of the following names is a best fit and would have been your choice out of these for a domain selling company:
1) VIPDomains
2) NamePalooza
3) NameMayor
4) DNMuse

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Most of domains are sold through 3rd party marketplaces, like Dan, Afternic, Sedo, Branbucket etc.
It's even not really worth to open own marketplace, it will take time and resources to make it popular, in 3 years of domaining I did not sell any domain through my own or 3rd party websites. The only thing is i held my domains for a short period of time on 3rd party marketplaces.

Last edited:
•••
4 would be ok if it was simply within the domaining niche and you didn’t need buyers to understand what you are selling as nobody outside of domaining has a clue what DN is.

3 and 2 are cheesy

1 sounds pretentious and elitist —what are vip domains? You only sell to rockstars? Confident is ok cocky not so much.

These are just my impressions upon reading the names nothing against you. You did ask for opinions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Most of domains are sold through 3rd party marketplaces, like Dan, Afternic, Sedo, Branbucket etc.
It's even not really worth to open own marketplace, it will take time and resources to make it popular, in 3 years of domaining I did not sell any domain through my own or 3rd party websites. The only thing is i held my domains for a short period of time on 3rd party marketplaces.

I disagree. I built my own marketplace and I sell more domains directly to end-users using my own landing pages than I do through Godadddy/dan/sedo. Doing this saved me tens of thousands of dollars in commissions last year, and I am sure it will do the same this year. If you are paying Godaddy 15-25% for every sale (especially people that are directly visiting your domain name to see if it is available) you are losing a lot of money.

I am surprised more domain investors don't get this. We tell end-users they need a good domain to build their website and brand, but then they refuse to do this themselves and are at the mercy of the marketplaces.

•••
I disagree. I built my own marketplace and I sell more domains directly to end-users using my own landing pages than I do through Godadddy/dan/sedo. Doing this saved me tens of thousands of dollars in commissions last year, and I am sure it will do the same this year. If you are paying Godaddy 15-25% for every sale (especially people that are directly visiting your domain name to see if it is available) you are losing a lot of money.

I am surprised more domain investors don't get this. We tell end-users they need a good domain to build their website and brand, but then they refuse to do this themselves and are at the mercy of the marketplaces.
Thank you for the feedback.
If you don't mind me asking what are you using for landing pages? Did you build your own server or do something of the sorts. I'm trying to figure out how to do that as I already have a thousand + domain names in my portfolio and need a quick a nd efficient way to make and reuse a template landing page on nameservers in my control.

•••
Thank you for the feedback.
If you don't mind me asking what are you using for landing pages? Did you build your own server or do something of the sorts. I'm trying to figure out how to do that as I already have a thousand + domain names in my portfolio and need a quick a nd efficient way to make and reuse a template landing page on nameservers in my control.

I developed my own script for the website, landing pages, and backend. It is for sale at Namefolio.com. there are other options out there as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back