IT.COM

information Big week coming up for emoji domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Alvin Brown posted an interesting article this morning on emoji domains. There are over 1200 emoji domains coming to GoDaddy auctions over the next week...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry for being ignorant, I guess there are threads about it, but are any companies using these domains?

•••
From the DNAcademy Emoji Guide:

Company Emoji Domain IDN

AngelList ✌️.com xn--7bi.com

Budweiser 🍺🍺🍺.ws xn--xj8haa.ws

Budweiser ❤️🍺.ws xn--qei8618m.ws

England & Wales Cricket Board 🏏.ws xn--dm8h.ws

Honda 🚘.ws xn--q68h.ws

MAC Cosmetics 💄.ws xn--jr8h.ws

Powerlink Charging Systems 🚘🔌.ws xn--fv8hxy.ws

Ray-Ban 🕶.ws xn--gy8h.ws

Sony Pictures 😊🎬.ws xn--dl8h11b.ws

Vivino Wine App 🍷.ws xn--uj8h.ws

•••
From the DNAcademy Emoji Guide:

Company Emoji Domain IDN

AngelList ✌️.com xn--7bi.com

Budweiser 🍺🍺🍺.ws xn--xj8haa.ws

Budweiser ❤️🍺.ws xn--qei8618m.ws

England & Wales Cricket Board 🏏.ws xn--dm8h.ws

Honda 🚘.ws xn--q68h.ws

MAC Cosmetics 💄.ws xn--jr8h.ws

Powerlink Charging Systems 🚘🔌.ws xn--fv8hxy.ws

Ray-Ban 🕶.ws xn--gy8h.ws

Sony Pictures 😊🎬.ws xn--dl8h11b.ws

Vivino Wine App 🍷.ws xn--uj8h.ws

Many thanks DnameAgame!

•••
OK this is new to me. How do you type in an emoji into the web browser?

•••
Sorry for being ignorant, I guess there are threads about it, but are any companies using these domains?

I reckon companies will pay to have their logos as idn. Coms eg just their logo in. Com before long

•••
@sbweb for typing them in - mobile is the sweet-spot - emoji are on all smart phones and they are used heavily. Apple has emoji in machines and are expanding the "emoji" keyboard. Surprisingly, Windows 10 supports the most Emoji and were earliest to the newest Diverse Emoji (bring up the mobile keyboard and you will find them all there).

•••
@platey Emoji are used by the millions all day - think of the possible traffic a popular one or combo offers.

Also, I believe they are looked at as almost the keyword by Google in search - Maybe John (wrote extensive emoji marketing guide sometime back) will see and explain further. But I think the example given was he put the watch.ws emoji into Google search and it returns watch results like a test search. ( I may be off, hopefully someone will confirm or clarify). That could could be pretty interesting?

•••
@platey Emoji are used by the millions all day - think of the possible traffic a popular one or combo offers.

Also, I believe they are looked at as almost the keyword by Google in search - Maybe John (wrote extensive emoji marketing guide sometime back) will see and explain further. But I think the example given was he put the watch.ws emoji into Google search and it returns watch results like a test search. ( I may be off, hopefully someone will confirm or clarify). That could could be pretty interesting?

It does work

Just tried it using the football emoji

If you type the football emoji ⚽ as an emoji it brings up football info and websites etc so watch would do the same etc

But as we are talking search engine as much as emoji here or the combination of the two etc any search engine will only produce search results based on the data contained within the search engine

It is impossible for a search engine to list your website and or social media profile in for example football emoji based website search results unless your website and or socialmedia profile has the football emoji listed within it and within its content etc

Eg if your website only has the word football in its metatags and or categories you want your website to be included in to etc your website will not appear on the first page of Google when someone types in ⚽ into Google search etc as there would be enough pages of listings of websites and socialmedia profiles that contain the football emoji before it would need to start listing websites with only the word football in them etc

So basically a person should start using the emoji of their trade and or service just as they would use the trade or service keyword eg in metatags etc and within content of website etc if they want their website and or socialmedia profile to appear in Google listings for that trade and or service for when someone simply types in a single emoji of your trade and or service and clicks search as they are already doing so if the emoji of your trade or service isn't in every item of marketing eg your website and or socialmedia profile etc you will be losing out on lots of missed business

But - tread carefully tho as some emoji's are heavily trademarked and copyright protected and some owners of such copyright and trademarks are still very unaware that their artwork is being used against their wishes and will seek legal redress against those using their copyright protected artwork even tho their artwork is a popular emoji

I say this because I know of someone whose artwork is copyright protected and who is furious that it is being used globally against their wishes but the problem is that it's one of the most popular emoji's on the planet

So it won't be long before emoji udrp's become popular which isn't good but there should be a gofundme page set up for such owners of copyright where people can pay eg a $1 royalties to copyright owners per time they use their emoji subject to their consent similar to music etc

Because if the said extremely popular emoji is withdrawn from use due to trademark copyright infringement it will affect a vast amount of websites and social media profiles because it is absolutely everywhere at the mo and will only get even more popular in the coming years

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back