BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In my experience fluctuations in RPM & CTR are 100% normal. You have to understand that the ad's your customers click on is actually a living,breathing network of advertisers bidding real time on your traffic.

If a customer shows up at 3:00am and clicks on a high paying keyword, chances are you are going to be paid very little because at 3:00am there is not a lot of competition. Now let's say it's prime time; 2:00pm and a customer clicks on your ad's, well this time you might be paid more because of the competition during that hour.

The bottom line is; it's 100% normal to experience fluctuations daily. To this day I still have high and low days but overall, the 30 day average, had stayed the same or gone up.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else.
great info!!
this is completely new for me :)
thanks for sharing

•••
The low visitor #s likely have to do with our system and how we validate visitors. We had a hard disk failure on our "validation" server and had to reset a few counters.

However, we did send out a mass email to all of our users that July 1st this will change. I expect that on July 1st these numbers will be much more stable and inline with how other companies report them. And at that point these discrepancies will be avoided.

I should also note that our visitor #s / click #s do NOT impact revenue and have no correlation to revenue. The revenue is passed from our upstream ad provider, and regardless if you have 1 click or 1000 clicks, you'd still see the same revenue figure.

Hope this explains it. There are a lot of system improvements in the making and some of these are set to go live on July 1st as described in the emails we have sent out. Here is a copy:

As part of our ongoing efforts to make Bodis a more transparent platform, on July 1, 2014 we will roll out a new algorithm, which effectively improves the way our landing pages track and validate visitors. Currently, our system is set up to discard the counting of certain visitors deemed invalid. The new algorithm will replace the current one, and henceforth we will be able to more accurately distinguish between valid and invalid traffic, thus showing more realistic numbers with many domain names. As a result your visitor numbers may seem higher than currently. Revenue will remain unaffected.

We hope this change will be perceived the same way as to how the Bodis team feels about it. Eventually, the change will add a higher degree of accuracy and transparency to our network.

Please keep in mind that these changes will not in any way affect the revenue generated by your domain names.

•••
I understand that, but it was an impressive drop actually.
I have also noticed RPM increased from last month after bodis closed the account of other users. So I thought maybe they came back again...

•••
Is there some issue with bodis.com sign-up?? It seems the form stays the same even when there is no submission error. Some error in captcha!!??

•••
-EM- Other users would not affect your account earnings.

GoWebnames.com: Can you please send us an example? We've had plenty of sign ups today so would like to see what you are referring to.

•••
@matt_bodis, I am trying to register with your site but it doesn't proceed when I click submit. I must have tried at least 10 times (sheoran1 at yahoo.com), the captcha keeps on refreshing and there are no errors on the form as well.

I am putting in correct captchas, please investigate. Can you try to test sign up yourself and see?

•••
The low visitor #s likely have to do with our system and how we validate visitors. We had a hard disk failure on our "validation" server and had to reset a few counters.

However, we did send out a mass email to all of our users that July 1st this will change. I expect that on July 1st these numbers will be much more stable and inline with how other companies report them. And at that point these discrepancies will be avoided.

I should also note that our visitor #s / click #s do NOT impact revenue and have no correlation to revenue. The revenue is passed from our upstream ad provider, and regardless if you have 1 click or 1000 clicks, you'd still see the same revenue figure.

Hope this explains it. There are a lot of system improvements in the making and some of these are set to go live on July 1st as described in the emails we have sent out. Here is a copy:

revenue not be affected is not true - i have that day 1/5 of my normal revenue !!!

also the mass email is not true - i did not get this email !

look at my account and see the numbers for yourself - keeping in mind that no one else using bodis directly seam to had such problem that day ( at least not like this ! ) and no other parking company had traffic and revenue missing that day like BODIS - do you want to tell me that all these domains and all this traffic did not result in ANY revenue ? i think not .

fact is that your statement , the revenue not being affected is FALSE !

but never mind i disabled that account since bodis doesn't hardly pay any zero click at all anyway - i have 100's of clicks that i did not get paid a single cent - look yourself !

i can email you a screenprint from above i just made where over 1000 visits where directed to bodis but not reported .

•••
revenue not be affected is not true - i have that day 1/5 of my normal revenue !!!

also the mass email is not true - i did not get this email !

look at my account and see the numbers for yourself - keeping in mind that no one else using bodis directly seam to had such problem that day ( at least not like this ! ) and no other parking company had traffic and revenue missing that day like BODIS - do you want to tell me that all these domains and all this traffic did not result in ANY revenue ? i think not .

fact is that your statement , the revenue not being affected is FALSE !

but never mind i disabled that account since bodis doesn't hardly pay any zero click at all anyway - i have 100's of clicks that i did not get paid a single cent - look yourself !

i can email you a screenprint from above i just made where over 1000 visits where directed to bodis but not reported .

We are investigating this issue and will hopefully know more about this in a timely manner.

•••
Sorry to say, but I can not trust Bodis.
Taking off partially the traffic/revenue is a standard, So, if you choose to stay with, then sure you fill more the pocket of bodis than yours.
Account deletion is a PRECAUTION, and not the fact that the partner was cheating, only have to show the feedsource (google) that 'yes, we care your business'. If your account was closed, then perhaps you were on the bad position.

•••
I am with bodis for a long time and have NEVER experienced any chargeback or taking off revenue. If you had chargeback or had account deleted, then you did something against the rules! That is it, very easy solution.

•••
Sorry to say, but I can not trust Bodis.
Taking off partially the traffic/revenue is a standard, So, if you choose to stay with, then sure you fill more the pocket of bodis than yours.
Account deletion is a PRECAUTION, and not the fact that the partner was cheating, only have to show the feedsource (google) that 'yes, we care your business'. If your account was closed, then perhaps you were on the bad position.

Trafic,

Sorry you feel that way. I have been fortunate enough to have a positive experience like a lot of other members here.

What is it that Bodis can't be trusted about?

I've always been paid on time, never any chargebacks, customer service is getting much better, so I am struggling with why they are bad.

Let me explain something to everyone;

Any tricks, any scams, any (fill in the blank), etc that you try have already been done. Google knows them all.

What a lot of people seem to forget is that GOOGLE is the boss. If they send Bodis a notice to cancel "XXXXXX" account, Bodis has to do it. They have no way around it because Google is the boss.

Regarding errors, issues, etc.... every parking company I have ever been with has had some type of reporting error, performance dip, etc. A lot of the times the parking company will over look it and not even acknowledge it but not here. You've got the owner of the company personally checking on problems or addressing issue. Try that with Fedex, or some other major corporation.

Remember that these are people too who are behind these virtual names. Not only are they trying to manage their day to day operations but they are also helping each and every one of us.

Also, remember you are running a business. A business should not operate on a day to day basis when it comes to revenues. If you are in the parking industry and are living month to month, this may not be the business for you.

- chargebacks
- account closures
- loss of all revenues in account
- Temporary hold on account

these are some of the items that can hold your business back from growing. Domain parking is like any other business and therefore has "RISKS". Understand the parking company is a "BROKER" in a sense. They act as a middle man between you and Google. Basically they protect you from yourself sometimes and vice versa.

I personally know that Matt, Sebastian, & all of Bodis are trying to make Bodis and Parking a much better experience for all.

If we all work together to find the solution instead of being accusatory I promise the parking industry will become a phenomenal place!

(this is my 2 cents - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

•••
Your explication is correct. Over 2 years am with, no late payments, no problems. I do not accuse anyone, just explain my view and suspicion.
Of course, have tested to use 2 fake account, booth still alive.
Test 1: traffic testing, quantity is different about 50%
Test 2: revenue testing, first day added =0.00revenue with traffic, 2nd day good results, 7 days fine, after 7 days low day end closure.
Same time other parking company tested with the same methods, and traffic quantity correct, revenue stable.
Same value websites were used.
Just a bit thinking and writing, today am out of the parking business, better to work with real contents and affiliate companies. Almost triple revenue and easier to resell domains with benefits.
If the fresh domainers try to keep normal traffic on, then parking business can be a good thing, but as normal 'players' pay the price of the bad quality traffic nothing else to do.

•••
in my opinion ( and this is maybe just me ) creating "fake accounts" already makes me think you are up to no good - why in the world would you even thing of doing stuff like that - if bodis would be mine i would kick you out just for that ( like i said that's just me taking )

i personally trust bodis as much as anyone can trust any parking company - no more and no less - my last issue had nothing to do with trust but with tech issues on bodis side ( or above side ) and as usual everyone just passes the bug instead of stepping forward and admitting to some error and issue a small but sufficient compensation and have a happy costumer - but nowadays i suppose this is not how a business is run ( too bad ) everyone wants to have a business but no one wants to work for it or take responsibility when issues come about .

BTW : i will be at the hyperfair in july : http://domainindex.com/webfair/home.html

•••
I miss one of bodis feature.

The one where we can see traffic we're getting within hours. If anything goes wrong, I will know right away.

The one where we can see the country. Like right away.

Last edited:
•••
My payment status for May is still "pending". It's any problem with it?

•••
My payment status for May is still "pending". It's any problem with it?

All eligible payments have been sent out early this month. However, the payment history in most user accounts did not show the status for the month until today.

•••
Something wrong with stats today. I hope just not updating and not lost.

•••
since today i cant add domains .weh try to add domain i receive :

Attention
Domain name parameter is required. Please specify at least one or more domain names.

wheere to specify?

i select Inquiry offer .What other parameters required?

•••
Something wrong with stats today. I hope just not updating and not lost.

Yes it was simply delayed as our reporting service stalled yesterday. It is up to date now.

since today i cant add domains .weh try to add domain i receive :

Attention
Domain name parameter is required. Please specify at least one or more domain names.

wheere to specify?

i select Inquiry offer .What other parameters required?

I cannot seem to replicate this issue. Can you please send me the domain list you are trying to add?

•••
Can someone from Bodis contact me please? I've tried calling CS, emailing [email protected], and even tried messaging Matt on here. No answer from any of those methods.

•••
Hi Jackie, I sent you screenshots via pm, I'm waiting your reply about 1 month.

•••
elmoney, can you please PM forward me the issue?

Very sorry for such a long wait. That should never happen. We're working on improving the customer support experience, and in the month of July we should roll out a few improvements where user inquiries like yours shouldn't ever go unanswered for more than 24 hours.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Matt. Its everything o.k. with Bodis - from 24.Jun not have in many domains any RPM with click..?

•••
wow, bodis is NET-7 NOW!! So cool! thanks matt.

•••
I'm glad you're excited! Here is the email we sent to all of our users a few moments ago. May take a few hours to get the email as our mail server is sending it out slowly:

We are excited to announce that, starting this July, we will be processing our users' payments even faster than before. As you know, we are constantly trying to improve our platform and our service. Therefore, we have decided to spend additional resources to process user payouts on our new NET 7 payment terms. That means that you will be paid out even faster from now on - in just one week after the end of a month.

We hope you are as excited about this as we are. If you have any questions regarding this change, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Bodis Support at [email protected].

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back