NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well for efty, the new templates have make offer only (with minimum bid if you want) or make offer and buy now, or I think just Buy Now.

if the buyer chooses to make an offer it comes to your email and you negotiate and finalize however you agree.
if they choose buy now, same thing, unless you choose escrow integration option, it goes straight to escrow as far as I know.

Undeveloped it's a private chat window within the site where you negotiate with the client.

but in both cases nobody negotiates for you unless maybe you have very very high value names in which case I'm sure if you reach management, it would be in their favor to help. Domain Name Sales not 100% sure how it works.

With DNS you can pretty much customize the negotiation process to your liking. Set their brokers to handle old leads only or leads where you don't know the language. Or a third party broker. Automated replies to inquiries. Self-brokerage. Nifty app with notifications and lead mining links. Growing lead affiliates integration (Domain Tools, Domainr). It's a sales machine developed for over a decade. There is no high value name threshold for brokerage.

•••
@DoumB21
lol

@Nat and pokainc
What I saw in the name initially was the shorter length and it kind of rhymes. It's also pretty memorable. I just now noticed that it had been dropped before.

•••
•••
Some actual sales data

I don't know how they gathered it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Just saw the name I sold and the price is incorrect. Still a good resource though. :)

•••
Some actual sales data

I don't know how they gathered it.

They scrape/mine the names and sales prices. Based on this data (about 4 months of sales), the annual sales rate is just under 4% and total annual sales just under 3M a year. There's some discrepency of course because some names might sell for a discount but it is pretty accurate.

•••
They scrape/mine the names and sales prices. Based on this data (about 4 months of sales), the annual sales rate is just under 4% and total annual sales just under 3M a year. There's some discrepency of course because some names might sell for a discount but it is pretty accurate.
4% is a fantastic rate of sales! The thing is, is it evenly distributed across all sellers? I had a look yesterday at each category, and its just weird that a domain like DANY dot com for example is thrown at the last page of the 4L category! This is one of the very best 4L I ever seen! Lots of similar examples. Older listed domains are thrown a little bit back the stack = lower chance to sell.

Maybe its a matter or luck, maybe its my bad luck with them. Eitherway, I believe mathematically I did the right choice. Started next Friday my domains will be a 100% removed and pointing to my DomainNameSales account.

Good luck to all BB sellers.

•••
Started next Friday my domains will be a 100% removed and pointing to my DomainNameSales account.
I do hope you'll keep us informed of how things work out. I'm certainly interested to hear how selling brandables to referrals/type-ins goes.

•••
I do hope you'll keep us informed of how things work out. I'm certainly interested to hear how selling brandables to referrals/type-ins goes.

Ditto!

•••
•••
As I just mentioned in the other thread, this list contains names that have not been sold, inaccurate prices (both lower and higher), and without cross checking ever sale to that list, it probably doesn't contain all of our sales.

•••
As I just mentioned in the other thread, this list contains names that have not been sold, inaccurate prices (both lower and higher), and without cross checking ever sale to that list, it probably doesn't contain all of our sales.
how would have this info been obtained?

•••
Most likely through scraping.

After a few minutes of cross checking, I can also confirm that this list does not include all our sales.

•••
The issue I have with idiots that steal and post another sites data (other than infringing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, of course) is that some of this is MY data. I (and you) signed an NDA with BB when I signed up for a reason, because some BB customers had requested their purchase not be made public.

If a customer doesn't want it known that they purchased their domain for a certain price yet it is plastered all over the internet that customer will never return and word of mouth will get around so BB (and ultimately me!) will lose future potential customers... the same effect as slander/libel.

This guy is either plain stupid, or looking for a legal battle.

•••
The issue I have with idiots that steal and post another sites data (other than infringing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, of course) is that some of this is MY data. I (and you) signed an NDA with BB when I signed up for a reason, because some BB customers had requested their purchase not be made public.

If a customer doesn't want it known that they purchased their domain for a certain price yet it is plastered all over the internet that customer will never return and word of mouth will get around so BB (and ultimately me!) will lose future potential customers... the same effect as slander/libel.

infringing the Digital Millennium Copyright Act? You really don't understand the law.

•••

I absolutely agree. There is a reason for NDA agreements. On the other hand, if you do not feed the dogs they will most likely feed themselves I'm afraid. There is infact useful buyer and sales stats that would not infringe on NDA agreements that could be released to benefit research and sales and keep the urge to scrape at bay. I know the seller newsletters is a try to remedy this, but please crunch some more data, BB. Niche? Country? Existing company / Startup? Length / Composition? Name even?

•••
I absolutely agree. There is a reason for NDA agreements. On the other hand, if you do not feed the dogs they will most likely feed themselves I'm afraid. There is infact useful buyer and sales stats that would not infringe on NDA agreements that could be released to benefit research and sales and keep the urge to scrape at bay. I know the seller newsletters is a try to remedy this, but please crunch some more data, BB. Niche? Country? Existing company / Startup? Length / Composition? Name even?

Completely agree with this. It would be great if we get more data.

•••
I assume what they do is first collected for how much the name are sold on BB and then see which ones sold. Then they assume the names sold at posted prices.

•••
•••
•••
I've filed enough DMCA Takedowns in my time to know what this guy cannot do... read the links:

..infringed content from a website which is publishing content in violation of copyright protection act or content being used without permission or not in accordance to the sworn statement of the content owner.

He can reorganise all he likes, each 'unique' word is individually protected, that makes up the majority of that list. Take it to PM if you are not happy.

•••
Again, read the law about Copyright infringement. Also, read the law Freedom of the press : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_press . I'm not going to waste my time explaining the details to you. Read for yourself, and learn for yourself

•••
JimJammy is 100% right...The issue is unauthorized use of the content, regardless of how it is presented.

•••
Just my 2 cents... If what these guys are doing is against copyright, so is the scraping that Google does to present you with search results.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back