NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
not a lawyer by any means, but this is a difficult case which for sure both sides of the coin have merit.

If asking prices are listed on brandbucket and you can see it and note down all of them,
the next day do the same thing and see which ones are not there or sold, then you can gather the sales info.
(unless some sales were negotiated for a cheaper price).

so basically Brandbucket is asking to the seller not to divulge the sales prices, but if the information is attainable through public means and it's not like you're using these names on your products or tshirts, so youre not infringing their trademark or acting illegally. If it was so , it would be the end of investigative journalism.

Giving information about a trademark is not infringing on the trademark itself, so even if the names are "unique" , it would be hard to prevent anything of this sort, even legally.

The only way would be to put make offer, and have internal negotiations, and keep it that way which would definitely turn off alot of buyers as they won't see the price from the start.

But for sure the buyer might be really ticked off and might not come back..
Namepros doesn't have a NDA, so often times, a quick search brings up threads of 2-3 years ago where you bought and sold for 50$ and it can work against you now..

I love namepros , but just saying

Last edited:
•••
Most likely through scraping.

After a few minutes of cross checking, I can also confirm that this list does not include all our sales.
thanks, but were these actual sales at least?

•••
•••
•••
•••
Asking for help: I just logged in to my account and have found that one of my names has been removed from listings. I received no notification about the removal. Has this happened to anyone here? I've sent an email asking for further information about the removal and how to get it listed again, but I thought maybe someone here might have faced this situation previously. I can't imagine what the reason of the removal can be. Any idea?

Thanks!

•••
Most likely through scraping.

After a few minutes of cross checking, I can also confirm that this list does not include all our sales.
Michael is right.

I sold a name in 2015 and it is not on that list.

•••
Michael is right.

I sold a name in 2015 and it is not on that list.

That is because it started tracking sales about 4 months ago only. All the names I've sold (3 of them) during that time are inclused with the right pricing.

•••
Could you please share your December sales, Michael? Thanks!

@michaeljkrell

•••
Domainzy just sold Billzy on Brand Bucket!

In 2016 I now share all my sales/buys on my blog Domainzy

•••
Domainzy just sold Billzy on Brand Bucket!

In 2016 I now share all my sales/buys on my blog Domainzy
That's awesomezy! Thanks for sharing. :)

•••
I assume what they do is first collected for how much the name are sold on BB and then see which ones sold. Then they assume the names sold at posted prices.

I guess someone will report the domains for the guys leaving BB as sold these days... :)) They can never know if domain was sold or removed.

•••
I submitted a recently acquired 4L brandable (OZPO.com). I was curious to know their valuation.
It got accepted today with a value of $4295. I can bump it to $5155 with the 20%.

I wish they'd value it at $5K+. I'll see if I publish it or not.

•••
I guess someone will report the domains for the guys leaving BB as sold these days... :)) They can never know if domain was sold or removed.
Removed = 404
Sold = 200

Dead easy to automate a check for this.

•••

Actually, BB changes status of domains to "sold" for few days, while the payment is cleared or some other form of pending. They might use that info.

•••
Sold M * I * X * R * A * C * K yesterday.

•••
•••
Hi guys,

I just want to ask your opinion about this logo. I really don't think that it's good. I could be wrong so please let me know your thoughts.

Logo.png

Thanks!

•••
I just want to ask your opinion about this logo.

I like it. I appreciate most logo's that comes with an image over fancy font.

•••
@michaeljkrell or knoweldgeable sellers:

I heard somewhere that BrandBucket offers a small % if our link to BB results in a sale? Insight is much appreciated.

Example:
I have O t t e r C l o u d listed, and picked up C l o u d O t t e r to protect the listed brand. Is it best to include it in the brandbucket listing, or have a link to O/C from C/O stating that if bought the buyer would recieve both names. With said link, is there an referral fee?

•••
•••
Thanks Domainzy,

You were fantastic on Domain Sherpa. I was really inspired by your success! I am looking forward to reading your blog.

•••
Officially left Brandbucket by now!
All my domains are now pointing to DomainNameSales.
all domains listed on Afternic, SEDO. Premium listing on Afternic whenever applicable.

Regardless of the reasons I left BB, I am thankful for the thousands of dollars i profited earlier with them!
Good luck everyone. I will keep you all posted with results.

•••
@michaeljkrell or knoweldgeable sellers:

I heard somewhere that BrandBucket offers a small % if our link to BB results in a sale? Insight is much appreciated.

Example:
I have O t t e r C l o u d listed, and picked up C l o u d O t t e r to protect the listed brand. Is it best to include it in the brandbucket listing, or have a link to O/C from C/O stating that if bought the buyer would recieve both names. With said link, is there an referral fee?

Hi. We are currently testing a new affiliate system, but at this current we don't offer an affiliate commission. If you have a names along with multiple versions, you can include that info in the listing and then redirect to the alternative version(s) to the BB listing page.

•••
Also a reminder that BrandBucket is having a get together in the Tropicana Lounge from 6:00-7:30, tomorrow the 10th. Both Margot and myself will be there with free beer :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back